Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MVP system is useless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
MVP system is useless

Birdydb
12.15.2011 , 09:55 PM | #11
Solution, leave system as in, get bonus points for voting, MVP winner is person with most votes + medals, there if no one votes at all someone still win who gets even more bonus points

aspectsofwar
12.15.2011 , 10:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Maybe they should force people to vote for an MVP before they're allowed to leave.
I agree with this.
Atrocious - Operative of THE FATMAN - US PvP East
WOW GLADIATOR X4

revial
12.15.2011 , 10:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by aspectsofwar View Post
I agree with this.
You're like the people who think voting should be mandatory in America. News Flash: The people who didn't vote are showing their vote by not voting. Their vote is they don't care.

maxvinyl
12.15.2011 , 10:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaonnor View Post
I think it is fine as it is. There doesn't need to be some crazy "Look this person got MVP!!!!" rewards system. This isn't your personal soapbox, its a video game.

The way it currently works, if people would like to give you extra props after the game, they can. If you get multiple people giving you those props, they give you a little bit more valor or commendations or whatever. It isn't some crazy amount, it isn't game breaking, just a little something extra for being helpful in the eyes of your teammates.

Don't fix what isn't broken.
I agree. I usually vote, just as long as there was someone I noticed doing really well/being particularly useful. I mean, I'd prefer to get a vote because someone genuinely thought I deserved it rather than because they were forced to vote for someone.

mickxx
12.15.2011 , 10:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by revial View Post
You're like the people who think voting should be mandatory in America. News Flash: The people who didn't vote are showing their vote by not voting. Their vote is they don't care.
that general train of thought is stupid and you should feel bad for thinking that way, decisions that affect you directly should be compulsary as being indecisive never helped anyone. It is your choice not to vote, but being able to have an effect (as small as it may be) on how your country operates or anything similiar seems stupid to throw away. Also im from australia so i have a bit more faith in these types of situations.

But almost contradicting myself, i dont think it should be mandatory to vote an MVP, it would be nice for people to vote fairly and based off objectives or effective healing or some1 standing out as a dps. But generally i think you will find that esp in pugs people might view themselves as the mvp and everyone else doesnt deserve extra points and there may be times where every1 in the group actually did perform badly, should those people get mvp pts? i dont think so.

keep it how it is, think of it as a bonus not an expectation and just hope overall it doesnt affect the big scheme of things too much if you pvp alone and get jibbed outa mvp pts. alternatively join a pvp guild or only pvp with at least 1 friend so your garunteed to get at least 1 vote + working together you will do better in the warzone and probably get noticed and given more votes.

Idunhavaname
12.15.2011 , 10:54 PM | #16
Fine the way it is imo.

You shouldn't feel obligated to vote MVP after a match.

RIP orange pixel

MastaGigs
12.15.2011 , 11:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by revial View Post
Or the fact it holds no value in the end, Democracy my rear but thats a dif story.

Idk what op is qqing about nearly all the warzones im in i see plenty of mvp votes go around. I for one always vote for top heals (Since im normally top damg/kills) or someone that stands out of the crowd.
Quote: Originally Posted by CupieFoxtail View Post
Welcome to a loot system where PvP gear, like PvE gear, is gained with RNG
Enjoy your stay

Sunsoar
12.15.2011 , 11:29 PM | #18
IT's better than nothing.
Without me, it's just aweso.
i7 950 @ 4.0ghz, ASUS X58 Saber mobo, 12gb RAM@1866mhz, 6970 LIGHTNING, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, BWU Keyboard, Razer Mamba, PC350s, XFX XXX 750w PSU.
This game desperately needs some sandbox elements. Repetitive grinding is not fun.

mdter
12.15.2011 , 11:48 PM | #19
Try saying something as the game ends about clicking on the icon for "mvp"?

I know the first dozen games in beta I played I had no idea I could do that. It isn't obvious if you're just looking at kills/heals/deaths/etc.

Tbh, there should be a little clickey pop up for "select your mvp!" that covers up the score screen.

zacger
12.16.2011 , 12:00 AM | #20
I definatly agree with others that have said that many don't understand what the system is. It's day 3 people give it some time. Also I think a lot of people are working under the assumption that these MVP points are somehow factored into the leveling grind. That's not nessiciarly the case. In my mind this is a small reward meant to give a bonus to someone who really played exceptionally and shouldn't be viewed as "lost" points. I wouldn't even give a bonus for voting personally as that almost forces people to vote.

In short don't fix it, it's not broken.