Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best in slot implants/earring (Jugg Tank)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Best in slot implants/earring (Jugg Tank)

MykalDay
02.20.2012 , 08:07 PM | #1
Like the little say I'm curious about implants and earrings. My situation is this: Jugg tank and I have columi warleader implants and earring currently and enough daily commendations to buy rakata.

Are the BoE mastercraft non-set versions better? (non-tionese/columi, rakata) If so what name as there are many.
Spreading Sithilis
...one Twilek dancing girl at a time...

Dacadus
02.21.2012 , 12:14 AM | #2
The critted Columi War Leader Implants/Ears with augment slots are BiS currently.
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina
www.nerfed-guild.enjin.com

IamDonkey
02.21.2012 , 06:12 AM | #3
I disagree. I think that Veracity Nano-Optic Reaction Implant [Mastercraft] are better then columni. Columni has surge on if I am not mistaken which is useless. Columni ones with an augment are more or less even with Rakata ones. ( I use Rakkata ones only on specific encounters, like SOA on nigmtmare mode when high endurance pool is good to have ). Otherwise I use Veracity implants which give you loads of avoidance and mitigation ( depending on your augmenting ).
Anything you can do, you can do better! Ergo: Nothing you do is good enough!

gramz
02.21.2012 , 09:22 AM | #4
I'm currently using the augmented columi warleader stuff, the rakata ones just give too much accuracy.

Dacadus
02.21.2012 , 10:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IamDonkey View Post
I disagree. I think that Veracity Nano-Optic Reaction Implant [Mastercraft] are better then columni. Columni has surge on if I am not mistaken which is useless. Columni ones with an augment are more or less even with Rakata ones. ( I use Rakkata ones only on specific encounters, like SOA on nigmtmare mode when high endurance pool is good to have ). Otherwise I use Veracity implants which give you loads of avoidance and mitigation ( depending on your augmenting ).
The critted Tionese could even be considered better than both honestly but it all boils down to how many pieces with augment slots do you have and whether or not you want the higher hp pool (it's all personal preference really).

If you have solid secondary stats and want a higher hp pool go with Columi. If you need the secondary stats go with Tionese (nano is ok but no where near close to being considered BiS).
GM of Nerfed
Dreshdae Cantina
www.nerfed-guild.enjin.com

Dracosz
02.21.2012 , 12:41 PM | #6
Critted columi are the best, by far.

IamDonkey
02.21.2012 , 01:09 PM | #7
I still disagree mate. Lets break it down for the sake of the argument.

Veracity Nano-Optic Reaction Implant (Mastercraft): 45 Strength, 72 Endurance, 40 shield, 27 Accuracy and 60 defense rating + Augment slot.

Columni War Leaders implant (Mastercraft): 72 Strenght, 111 Endurance, 45, Surge, 34 defense + Augment slot.

Difference:
-27 Strength ( Offensive stat )
-39 Endurance ( Defensive stat )
-45 Surge ( Offensive stat )
+27 Accuracy ( Offensive stat )
+40 Shield rating ( Defensive stat )
+26 Defense ( Defensive stat )
Both have Augment slot

Assuming entire raid gear is nearly full if not full Rakkata you should be able to have a stable aggro on every fight and the raid does produce sufficient dmg without this affecting the enrage timers in any way.

Meaning you can disregard all offensive stats. This leaves you with 39 endurance vs 40 Shield rating and 26 Defense. While stacking endurance is good for every tank, I feel that once you are about 20 k un-buffed those 39 Endurance wont make much difference in most fights and 40 Shield rating and 26 Defense out weight 39 endurance. If you do the math over longer period of time you will receive less dmg then benefit from that 39 Endurance per implant.

However there is like 3 fights in game where having higher endurance benefits more, it's bosses who hit slow and for a lot of dmg and bosses who have short enrage timers that produce high dmg in short period of time. Meaning 1 and 3ed boss in Karagga's palace and SOA due to lightning balls ( as you need to soak your ball + take constant dmg from boss, meaning you can get hit for quite a lot at the same time).

However comparing Columni to Rakkata I do agree that Columni is better, but if you use it for sake of endurance I'd say they are more or less close (and please don't underestimate accuracy over surge). Tionese is simply bad, not sure why you mentioned it, just compair it with Rakkata and you'll see that even with augment slot it's worse.

And please use a constructive answer, claiming that something is better without any arguments is pointless.

Adidasfreek
02.21.2012 , 01:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by IamDonkey View Post
I still disagree mate. Lets break it down for the sake of the argument.

Veracity Nano-Optic Reaction Implant (Mastercraft): 45 Strength, 72 Endurance, 40 shield, 27 Accuracy and 60 defense rating + Augment slot.

Columni War Leaders implant (Mastercraft): 72 Strenght, 111 Endurance, 45, Surge, 34 defense + Augment slot.

Difference:
-27 Strength ( Offensive stat )
-39 Endurance ( Defensive stat )
-45 Surge ( Offensive stat )
+27 Accuracy ( Offensive stat )
+40 Shield rating ( Defensive stat )
+26 Defense ( Defensive stat )
Both have Augment slot

Assuming entire raid gear is nearly full if not full Rakkata you should be able to have a stable aggro on every fight and the raid does produce sufficient dmg without this affecting the enrage timers in any way.

Meaning you can disregard all offensive stats. This leaves you with 39 endurance vs 40 Shield rating and 26 Defense. While stacking endurance is good for every tank, I feel that once you are about 20 k un-buffed those 39 Endurance wont make much difference in most fights and 40 Shield rating and 26 Defense out weight 39 endurance. If you do the math over longer period of time you will receive less dmg then benefit from that 39 Endurance per implant.

However there is like 3 fights in game where having higher endurance benefits more, it's bosses who hit slow and for a lot of dmg. Meaning 1 and 3ed boss in Karagga's palace and SOA due to lightning balls ( as you need to soak your ball + take constant dmg from boss, meaning you can get hit for quite a lot at the same time).

However comparing Columni to Rakkata I do agree that Columni is better, but if you use it for sake of endurance I'd say they are more or less close. Tionese is simply bad, not sure why you mentioned it, just compair it with Rakkata and you'll see that even with augment slot it's worse.

And please use a constructive answer, claiming that something is better without any arguments is pointless.

What did you recommend putting in the augmented slot of those columi's Donkey?

IamDonkey
02.21.2012 , 01:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Adidasfreek View Post
That really depends on your current stats due to diminishing returns ( there's a really great thread on Sith warrior forums about that ). I'd say if you are nearly full Rakkata you'd probably want to use +28 shield absorb for them.

Kenegdo
02.21.2012 , 01:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Adidasfreek View Post
There is a nice spread sheet on sithwarrior.com that breaks down tank survivability. In it it parses incoming damage and quantifies that as squishiness. IE the more damage that actually gets received the squishier you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...S&pli=1#gid=15

While that spreadsheet is a little complicated it does clearly show that until your defense rating gets up to 600+ you should focus entirely on stacking defense. After that you slowly integrate a mixture of shield and absorb (with absorb being preferred).

Obviously that is not the end-all be-all answer. The spreadsheet doesn't address endurance in the scheme of priority and it is dealing solely with absolute numbers of damage taken and doesn't consider dps vs. spike dmg (high spike dmg being very dangerous). However, it does give you a solid baseline about the dominance of the defense statistic in jug tanking.
The Forsaken
KENEGDO Juggernaut Class Officer