Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help on what to start for new guild.

Larsenex
02.21.2012 , 02:08 PM | #1
Our guild members are all finally reaching 50. Our members are raiders in EQ2 and are pretty intelligent enough to figure out how to act as a force. However I do not know where to begin. Should we split into two groups of FOUR and do Hard Mode Flash Points (black talon) or would we be better off all going into 8 man EV regular mode? Most of us are 'fresh' 50's with little purple gear. We have an Ops healer in all 51 modded gear and a 50 Sorc healer in blue gear with some purple. Tank is purple geared PT and we have a jugg off tank.

Where do we start?
Corbindallas Agent of the Empire
VERMIN (spreading filth and disease in the Galaxy for ages!)

"Go for the Eyes Boo!"

grufftech
02.21.2012 , 02:17 PM | #2
both. Normal mode 8-man operations are kinda a joke, and 4-person flashpoints aren't far behind it.

*By joke i mean we cleared it with "fresh 50's"
Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

Larsenex
02.21.2012 , 05:13 PM | #3
Thanks, I figured I would at least get a response on which of the two is most doable.
Corbindallas Agent of the Empire
VERMIN (spreading filth and disease in the Galaxy for ages!)

"Go for the Eyes Boo!"

Synalon
02.21.2012 , 05:34 PM | #4
I think in the long run more columni gear drops in a normal mode op then a HM FP so its more time efficient to do those.

Its not even all that hard, but I would make blue gear a requirement just to be safe.
Jen'Taral
Empire Rp/PvP
[Recruitment Thread]

DarthBloodloss
02.21.2012 , 05:42 PM | #5
Doing normal mode EV would be a good thing for Columi drops as well as learning to do the op. If you get to full columi before learning EV, you will be either running EV normal just to learn (drops are only columi) or jumping right to EV hard for Rakata without having learned the op.

But HM flash points are easy and should be done whenever possible if you still need columi. False Emperor HM is good because it takes about 1.5 hours (or 2 if you are just learning) and drops a chest piece for someone. And its very easy.

Might want to go in a non-guild PUG in a certain flashpoint just to learn it, and then start going with guildees once someone knows it.

I can run a new squad through HM FE with no problems only because I have done it so many times before.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS