Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-47 in False Emperor...harsh!?

Voar
02.21.2012 , 12:10 PM | #1
My group wiped several times on HK-47 after he goes stealth and puts that sick DOT on a random group member. Group members go down like a sack of potatos in 1-2 seconds.

This boss seems overly hard. We passed the prior bosses without one problem. Every video I see with success on him seems to be won luckily or within a hair of failing.

Does anyone have any advice for taking him down? We never got him below 10%.

Things we tried.
#1 Stacking on tank when HK-47 stealths and AOEing on selves to take him out of stealth and prevent DOT. (mixed results, didn't work everytime)
#2 Cleansing DOT (one cleanse success and then healers couldn't cleanse quick enough)
#3 Target of DOT uses defensive cooldowns (not nearly enough damage reduction)
#4 Guarding target of DOT (I am a shadow tank and this didn't effect results any)

MetleAntiga
02.21.2012 , 12:19 PM | #2
Stacking and Aoe'ing the crap out of him WHEN HE APPEARS out of stealth works for us everytime.
Guarding will prevent 5% Damage...

Menzoberanza
02.21.2012 , 12:20 PM | #3
ermm I never had such issues

we just bomb the turrets with the rockets thingie he spawns on random people to take shields down on them

Then when he vanish and appears again we kill turret that is further from him and AoE the one next to him ... and basicly he is dead by then

never had any issue with dot, and when he does snipe just use defensive cd's or HP stim to help healer

we are talking HM mode right ?
R.I.P. .

SirArion
02.21.2012 , 12:21 PM | #4
The alternate way is to have everyone spread out. The person he pops up next to is the one that you need to instantly Cleanse the dot off.
Republic? Empire? Both have way to many rules and regulations for an honest businessman carrying supplies.

FunkyMo
02.21.2012 , 12:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SirArion View Post
The alternate way is to have everyone spread out. The person he pops up next to is the one that you need to instantly Cleanse the dot off.
This is what we did after trying the AoE method. Spread out so it's clear who he will target. As soon as HK-47 unstealths, the healer should target the person he is standing next to. Don't cleanse too quickly because HK takes a few moments before he poisons (I've been a little trigger-happy and cleansed before the DOT was applied). Just watch for the debuff to show up then pop the cleanse. Good as new!

schnopsnosn
02.21.2012 , 12:32 PM | #6
Lol HK is usually a cakewalk for us.
AoE'ing works fine for us so far.
Also just ignore the turrets, let the tank taunt them and kill them after HK is dead.

Voar
02.21.2012 , 12:52 PM | #7
Thanks for the inputs (at least the constuctive ones....i knew it was a matter of time before some elitist chimed in with how easy it is).

We will try the spread out method and get the person HK is on targeted quickly for a hasty cleanse.

Qilz
02.21.2012 , 12:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Voar View Post
Thanks for the inputs (at least the constuctive ones....i knew it was a matter of time before some elitist chimed in with how easy it is).

We will try the spread out method and get the person HK is on targeted quickly for a hasty cleanse.
There's nothing elitist about the earlier responses. It's a simple fight. He goes invis, AE. It's not that tough.

Voar
02.21.2012 , 01:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Qilz View Post
There's nothing elitist about the earlier responses. It's a simple fight. He goes invis, AE. It's not that tough.
Terms like LOL, and cakewalk are elitist. Especially when the only video evidence I have seen shows the group getting it done by the skin of their teeth. The penalty is harsh. If you miss the turret/interupt on one of the previous boss the damage is ramped up from 100% to 400%. On HK-47 the penalty is more than likely a wipe. And I find people are mostly full of crap when describing the difficulty of an instance/boss. IMO they fall into two groups.

1. Easy = group wiped multiple times but progressed.
2. Hard = Wiped until group quit.

I think those two descriptions are disingenuous. Even though we had progressed up to HK-47 without a wipe I would not have considered it easy or faceroll. There were several hairy moments.

I was the tank in the scenario so I don't know if the DPS were doing the AOE's properly, but I trust when they say they are AOE'n that they are. For whatever reason the tactic was not working.

Again, thank you for those who gave advice.

Qilz
02.21.2012 , 01:47 PM | #10
You need a better group. This fight is easy if your group has even half a clue how to bring a mob out of stealth. If they don't, they fail. Bottom line. The fight IS easy.