Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

opperative vs sniper

AsasynPol
02.21.2012 , 04:28 PM | #1
Which class is better and why. I dont know what I should choose.

nsaucdiv
02.21.2012 , 04:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AsasynPol View Post
Which class is better and why. I dont know what I should choose.
Sigh. Neither class is "better". They're different. Operative is a stealth dps or healing class, sniper is a cover-based dps-only class. It really just depends on what playstyle suits you better/which you enjoy more. Take your best guess at which you'll like playing, and if you find it doesn't suit you reroll and try the other!
I like my bag, Mike.

AsasynPol
02.21.2012 , 04:44 PM | #3
I like stealth and silent killing. But is opperative good at this meta. I read that it's weak.

James_Avila
02.21.2012 , 05:01 PM | #4
The Operative has several crowdcontrol Abilities but the damage is poor, if you compare the Operative with other Damage Classes.
It was ok, to nerf the too hard hiting Opener but our other Abilities are too weak to compensate the last Operative Nerf.

I hope they re-balance the Operative that he can compete with the other classes. Its difficult to impossible to beat up other classes with equal equip. I never play the Operative as a healer but Ive read, that other healing classes are clearly better. Particularly BWs favorite Class - the Sorcs.

Maybe you go better with an Assasine, if you want a Stealther.

P.S.: Excuse my bad english

AsasynPol
02.21.2012 , 05:09 PM | #5
Who deals bigger dmg at pve.

James_Avila
02.21.2012 , 05:17 PM | #6
All other DPS Classes do more Damage than the Operative. Perhaps and hopefully change that fact with upcoming Patches. If you want a range DD you should choose a BH or a Sorc and if you want Melee i would take a Marauder.

DragethVeran
02.21.2012 , 05:18 PM | #7
In terms of PvE:

Operative: Can heal. Melee range oriented, good burst but poor sustained damage, good mobility.

Sniper: Only deals damage. High range oriented, good burst, good sustained, poor mobility.

If you goal is to be an end game raider, then snipers are for more rare and in demand than operatives for DPS.

Howbadisbad
02.21.2012 , 05:24 PM | #8
Sniper is superior if you want to deal damage/have utility in pvp/pve
Roll a Sorc or Merc if you want to heal

Operatives are pretty trash right now compared to other classes since they have been face tanking the nerf bat.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbie View Post
If one class can perform better than other classes in a greater number of rolls, than that class is not balanced.
You defended that Operatives can perform well, but if an Assassin can do the same things but better, than Operatives are not balanced. "Succeeding" is irrelevant.

burnman
02.21.2012 , 06:53 PM | #9
i chose to be a sniper because i liked the title plus my brother is the healer for my party group, so far i deal an ok amout of damage but i still liked my bounty hunter alt more because of his AoE abilities.

AsasynPol
02.22.2012 , 07:41 AM | #10
Mayby I should continue playing with Sith assasin (16lvl)