Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So help me understand this....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So help me understand this....

ErikValens's Avatar


ErikValens
02.21.2012 , 11:57 AM | #1
People can post all day about how everything about this game sux and needs to be changed, but when I make a thread that says the BW is doing a great job, don't change these things, it gets closed and deleted?? Seriously??

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe BW is only interested in turning this into a clone of other mmorpg's.

Well I will continue to pay and to play until that happens. I just really thought that you guys had some fresh and insightful perspectives.

TheOnlyKyrenS's Avatar


TheOnlyKyrenS
02.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #2
They close it because half the time, it ends up becoming a flame war with no constructive feed back. That and some of the mods I think are alittle incompetant.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

CommonKnowledge's Avatar


CommonKnowledge
02.21.2012 , 12:01 PM | #3
How can you discuss "everythings fine don't change anything?" This is a forum intended for discussion that you're posting in rather than a blog.

Asuka's Avatar


Asuka
02.21.2012 , 12:03 PM | #4
Because the OP thinks everything is fine and not to change anything?

CommonKnowledge's Avatar


CommonKnowledge
02.21.2012 , 12:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
Because the OP thinks everything is fine and not to change anything?
Without knowing what was originally written it's impossible to say, but I'm willing to bet it ran along these lines:

"Why are there so many people saying this game sucks? I mean if you don't like it don't play it. Personally I think this is a great game and Bioware (#1 game company of all time) has done a great job and we should just let them get on with it."

You can't discuss something with someone if they've already made up their mind.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.21.2012 , 12:09 PM | #6
People who are happy with the game aren't on the forums (nearly as much) because they're playing the game.

People who are unhappy with the game come to the forums to vent until their sub expires.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Amdramnar's Avatar


Amdramnar
02.21.2012 , 12:10 PM | #7
Because the original post broke a forum rule. Dont know which one or even if it was the original poster or another reply within the post.

Kinda like this post. Not suppose to post threads asking why another post got deleted. Expect this one to disapear.
Amdramnar shot first!

Azzras's Avatar


Azzras
02.21.2012 , 12:11 PM | #8
To help us expand our ignore list?
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Saltydogg's Avatar


Saltydogg
02.21.2012 , 12:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikValens View Post
People can post all day about how everything about this game sux and needs to be changed, but when I make a thread that says the BW is doing a great job, don't change these things, it gets closed and deleted?? Seriously??

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe BW is only interested in turning this into a clone of other mmorpg's.

Well I will continue to pay and to play until that happens. I just really thought that you guys had some fresh and insightful perspectives.
They took that as a scarcastic remark and closed your post.
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Saltydogg's Avatar


Saltydogg
02.21.2012 , 12:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
People who are happy with the game aren't on the forums (nearly as much) because they're playing the game.

People who are unhappy with the game come to the forums to vent until their sub expires.
Not true at all. There are many people who are still playing that come to the forums to give advice on what is broken and what works. This however is not beta and thus the reason why so many people are upset at this point in time
Saltydogg the real mmo dog