Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Look At The Old Republic

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GamewizX
02.21.2012 , 12:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JoxerNL View Post
It's sad they rather come with this crap instead of work on fulfilling some of those promises made.
You expect the marketing team to work on fixing game bugs?
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

Jesira
02.21.2012 , 12:21 PM | #22
cool video!

Jezzikah
02.21.2012 , 12:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Muskaan View Post
And I am pretty sure that their marketing dept doesn't debug ingame bugs.
Yeah because it wouldn't make sense to use part of that marketing money to hire more help for coding/bugs/exploits. Pretty sad when this game has major bugs and exploits that other big named MMO's would of had out of the game in a few days. But I guess that's hard to do when your spending all your time and money running a multi million dollar ad campaign all over TV and internet.

Darka
02.21.2012 , 12:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
You expect the marketing team to work on fixing game bugs?
LOL
Yeah Im just not getting the over reaction to this, what did anyone expect from a marketing tool? Players talking about how they hate the game? devs talking about the issues they are currently fixing? Sometimes the drones and the fanbois get blinded by their hatred and love that they dont even have time for common sense.
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM
Defender Gaming Community Est 2006
@Darkatron - Accept no imitations
@DefenderProgram for Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

SeptikAydz
02.21.2012 , 12:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ has been an incredible hit, becoming the fastest-selling MMO of all time with over a million players starting their own Star Wars™ saga in the first 24 hours! See for yourself what just a few of these players have to say about their experiences with the game in this new video!

Watch Now
dang... every time I read your yellow words... my eheart races.... ohhh why cant my GF be nerdy...
Da Foo i pity..... yesss....

TheLonelyTusken
02.21.2012 , 12:31 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by VegaPhone View Post
Cmon guys, this is not constructive. There are threads to discuss issues, and to make suggestions.

How is this helping to put down a video about the good things in the game.

There are good things about the game. Lets not forget that.
Some men aren't looking for anything logical.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
/waveshands

You want to go home and rethink your life...

xorcist
02.21.2012 , 12:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by saidmo View Post
LOOOL

nice propganda guys...rly classic
I guess you missed the part that said no mmo launch is perfect. Not your cup of tea? buh bye.

This IS the best MMO out there right now. It if Efing awesome!

+10 to me!
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Drewser
02.21.2012 , 12:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jezzikah View Post
I'm sure glad BW has the time and resources to make things like this instead of actually fixing the game.
If the same team in charge of creating marketing vids are also in charge of fixing the bugs, they are in trouble.

But of course, we all know that two different departments do these things and one is not done at the expense of the other.

CtpUK
02.21.2012 , 12:37 PM | #29
Shame it's not a broad spectrum of 'community members' putting across their own thoughts in this video, given the fact both Burnie Burns and Jack Pattillo work on/for Rooster Teeth (roosterteeth.com)
FURIOUS-GAMING [EU Hidden-Beks PvE]
Forum | Recruitment | Guild info
16-man Nightmare- EV 5/5, KP 5/5 - "The Infernal" title acquired 23-02-2012

Muskaan
02.21.2012 , 12:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
If the same team in charge of creating marketing vids are also in charge of fixing the bugs, they are in trouble.

But of course, we all know that two different departments do these things and one is not done at the expense of the other.
I think he was talking about monetary resources and not human resources. I.e. cut some budget from marketing and put it into hiring more devs to fix the bugs and not put the marketing guys into fixing bugs. GG

Also, this is a Star Wars IP - which by itself makes it a self marketable brand name.
50 Sorc Healer/DPS
- We Brake For Nobody - (RIP)
Empire US-West PvE soon-to-be defunct raiding guild
(5/5 Eternity Vault HM, 5/5 Karagga's Palace HM)