Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alt toon on Republic side, something I've noticed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Alt toon on Republic side, something I've noticed

ZeusThunder
02.21.2012 , 12:26 PM | #1
After leveling two character through PvP on the Imperial side and almost one through PvP on the Republic side I've noticed some very interesting trends. This is of course only on one server, so it may just be me but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed these things as well.

1) Imperials don't like to defend; Republic loves to defend
In Civil War and Voidstar, there have been countless times where the Imperials leave a point completely undefended because at the time all the action is taking place somewhere else. They'll work hard to take a turret in Civil War only to lose it again 30 seconds later because everybody left after taking it.
For the Republic side, they like to defend TOO much. I see all the time when we have just one turret in Civil War 3-4 people defending the one we have and not enough trying to get another one. In Voidstar it is much harder to ninja-cap a door when facing the Republic because they always tend to have at least one person guarding each side.
In summary, the Imperials just seem much more aggressive than the Republic do. Sometimes this is to a fault, other times it is not.

2) Imperials are better at PvP; Republic is better at warzone objectives (excluding Huttball)

I really can't think of a specific example right now but does anyone else ever get the feeling that Republic victory often comes from correct strategy and Imperial victory often comes from just zerging stuff and happening to win just because they could kill the other players really fast?
When making a new post if you can't even take the time to use basic grammar and spelling, why should I take the time to give you a proper response? Using poor English in forum posts is an invitation to be trolled.

Absit
02.21.2012 , 12:27 PM | #2
Nope.
DarkMad Assassin
Combat Sentinel
ScrapSaw Scoundrel

Elysion
02.21.2012 , 12:30 PM | #3
republic has more healers and more tanks

More heals and more tanks = sturdier clumps of pubs

More survivability = less 'stringing out' from spawn to wherever the objectives are

This results in more natural cohesion and better staying power on objectives

on my server in huttball pub control the middle like 80% of all games, as an example of this effect.

imps have more dps, It only takes 1 or 2 other players to decide to switch their target to the target some other dps is mindlessly attacking in order to have good focus fire in this game.

VirgiI
02.21.2012 , 12:31 PM | #4
Agreed on both points. As an imperial operative, every time I play alderran I get a huge laugh. We'll always get 2 turrets, republic will get 1, and keep 4-5 players guarding their one turret. Then they'll lose the game, log into forums, and whine about how BW caters to the Empire by making their turrets fire faster.

savionen
02.21.2012 , 12:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by VirgiI View Post
Agreed on both points. As an imperial operative, every time I play alderran I get a huge laugh. We'll always get 2 turrets, republic will get 1, and keep 4-5 players guarding their one turret. Then they'll lose the game, log into forums, and whine about how BW caters to the Empire by making their turrets fire faster.
On our server, in Alderaan, Empire always loses because all they do is 8man zerg and leaves all their bases unattended.

Elysion
02.21.2012 , 12:34 PM | #6
on my server, alderaan

if pub grabs two turrets at start, they hold them, and win
If imp grabs two turrets at start, they go for the third, and lose =P

Grubfist
02.21.2012 , 12:34 PM | #7
It varies from server to server and group to group.

VirgiI
02.21.2012 , 12:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
On our server, in Alderaan, Empire always loses because all they do is 8man zerg and leaves all their bases unattended.
Yeah I can definitely see that happening. I always roll with 2-3 guildies when we play WZs so we usually win regardless, but when I queue solo I am absolutely astounded by the sheer stupidity of 90% of PvPers regardless of faction.

WasabiJack
02.21.2012 , 12:35 PM | #9
This all can be related to one thing I realized as well..

Imperial's average age is 5-7 years younger.

I have a feeling all the kids went to the "Dark Side" with purple lightning because it's cool.

Not sure, but a lot of immaturity with the imps... hence the lack of discipline to play the objective me thinks.

As for imps being better skilled at PVP?? how can you tell, most servers it's 5 to 1 ratio.

When on equal numbers or out numbered, the imps seem to not know what to do where as the reps do. not because they are more skilled but a little more experienced playing the out numbered games.

Sumire
02.21.2012 , 12:38 PM | #10
To be honest that is pure lies, falsehood, drivle, nonsense.
Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.