Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-47 in False Emperor...harsh!?

Gamstun
02.21.2012 , 03:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryanxxx View Post
I lol at people that say "this boss is overtuned" when you don't even understand the fight. I will break it down for you sir.

From start to finish.

The fight starts by having your tank grab the boss. At this time your healer should be healing the party and tank.
let me stop you right there....

as a healer i ALWAYS bubble everyone up before this fight and DPS the heck out of him as much as i can at the start.

it is VERY important to get him to the point where the turrets span then when he starts to disappear ASAP to avoid enrage timers.

i'll also add that when he starts to disappear, EVERYONE group together and the healer should cast his AoE heal, then the others aoe DPS when he reappears and the healer single heal the person that gets the DoT (if they do)

this is a rather easy fight if people pay attention and know what they're doing.

another thing people are forgetting to mention (which you did as well) is his cone based frontal attack. make sure the tank has him facing away from everyone. what we usually do is have the tank stand right in the middle and make a triangle around him, using the turrets as two of three points of the triangle, making it easier to have the missile drops hit the turrets.

if you do all these things and still fail, as others have said you are lacking DPS or need the healer to get more active at the start of the fight and add some extra DPS.

i've run this fight multiple times now without a single death....

Relith
02.21.2012 , 04:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Voar View Post
Alright already...I admitted to not understanding the fight. And not knowing my DPS was bad after we cleared up to HK-47 with zero problems. It was a DPS check and we failed.

/*waves white flag*

You are right and I am wrong.....
I am ugly and you are incredibly good looking....
I've made the same mistake. I kept hearing about this dot and worrying about it all the time, and then people just start getting one shot. As a healer I didnt really have him targetted that often because i was busy targetting teammates to heal (and looking at health bars). You'd think my 3 group mates might have noticed the enrage and said something, but I was convinced I was screwing up as a healer. After the 4th failure I asked if he was enraging, and on the 5th fail, my suspicions were confirmed.

The enrage is just a hard wall on this encounter. if you go in with subpar dps in your group, expect disappointment. We had some juggernaut who had just converted from tank to dps spec, his gear was terrible, and he didn't know what he was doing so we paid the price.

Gamstun
02.21.2012 , 04:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Relith View Post
I've made the same mistake. I kept hearing about this dot and worrying about it all the time, and then people just start getting one shot. As a healer I didnt really have him targetted that often because i was busy targetting teammates to heal (and looking at health bars). You'd think my 3 group mates might have noticed the enrage and said something, but I was convinced I was screwing up as a healer. After the 4th failure I asked if he was enraging, and on the 5th fail, my suspicions were confirmed.

The enrage is just a hard wall on this encounter. if you go in with subpar dps in your group, expect disappointment. We had some juggernaut who had just converted from tank to dps spec, his gear was terrible, and he didn't know what he was doing so we paid the price.
as i stated above, as a healer i try and pump out as much DPS as i can at at the beginning of the fight when there are no turrets and HK is doing less damage to help avoid the enrage timer.

also MAKE SURE your DPS and yourself are not standing behind the tank as HK has a frontal cone attack. and also MAKE SURE you and your DPS are paying attention to the ground affects of the missles and moving.

then when he disappears group together, AoE heal and AoE DPS when he reappears and you should be fine.

if you do all these things and still die, your DPS are not on the level and need to gear up a bit.

Battilea
02.21.2012 , 05:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryanxxx View Post
You must aoe the area around the TARGETED player to break his stealth on his SECOND vanish. Repeat the above till dead.
This really is the key to making him easy. Well, that and enough DPS so he doesn't enrage

TrooperSev
02.21.2012 , 06:55 PM | #25
I just want to point this out. The reason you aoe is to break his stealth. Its easy if you bring a mercenary who has the probe detection. The moment he stealths, have the merc cast his probes in an area around the group. HK might stun before the probes work but the moment he tries to restealth he will pop out before he does his 1-hit wonder. My group does this everytime and has yet to have anyone die to him that way. If no merc is in the group, just make sure the aoe's are still going during HK's second stealth.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."