Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Republic Dancer's Top Bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Republic Dancer's Top Bug

Xelestial_Dragon's Avatar


Xelestial_Dragon
02.21.2012 , 03:39 PM | #1
I had no idea where to post this, but I was hoping my fellow Shadows/Consulars might be kind enough to help me.

On my Mirialan Shadow, the top is showing up as pink and low-res/uncolored while logged in, and the proper red on the log-in screen, as shown below.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ouyama/1-4.jpg

Is there anyway I can fix this? I feel like there is something I'm missing here :S

EDIT- And now I discover that it also turns red in conversations, which furthers my thought that it's a problem with the low-res sets.

Llenyd's Avatar


Llenyd
02.21.2012 , 04:41 PM | #2
The login screen and cutscenes show hi-res graphics.

During normal gameplay, you have the choice of using low-res or medium-res graphics.

Xelestial_Dragon's Avatar


Xelestial_Dragon
02.21.2012 , 04:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
The login screen and cutscenes show hi-res graphics.

During normal gameplay, you have the choice of using low-res or medium-res graphics.
Tried putting all my settings high (though character detail and several other settings except for shadows were already on high) and I tried on another computer that always plays high settings and it still didn't change anything Thanks though...

Llenyd's Avatar


Llenyd
02.21.2012 , 04:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xelestial_Dragon View Post
Tried putting all my settings high (though character detail and several other settings except for shadows were already on high) and I tried on another computer that always plays high settings and it still didn't change anything Thanks though...
What is listed as "high" in your graphics setting is really just medium.

Big thread on the subject (including BW response):
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=286535

Xelestial_Dragon's Avatar


Xelestial_Dragon
02.21.2012 , 05:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
What is listed as "high" in your graphics setting is really just medium.

Big thread on the subject (including BW response):
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=286535
Well, that makes some sense. I just tried a conversation and you're right! It turns red with the high res model. But still, it doesn't make sense that the color of the outfit is different for me in the low res model, while on other players' low res model, it is red.

But it appears the lower res version for my character is bugged or a different color unless green people are just supposed to have pink, but if that were the case, then the high-res version wouldn't be red :S

I also just found someone with the same exact top, but it was white/gold. Wth :S

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ouyama/2-2.jpg

Llenyd's Avatar


Llenyd
02.21.2012 , 06:35 PM | #6
There's an Authenticator Dancer set and a Nar Shadaa Dancer set which are different colors.

As for the changing color of the same set yeah, the low-res texture they're linked to is a different color than the high-res texture.

Xelestial_Dragon's Avatar


Xelestial_Dragon
02.21.2012 , 06:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
There's an Authenticator Dancer set and a Nar Shadaa Dancer set which are different colors.

As for the changing color of the same set yeah, the low-res texture they're linked to is a different color than the high-res texture.
Actually I inspected and this person had the "Republic Dancer's Top" on, so that's a whole 'nother confusing issue...But I am going to go find this Nar Shadaa Dancer set and check it since this one isn't doing exactly what I need it to.

I've got a theory though, that modding changes the colors of this thing since I have 0 mods in it (since it wasn't the right color I didn't put any mods in it) and my husband's Kira has mods in it, and it is red, and the character pictured that I found with the white version was low level and had low level mods. This sounds crazy, but I'm going to do some testing, as I saw a comment on TORhead that modding the Slave Girl Outfit changed the color of it. I also saw several different screenshots with different colors as seen here http://www.torhead.com/item/4IJpLoa/...op#screenshots.

Llenyd, I do appreciate your help greatly.

EDIT to let others know the outcome- Changing mods didn't do anything for me, but I can't deny there are people in the same exact gear running around with different colors, so who knows? I will assume it's buggy as other people have had issues with the gear. However the Slave Girl outfit does show up the correct color, so I will be using that instead Hopefully this thread'll help someone else down the line.

Kiyoko-'s Avatar


Kiyoko-
02.21.2012 , 08:00 PM | #8
I would really, really like to know the answer to this too.

I'm wearing the authenticator dancer's outfit for me. In game, it shows up as light pink. I see others walking around, in game, with red. They say they bought from the authenticator vendor too. I don't understand it... why do they all get red, while I get light pink (that does not show against my skin tone as well).

Mine has mods in it too.

The Nar Shadda version is named Slave Girl instead of Dancer. It is white. I have not gotten the chance to try it because even social 2 is difficult to get to.

This drives me crazy. I would really like the red version everyone else has. I don't understand why I get stuck with pink. Is it maybe your cosmetic choice? Hair or skin color?

Help please!

Xelestial_Dragon's Avatar


Xelestial_Dragon
02.21.2012 , 10:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiyoko- View Post
I would really, really like to know the answer to this too.

I'm wearing the authenticator dancer's outfit for me. In game, it shows up as light pink. I see others walking around, in game, with red. They say they bought from the authenticator vendor too. I don't understand it... why do they all get red, while I get light pink (that does not show against my skin tone as well).

Mine has mods in it too.

The Nar Shadda version is named Slave Girl instead of Dancer. It is white. I have not gotten the chance to try it because even social 2 is difficult to get to.

This drives me crazy. I would really like the red version everyone else has. I don't understand why I get stuck with pink. Is it maybe your cosmetic choice? Hair or skin color?

Help please!
I'm glad to hear it's not only me, but I'm afraid I have no solution to this problem. I opened up a bug report, but you know how those go. I'll try to keep this thread updated for any others with this issue, but there is definitely something buggy/odd with these sets showing up in different colors.

Can I ask what race/skin tone your character is? Maybe it's on certain models or skin tones that this happens. For now I'm using the Slave Girl outfit from the Nar Shadaa cantina because it stays gold, but even the little dangling piece turns pink in cutscenes and stays white out of it.

There's something messed up about the outfit in general that makes it display the wrong color in and out of high-resolution. I would really like the red one too, I had a whole set of gear planned to go with it. If you wear the outfit in cutscenes, likely it will turn red for you too, but who wants it only red in cutscenes?

EDIT- I also found this picture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/79135252.jpg/ of a purple and silver version and I read somewhere that someone changed the outfit on Nadia by changing her customization, so perhaps this armor really does change based on hair/skin color? I don't know if it's intended, but I think it's unfair if players can't control what color they're getting. Pale pink looks terrible on rich green skin.

Kiyoko-'s Avatar


Kiyoko-
02.22.2012 , 07:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xelestial_Dragon View Post
Can I ask what race/skin tone your character is? Maybe it's on certain models or skin tones that this happens. For now I'm using the Slave Girl outfit from the Nar Shadaa cantina because it stays gold, but even the little dangling piece turns pink in cutscenes and stays white out of it.
Thank you for your reply... I have a suspicion it might be the character creation settings too. So I will list mine like you ask, just in case it helps somehow:

Human, female, Sage
Body: 2
Head: 17
Scars: 1
Complexion: 25 (plain face with kind of round eyebrows)
Eye Color: 6 (dark brown)
Cosmetics: 9 (plain face, light pink eyeshadow, red lipstick)
Hairstyle: 22 (short with part)
Hair Color: 10 (black)
Skin: 13 (a little pale, which is why the light pink doesn't stand out well!)

Maybe Complexion, Cosmetics, or Skin are likely suspects? Or maybe they have nothing to do with it, I don't know.

I do love the red look in my cut-scenes too. I really would like to have that all the time.

I really hope someone can help, if anyone knows please!