Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Worst dead in the 6 movies


jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.25.2012 , 11:26 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Vissirra View Post
First, C3P0 in Empire Strikes back on Cloud City. I know it's not a real death, but I mean come on he's a droid and was never really alive.

On Bobba Fett, Star Wars is a Science Fantasy Space Opera. Bobba Fett had a classic Soap Opra death. If it's off screen or a closed casket funeral they can be brought back later. Also he got out of the pit long after they had left the planet so it would have slowed the movie down.

And Star Wars doesn't do the after credit clips like other modern movies. They were the one of the first to do the 5+ minute after movie credits at the time.
how is his death off screen? We see him fall into the monsters mouth and then the monster burps. Lucas has said many times that is his death and he is dead. If he wanted to bring Boba Fett back in the movies he could easily do it.

Phantom meance did have a teaser at the end of the credits and what are you talking about Star Wars was one of the first to do 5+ minute after the movie credits?

Dylancholy's Avatar


Dylancholy
02.25.2012 , 11:43 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
how is his death off screen? We see him fall into the monsters mouth and then the monster burps. Lucas has said many times that is his death and he is dead. If he wanted to bring Boba Fett back in the movies he could easily do it.

Phantom meance did have a teaser at the end of the credits and what are you talking about Star Wars was one of the first to do 5+ minute after the movie credits?


Okay apparently nobody has said this so I will.
There are tiers of canon.
The highest tier is the films.
The second tier is television.
The third tier is expanded universe material that has been approved as canonical by Lucas' estate.
Anything below the second tier is ambiguous canon or non canon.
Boba Fett living is tier 3. Just because it's silly doesn't mean it's non canon.

Lordgeneral's Avatar


Lordgeneral
02.25.2012 , 01:02 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Midasear View Post
Padme Amidala - A wealthy young women in near perfect health surrounded by millions of credits worth of medical equipment, attended by the finest droid surgeons, and in the presence of one of the strongest force adepts in the galaxy .... dies in childbirth because she "lost the will to live".


Dr. Ball, MD pegged that scene exactly right in Robot Chicken.
People can lose the will to live. Medical equipment can do **** all to stop someone just letting go. So this scene is pretty fine in terms of reality and what was going on.

DarkSelo's Avatar


DarkSelo
02.25.2012 , 02:31 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Crip View Post
The emporer.

Amassed all that power over 6 films and a hell of a lot of years just to be thrown down the well by vader.
For me too. But he come back in Dark Empire

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
02.25.2012 , 02:35 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Dylancholy View Post
Okay apparently nobody has said this so I will.
There are tiers of canon.
The highest tier is the films.
The second tier is television.
The third tier is expanded universe material that has been approved as canonical by Lucas' estate.
Anything below the second tier is ambiguous canon or non canon.
Boba Fett living is tier 3. Just because it's silly doesn't mean it's non canon.
except him living contradicts the highest tier which says he died.

Mando's Avatar


Mando
02.25.2012 , 10:43 PM | #136
Worst death. Darth Sidious killing Agen Kolar, Saesee Tin and Kit Fisto in 5 seconds. I thought these were supposed to be the best duelists on the Order?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
02.25.2012 , 11:11 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Worst death. Darth Sidious killing Agen Kolar, Saesee Tin and Kit Fisto in 5 seconds. I thought these were supposed to be the best duelists on the Order?
They weren't the best, they were some of the best and they were fighting the most powerful sith lord ever. I'm actually surprised that Fisto lasted as long as he did actually, considering his form is for against multiple weapons.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Drahh's Avatar


Drahh
02.25.2012 , 11:22 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Worst death. Darth Sidious killing Agen Kolar, Saesee Tin and Kit Fisto in 5 seconds. I thought these were supposed to be the best duelists on the Order?
YES!! I commented about this earlier in the thread. 3 jedis dead in 5 seconds, herp derp.

darth_blue's Avatar


darth_blue
02.26.2012 , 07:56 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Drahh View Post
YES!! I commented about this earlier in the thread. 3 jedis dead in 5 seconds, herp derp.
yes tragic indeed. but this is just how lucas wants to show how strong Darth Sidious' oneness with the dark side..

BUT...

for me the worst dead is DARTH SIDIOUS (i'm not sure if this has already been mentioned in earlier posts because i don't like browsing through all replies).

he has killed the jedis mentioned above quite easily, but as he grew older in ROTJ,
he was able to be carried by Darth Vader (with one hand severed), and thrown into the Death Star energy hole... it's like he was stupified or something...

ProReo's Avatar


ProReo
02.26.2012 , 01:56 PM | #140
I would say Darth Maul. I get that Obi-Wan was extremely concentrated and empowered by the Force at that point and yes it was a great tactical move etc....But cmon. How hard is it to just slash him as he's coming upwards like Obi-Wan did against Anakin in ROTS? It is just silly, he just kept looking for a good 3 seconds.

I understand that he was caught off guard. But cmon, this is a guy who can use double-bladed sabers and can fight with two Jedi at once, that trick shouldn't have been the reason for his death imo.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams. "