Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MUFanatic
02.11.2012 , 12:06 PM | #1
I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

Yvin
02.20.2012 , 09:13 PM | #2
Greetings folks!

The previous version of this thread has reached 1,000 posts and we've recreated it for continued discussion.

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:
  • Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Please see the following threads for similar discussions:

Thank you!

Touchbass
02.20.2012 , 09:34 PM | #3
+1 For X-LFD
Our lack of a proper LFD tool will black out the sun!
Then we shall cancel our subs in the shade!

Diet-Hutt
02.20.2012 , 09:39 PM | #4
Cross Server LFG Tool.

One of the things on my "Most Anticipated" list.

The community will survive...or is it that fragile that people spamming for groups in a channel actually getting one ends up wrecking the place?

- DH

Matte_Black
02.20.2012 , 09:39 PM | #5
Tagging in to reiterate my opposition to the addition of cross-server grouping.
"I really wanted to bring in the three BioWare pillars to the online space. Those are represented by story, by the player's choice in story, and by characters. Those are the three big things that I felt weren't really well represented in the MMO space." - James Ohlen

Chessrook
02.20.2012 , 09:40 PM | #6
Yanno, I once asked a friend of me who has played WoW for years if the LFG tool really did kill the community like everyone said. His response was "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What community?!"

I think that says everything.

Uruare
02.20.2012 , 09:42 PM | #7
Still firm in my position that cross server LFG tools for dungeons and operations does nothing to harm healthy communities and, at worst, only removes illusions of power from abusive server populations.
I'm the casual gamer with more money than time to burn. Loath me for it if you like.

Forum Moderators, I dedicate this to you. You poor, underappreciated sods.

Touchbass
02.20.2012 , 09:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Uruare View Post
Still firm in my position that cross server LFG tools for dungeons and operations does nothing to harm healthy communities and, at worst, only removes illusions of power from abusive server populations.
I'm already seeing "LF Tank for Heroic X, must be geared, quick good run". Gotta love a ladder run gear progressions system when the communities don't let people progress up it.
Our lack of a proper LFD tool will black out the sun!
Then we shall cancel our subs in the shade!

romandaemon
02.20.2012 , 09:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chessrook View Post
Yanno, I once asked a friend of me who has played WoW for years if the LFG tool really did kill the community like everyone said. His response was "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What community?!"

I think that says everything.
That is exactly what i dont understand......exactly HOW will it kill the community? Not being able to add to your ignore list? Why does it matter...I simply don't understand how spamming General chat is a better community then just clicking a button and going to smash things into oblivion for fun....
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Uruare
02.20.2012 , 09:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Touchbass View Post
I'm already seeing "LF Tank for Heroic X, must be geared, quick good run". Gotta love a ladder run gear progressions system when the communities don't let people progress up it.
Just wait till we start seeing the main bodies of raid guilds recruiting only their friends or geared referrals that've applied on their guild forum, gone through whatever interview process the guild administrative body thinks is good and calling for pugs in general gets you pilloried for a half hour.

Ahh, the good* ol' days.

*: terrible
I'm the casual gamer with more money than time to burn. Loath me for it if you like.

Forum Moderators, I dedicate this to you. You poor, underappreciated sods.