Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ideal Guild Quiz!

Kowasin
03.07.2012 , 07:44 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Josmoda View Post
Here's what I got...
Only thing I wish this site had was an option to check what times your available to play, like for me anytime after 5 pm is out for me and most people raid at 8:30 pm or later.
Only thing I could suggest is check out all the guilds on your list to see what their raiding schedule is like. Some guilds could offer different raiding times to accommodate their members.
The Gene Pool Could Use More Chlorine.

Jain_Charin
03.08.2012 , 01:17 PM | #82
Great thread. I'm sure it'll help many people who are new to MMOs find a suitable guild.

Dink
03.08.2012 , 01:27 PM | #83
Dragon Squad has been added to the quiz - Welcome

Additionally, the IGQ has hit a major milestone that has been a year in the making - we have officially surpassed the 10k mark in quiz submissions!!! (currently at 10,089 total as of this posting)

Thank you to the entire SWTOR community, it's fans, gamers, guild leaders and members for continuing to make the IGQ a success - the quiz would be nothing without the community's support
Rebuc Arisso ::: Major :::
Eternal Vigilance. :::
The 'Ideal Guild Quiz' :::

Jain_Charin
03.08.2012 , 01:44 PM | #84
I've just noticed that the Chuundar PvP European server has been omitted. Could you rectify that, please?

Dink
03.08.2012 , 03:35 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Jain_Charin View Post
I've just noticed that the Chuundar PvP European server has been omitted. Could you rectify that, please?
That server wasn't omitted, it's just not currently being displayed as selectable because there aren't any "IGQ Guilds" on it at the moment.

The way we have it setup is this:

The full list of servers is available for guilds to see when they submit their guild to the quiz (they fill out a guild-version of the quiz that is near identical to what standard quiz-takers see, but has a few differences).

When a standard user takes the quiz, they only see servers listed where we have a current guild that matches - the reason is to maximize the potential list of guilds you would see as results, and most importantly, to limit the chance of getting zero results due to a filter (such as selecting a specific server) you chose at the beginning.

If we get a guild added that plays on Chuundar, it will automatically be added to the list of servers on the dropdown selection as well as the "Guild List" page...but as of now, since we don't have any guilds in the IGQ that play on that server, it won't be displayed.

Hope that all makes sense
Rebuc Arisso ::: Major :::
Eternal Vigilance. :::
The 'Ideal Guild Quiz' :::

Jain_Charin
03.08.2012 , 03:41 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Dink View Post
That server wasn't omitted, it's just not currently being displayed as selectable because there aren't any "IGQ Guilds" on it at the moment.

The way we have it setup is this:

The full list of servers is available for guilds to see when they submit their guild to the quiz (they fill out a guild-version of the quiz that is near identical to what standard quiz-takers see, but has a few differences).

When a standard user takes the quiz, they only see servers listed where we have a current guild that matches - the reason is to maximize the potential list of guilds you would see as results, and most importantly, to limit the chance of getting zero results due to a filter (such as selecting a specific server) you chose at the beginning.

If we get a guild added that plays on Chuundar, it will automatically be added to the list of servers on the dropdown selection as well as the "Guild List" page...but as of now, since we don't have any guilds in the IGQ that play on that server, it won't be displayed.

Hope that all makes sense
My mistake, I wasn't aware of that.

It does make sense.

SNEAKYSIX
03.09.2012 , 04:44 AM | #87
No EU suggestions were made? Thought it might have been expanded to cover
You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

Koalachan
03.10.2012 , 12:52 AM | #88
I keep seeing people LF servers/guilds, so I'm giving this more love to help them find the right home.

Jain_Charin
03.10.2012 , 01:28 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
I keep seeing people LF servers/guilds, so I'm giving this more love to help them find the right home.
Completely agree. The thread should be made a sticky.

Scorpienne
03.10.2012 , 12:33 PM | #90
^ 100%

The next step is to bug GLs on your server, not just your GL but all GLs, to put their guilds on here. Many servers are unrepresented or underrepresented.

Paige