Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IIII-IIII-IIII's Avatar


IIII-IIII-IIII
03.07.2012 , 06:38 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosdefined View Post
Yes, the sanity of knowing your opinion is better than others....
Evidently it is.
.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Juanxlink's Avatar


Juanxlink
03.07.2012 , 06:43 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosdefined View Post
The problem is, too many people blame the tool and not the users.

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player give you abuse and act like a dick to you?
Was it the LFG Tool that made that player ninja an item?
Was it the LFG Tool that made that player terrible at their class?

No.

You can give a man a stick, he could use it to make a fire to keep himself warm or he could wander around smacking people in the face with it.

Just because people misuse a tool does not mean that it was the fault of the tool.

Also just to note, in the very few Flashpoints I've managed to get a group for whilst levelling here, nobody spoke a bloody word the entire way through despite my efforts to be sociable.

On WoW when the LFD tool was around, I actually met my guild through it and joined them because we had such a fun time and they were so sociable. I transferred server and had some of the best times with them.
But you wont be able to imprint that into the naysayers brains, that and the fact that they dont need to use the tool at all to begin with, but they need to moan and complain...

Suriken's Avatar


Suriken
03.07.2012 , 06:45 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosdefined View Post
Um, excuse me? I'm not spreading lies or making anything up. Seriously why would I do that?

Go look at this link:

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

It tells you right there the population of the EU servers. Out of around 90 Servers, 17 of those are Standard Population and the rest are Light.

Please do your research before you accuse me of telling lies.
Lol you need to do your research, you realize what time it is now say in london right? Most of europe is in the middle of their work/school day right now. That's why they are light or standard.

#fail
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post
Burst class does burst damage. More news at 11 including snipers shoot stuff with guns.

Meldwyn's Avatar


Meldwyn
03.07.2012 , 06:48 AM | #94
The urban legend of "destroyed communities" from a cross server LFG tool... I would really like to see verifiable proof of this ever happening.

I never experienced it and never heard about it happening pre and post LFG in WoW.

This is a straw man argument that doesn't hold any water once you peel back the emotions. There is no good reason to not have a cross server LFG tool. Everyone that I know from WoW that was there pre and post, loved the change. Ate it up... but then we all turned in to selfish ninja b***s that cursed everyone and kicked our friends from runs too... J/K!
My epiphany about End Game in SWTOR!

chaosdefined's Avatar


chaosdefined
03.07.2012 , 06:48 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Suriken View Post
Lol you need to do your research, you realize what time it is now say in london right? Most of europe is in the middle of their work/school day right now. That's why they are light or standard.

#fail
So nice of you to provide a mature response.

Check those servers again at peak times then. You'll find there's not a whole lot of difference.

But my point remains, there are too many servers with the playerbase spread amongst them. Bioware should merge together a good amount of them in order to bulk up the population on servers so that there isn't a need for a Cross-Server LFD Tool.

Workerdrone's Avatar


Workerdrone
03.07.2012 , 06:48 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Suriken View Post
Lol you need to do your research, you realize what time it is now say in london right? Most of europe is in the middle of their work/school day right now. That's why they are light or standard.

#fail
My EU server was heavy/full during the first month, it now barely hits standard during EU prime time.

ferroz's Avatar


ferroz
03.07.2012 , 06:49 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Suriken View Post
They are implementing a single server LFG for flashpoints, no cross.

Source:

Guild Summit.


/thread
rift was only going to have a single server lfg tool

<thread=open>

IIII-IIII-IIII's Avatar


IIII-IIII-IIII
03.07.2012 , 06:54 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Meldwyn View Post
This is a straw man argument that doesn't hold any water once you peel back the emotions. There is no good reason to not have a cross server LFG tool.
I'll trust their data proves otherwise to your personal opinion.
Quote: Originally Posted by Meldwyn View Post
Everyone that I know from WoW that was there pre and post, loved the change.
Well then it MUST be so. Talk about straw man arguments.
.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Meldwyn's Avatar


Meldwyn
03.07.2012 , 06:57 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by IIII-IIII-IIII View Post
I'll trust their data proves otherwise to your personal opinion.

Well then it MUST be so. Talk about straw man arguments.
What data is that?

Were you there for the pre and post implementation in WoW? Were you the kindest of people in pre-LFG and then turned in to a total moron to others afterward?

Seriously, it doesn't even make sense, its not logical! Unless it causes brain damage that changes everyone's personalities...
My epiphany about End Game in SWTOR!

IIII-IIII-IIII's Avatar


IIII-IIII-IIII
03.07.2012 , 06:59 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Meldwyn View Post
What data is that?
This was a business decision that effects its consumer base. If you think they made it on a whim, I have a bridge to sell you.

It's like you said, "once you peel back the emotions." there was obviously merit in favor of their choice.
.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination