Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ruuprect
03.07.2012 , 02:20 PM | #171
As long as there is a vote kick option I am ok with it. Or even better allow the leader to kick whoever they want.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Voqar
03.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #172
Please keep TOR in the stone age of MMORPGs! No target of target, no readycheck, no combat log, no LFG tools, surely no cross server LFG, no macros, no addons, no UI customization NOTHING. Heck, remove bindable hotkeys...who needs it, surely they're exploitive or somehow related directly to satan.

Keep the game stripped down like it was made 10 years ago and no other MMORPGs have ever existed. Why acknowledge the evolution of the genre by matching (or trying to match) what other games have included for years when you can DO NOTHING instead.

Let selfish players who wouldn't need to use optional features whine and cry and prevent everyone else from enjoying what could be (and what IS in many other games).

Why have features common to most other quality MMORPGs when you can be backwards?

If MMORPGs were rental cars...

WoW would be the luxury sedan - every feature you could want (which of course, you don't have to use, but it's there if you want it).

TOR would be the cheapest economy car you could rent. Zero features but it gets you from point A to point B.

Every other MMORPG on the market would be somewhere in between but far higher up the chain than TOR, for sure, because I don't think any mainstream MMORPG has ever been so feature deprived. Even indie F2P MMORPGS offer more than TOR does for basic features.

It is completely ridiculous. But not as ridiculous as players who don't want basic features in the game, even though they don't have to use them? How is this remotely logical? Why care or limit how other people play with your close minded backwardness?
Failure to enforce the naming policy on RP servers is one reason I'm semi-retired from TOR. It's a sign that BW doesn't care about quality.

Esproc
03.07.2012 , 02:30 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by malangus View Post
No, is still there except for some class locked epic gear. Was a guy that said that WOW and SWTOR had loot system that prevented that, and I answer prevented my ...
Let alone that class locked gear is still not a guarantee as another of the class type can still roll on it, claiming "I may DS dps/heal/tank into tank/dps/healer role and may need it (which is a reason against the DS system)/my companion can use it".

We already have those people automatically needing for their companions, add in X-server and there is No Accountability for such actions, Hence the decimation of a Community that can self police itself to a degree.
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!

Voqar
03.07.2012 , 02:34 PM | #174
Seriously, I would guess that most people who are against stuff like cross server LFG and any other remotely progressive MMORPG feature are people who either never level to 50 or take 2 years to do it, never group, and mostly just casually solo skipping any and all challenging content.

People who actually play the game, and especially play it socially (doing group content and things more difficult than trying not to drool on yourself solo) could stand to have features that have been in MMORPGs for years and that ALL biggies have.

We're talking basic stuff here, not outlandish requests. Combat log. Target of target. Readycheck. Basic macro functionality (no stacking garbage like Rift has or anything remotely exploitive).
Failure to enforce the naming policy on RP servers is one reason I'm semi-retired from TOR. It's a sign that BW doesn't care about quality.

Ruuprect
03.07.2012 , 02:38 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
Let alone that class locked gear is still not a guarantee as another of the class type can still roll on it, claiming "I may DS dps/heal/tank into tank/dps/healer role and may need it (which is a reason against the DS system)/my companion can use it".

We already have those people automatically needing for their companions, add in X-server and there is No Accountability for such actions, Hence the decimation of a Community that can self police itself to a degree.
They would have to do a normal mode ops style of loot. Where it just gets handed out automatically. Also, xserver would be horrible, there is no need for it as you can gear up much faster in normal mode ops.

They should just allow free transfers, that would make the need for xserver lfg obsolete. Plus they would have to nerf HM FP's to accomidate for the lowest common denominator(terribads), which would ruin it for the people that dont need everything idiot proofed.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

MasterPromithes
03.07.2012 , 02:53 PM | #176
i honestly don't have a problem with it, i played wow from original to cataclysm and I can safely say that it was not the LFD system which destroyed the community, in fact on my server it made people want to group together even more, that way you didn't have to deal with random players who could possibly be bad. A LFD system is great in my opinion as a member of a tight-knit guild we lack healers, not having to post in general chat for half an hour looking for a healer would be very nice.
Jolee Bindo=Resident badarse of the Old Republic

Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
The capacity of the human spirit to find new things to argue about always inspires me.

DarthTHC
03.07.2012 , 02:56 PM | #177
Yesterday evening a guildmate (solid tank) and I (decent healer) spent over half an hour on fleet spamming for DPS for HM Flashpoints.

Half an hour waiting to play. Not playing. Waiting. Doing nothing fun or productive.

That is absolutely unacceptable.

We need x-server LFG.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Ruuprect
03.07.2012 , 03:00 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Yesterday evening a guildmate (solid tank) and I (decent healer) spent over half an hour on fleet spamming for DPS for HM Flashpoints.

Half an hour waiting to play. Not playing. Waiting. Doing nothing fun or productive.

That is absolutely unacceptable.

We need x-server LFG.
NO!!!!!!!
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Limedust
03.07.2012 , 03:03 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Esproc View Post

Do you have a chance to get the gear from the roll? Yes. Case f'ing closed.
Limedust
Uprox Screll SWG
Squadron 367

Bulauk
03.07.2012 , 03:16 PM | #180
If they aren't cross server you might as well not put them in. You may get a couple groups that way for lvl 50 content but not for pre 50 content. Learn from WoW, when they put in the dungeon stones forget what the called them they were a flat out failure. You need the largest possible pool of players for something like this to work. If the community on the server was that vibrant and tight nit you wouldn't need the dungeon finder in the first place.