Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-47 in False Emperor...harsh!?

Dukibritches
02.21.2012 , 02:00 PM | #11
I agree with the AOE method. I have ran this HM FP many times and we just ignore the turrets and when he begins his stealth phase we just AOE on top of him. Now keep in mind he does use stealth twice, you need to AOE him out of the 2nd one to prevent the killshot.

I cannot reiterate enough that this works everytime and nobody takes any huge damage spikes.

schnopsnosn
02.21.2012 , 02:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Voar View Post
Terms like LOL, and cakewalk are elitist. Especially when the only video evidence I have seen shows the group getting it done by the skin of their teeth. The penalty is harsh. If you miss the turret/interupt on one of the previous boss the damage is ramped up from 100% to 400%. On HK-47 the penalty is more than likely a wipe. And I find people are mostly full of crap when describing the difficulty of an instance/boss. IMO they fall into two groups.

1. Easy = group wiped multiple times but progressed.
2. Hard = Wiped until group quit.

I think those two descriptions are disingenuous. Even though we had progressed up to HK-47 without a wipe I would not have considered it easy or faceroll. There were several hairy moments.

I was the tank in the scenario so I don't know if the DPS were doing the AOE's properly, but I trust when they say they are AOE'n that they are. For whatever reason the tactic was not working.

Again, thank you for those who gave advice.
I'll fraps it for you next time

Alchropie
02.21.2012 , 02:31 PM | #13
Terms like LOL, and cakewalk are elitist. .
laughed way too hard at this.
(V)(',,,')(V)
woopwoopwoop

Ryanxxx
02.21.2012 , 02:40 PM | #14
I lol at people that say "this boss is overtuned" when you don't even understand the fight. I will break it down for you sir.

From start to finish.

The fight starts by having your tank grab the boss. At this time your healer should be healing the party and tank. They are very basic attacks. The boss will spawn 2 turrets with green shields, at this time the boss will do a tracer missile which will put a circle under a player. Move the targeted player to the turret in the 4seconds it gives you before the circle turns red and the missile launches. Do this till the turrets have no shields left. When the turrets are up have the tank aoe taunt, when it's up. They also do about 0damg and are to be ignored till the boss is dead. Now Here comes the "hard" part. Hk will vanish and target "target" not "dot" he will TARGET one player and come out of stealth. At this point u have 3 secs of dps that can be done, he will then Vanish AGAIN and prepare to 1 hit kill that TARGETED player. You must aoe the area around the TARGETED player to break his stealth on his SECOND vanish. Repeat the above till dead.

Good dps = 2 vanish
Bad dps = 3+

Now that you understand the fight please go attempt it again and tell me how "hard" it is.

Alchropie
02.21.2012 , 02:41 PM | #15
I can't solo Karagga. Its broken. *** BioWare FIX THIS nyerk RIGHT NOW!
(V)(',,,')(V)
woopwoopwoop

Telka_Tetra
02.21.2012 , 02:49 PM | #16
The first shot will immobilize you
The second will spill your slippery contents all over the floor.
He does warn you :/
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Voar
02.21.2012 , 03:11 PM | #17
Wow, a lot of hate going around. I was commenting that the failure on this time sensitive mechanic is harsh. I guess that equals me ranting about not being able to solo a flashpoint.

@Ryan - thank you for the detailed explanation of the fight. Especially the detail on the two different vanish phases. The fight, prior to his vanish phasewas pretty self explanitory.

I guess the DPS of my group was poor. We were into the fourth cycle of his vanish.

schnopsnosn
02.21.2012 , 03:14 PM | #18
Wow, a lot of hate going around. I was commenting that the failure on this time sensitive mechanic is harsh. I guess that equals me ranting about not being able to solo a flashpoint.

@Ryan - thank you for the detailed explanation of the fight. Especially the detail on the two different vanish phases. The fight, prior to his vanish phasewas pretty self explanitory.

I guess the DPS of my group was poor. We were into the fourth cycle of his vanish.
So he was in the FOURTH cycle and you call it harsh?
You call us elitist while your DPS was subpar...

Mavery
02.21.2012 , 03:25 PM | #19
Four cycles of vanish? He was probably enraged lol.

This is all on your group. No more, no less. DPS harder, knock him out of stealth faster, and it's a breeze. I've done this fight (and the rest of the FP in HM) with a companion healer. If that's doable, outgoing damage is clearly not a problem.

Voar
02.21.2012 , 03:26 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
So he was in the FOURTH cycle and you call it harsh?
You call us elitist while your DPS was subpar...
Alright already...I admitted to not understanding the fight. And not knowing my DPS was bad after we cleared up to HK-47 with zero problems. It was a DPS check and we failed.

/*waves white flag*

You are right and I am wrong.....
I am ugly and you are incredibly good looking....