Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem with Account Product Code

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problem with Account Product Code
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rastama
12.15.2011 , 10:09 PM | #11
Yup, U're right. And I guess we all bought it from the same source

MariusN
12.15.2011 , 10:12 PM | #12
I believe the source you preordered from is supposed to be emailing you a PRODUCT code (NOT preorder code) starting december 16th.

I am however. not 100% about this.

JCinTX
12.15.2011 , 10:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by L1-F9 View Post

Hello Anjelwynne,

I think there is some confusion here between the pre-order code and the product registration key.

You will get a product registration key with the physical copy of the game at launch. This is the key you will need to enter to continue playing after December 20th and to set up your prescription.

I hope this helps.
Prescription?...It is a subscription and I have pre-ordered the CE and registered my pre-order code for the stress test weekend. Now since you reset the account questions I cannot access the game due to my code being in use? Little help please. Thanks for the awesome support too....

DimitriM
12.15.2011 , 10:15 PM | #14
Well I'm hoping to find out whats going on. I'm still trying to call Customer Support. If a BioWare rep doesn't respond to this thread again I'll let you guys know if I find anything new...

I work part time in customer service as well for a different company though haha so I can imagine what it must be like for them right now. I'll give them a break

DimitriM
12.15.2011 , 10:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JCinTX View Post
Prescription?...It is a subscription and I have pre-ordered the CE and registered my pre-order code for the stress test weekend. Now since you reset the account questions I cannot access the game due to my code being in use? Little help please. Thanks for the awesome support too....
Cut them some slack, its just spelling. I can imagine how busy they would be right now.

Scarrita
12.15.2011 , 10:22 PM | #16
Anyone that bought the game through Origin will be getting their registration key emailed to them on the 16th. The number you were given when you purchased the game through Origin was the PRE ORDER code, not the registration code.

EA/Bioware has done a PISS POOR job explaining the process of how this was being done. IMO.

DimitriM
12.15.2011 , 10:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Scarrita View Post
Anyone that bought the game through Origin will be getting their registration key emailed to them on the 16th. The number you were given when you purchased the game through Origin was the PRE ORDER code, not the registration code.

EA/Bioware has done a PISS POOR job explaining the process of how this was being done. IMO.
Thank you for the info.
GEE I WISH SWTOR WAS ON STEAM AND NOT ORIGIN.

Ratae
12.15.2011 , 10:25 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hello,

The registration keys for the digital version of the game from Origin will be emailed separately.

Anjelwynne / JCinTX - apologies for the typing error. Of course, I meant subscription. I do know the difference!

Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Rastama
12.15.2011 , 10:38 PM | #19
OK let's w8 16th of December email than if I get it right.

ChrisKader
12.15.2011 , 10:45 PM | #20
Please disregard my post. I feel like an idiot. If you read the first paragraph on the account summary page, it clearly states:

Quote:
If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!
Thanks,

Chris Kader
Contact info is on my account