Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revenge of the Sith. What for who?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revenge of the Sith. What for who?

TheHiddey
02.21.2012 , 05:22 AM | #11
Thanks for replying, all.

Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post

I mean, how else do you go from 1000s of Sith in TOR, to 2 at a time in the Prequels?
Well, seeing how they are trying their very best to murder eachother in TOR...
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post

Just need to piece them together and you will see there was a massive battle between the Sith/Jedi that ended with the Sith being wiped out BBY 1000. There prolly more quotes im missing though
You make a good point here. I was expecting a concluding explanation in a scene somewhere, or else in a book or videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gabrielnz View Post

Would love someone of Clancys calibre to write a Star Wars novel.
How about Dan Abnett?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe View Post
Did you know Shepherd flies an X-Wing, and destroys Cybertron?

DigiFluid
02.21.2012 , 06:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jannickj View Post
there! RIGHT THERE! "thought bomb".... thats why the only EU i need is what GL and Bioware tells me -.-
Quote: Originally Posted by Gabrielnz View Post
Agreed, I was going to read those novels until that was mentioned.
Dumb name, not a dumb concept. And the reason for the existence of the Valley of the Jedi come Jedi Knight/Jedi Outcast.

But in a world of "Millennium Falcons" (seriously, what kind of name is that?) and laser swords, that ranks pretty high on the dumb reasons to avoid something.
aka Arkajos, Sith Juggernaut on Assassins of Sion
aka Falkett, Jedi Sentinel on Wall of Light

Ichijin
02.21.2012 , 06:48 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
Dumb name, not a dumb concept. And the reason for the existence of the Valley of the Jedi come Jedi Knight/Jedi Outcast.

But in a world of "Millennium Falcons" (seriously, what kind of name is that?) and laser swords, that ranks pretty high on the dumb reasons to avoid something.
Plasma swords*

Rayla_Felana
02.21.2012 , 07:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ichijin View Post
Plasma swords*
Lucas calls Lightsabers 'laser swords' every single time.

psandak
02.21.2012 , 09:06 AM | #15
The original title for Episode six was "Revenge of the Jedi". However, at the last minute George Lucas decided that Jedi would never seek revenge and therefore changed the title to "Return of the Jedi" As a matter of fact, merchandizing materials had already been distributed with the "Revenge of the Jedi" (One of my childhood friends, actually got a single subject spiral notebook with "Revenge of the Jed" on the cover.

So, when Episode three was being made, Lucas decided that Sith could and do take revenge and therefore named the episode "Revenge of the Sith"

Nuff Said.

Lightmaguz
02.21.2012 , 09:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post

that, the battle for ruusan comic and all of Dark Horse material is actually above much of what George Lucas told you in the prequels... It ranks pretty high in general.

Not to forget all of KOTOR is based on Tales of the Jedi, a comic by the same guys(probably not the same writer but you get the gist of it.)

Quote: Originally Posted by jannickj View Post
not to mention palpatine cheating death by going "the exorcist" on clone bodies-.-

Then stop with tor now, Emperor Vitiate does practically the same.

karnyboy
02.21.2012 , 10:15 AM | #17
Good old George Lucas trying to fill in the blanks by making us buy all his dam merchandise. SImeple problems could have been avoided by him explaining a bit of these new concepts to us a little in the prequels.

midi-chlorians, needed a better explanation after that they make sense

Sith extermination, a little bit more detail

Why their technology gets "worse" as the movies continue the saga into the original

Small details that he totally overlooked because he assumed many of the SW base read the books and every other detail.

Restepor
02.21.2012 , 10:19 AM | #18
The Jedi prosecute the Sith at every turn, they are only now wiping them out.

Darth_Malevolent
02.21.2012 , 10:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
The fact that the Sith were exterminated by the Jedi.

I mean, how else do you go from 1000s of Sith in TOR, to 2 at a time in the Prequels?
Think the point was, for ppl who simply watched the films, ignored the books (if it's a properly constructed movie, wouldn't need to read the lore to understand the meaning) wouldn't know why the Sith want Revenge, because it was never explained in the movies
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

kirorx
02.21.2012 , 11:37 AM | #20
You can read into it, but i think:

"Return of the Jedi" was supposed to be named "Revenge of the Jedi", which made sense but got canned because it did not coincide with Jedi beliefs.

So "Revenge of the SITH" is basically paying homage to the completion of the original trilogy.