Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting Owned

Newfy
02.20.2012 , 01:56 PM | #1
need some help.

new to level 50 just 2nd day. but i went from finishing top 3 evey match in pvp to getting completely owned. i already had 5 bags built up so i have 3 pieces of centurian and champion armor.

i am litterally dying in 3 hits from enemy and im only htting for 86 to 600, and thats 600 with a critical hit.

i am a jedi sage with an all damge tree, i have 31 points all in balance(damage) side and 2 in telekinetics for extra force, all the rest is in healing.

my primary damage is 341-477
bonus damage is 70.1
crit chance is 18.53
crit multiplyer is 66.78
health is 13050
armor rating 2222
dmg reduction 19.06
defense chance is 11.86

now my other stats are:

strength: 166
presence 239
Aim 71
cunning 71
Endurance 1055
willpower 1015
expertise 259

all my gear is purple or orange, and the orange has all level 50 purple mods

any and all advise would be greatly appreciated. beacause as of right now pvp totally sucks for me. im dying more than im killing.

Grubfist
02.20.2012 , 01:57 PM | #2
You're a support dps. Never get near the front lines, whittle enemies down with DoTs.

Also, put your subspe in tlekinetics, not Seer. grab some nice damage and DoT bonuses

SirGradivus
02.20.2012 , 02:00 PM | #3
You answered your own question...You're Republic. By the very design of the game you are suppose to die in 3 hits or less. This game was designed for imps not Republic. So suck it up and take it.

Ruuprect
02.20.2012 , 02:00 PM | #4
I would switch to a 0/13/28 build. you have too many points in the healing tree. Also change the dropdown box to force for your stats as what you have in your post does not seem right. I think you are looking at your melee stats.
Ruprect
Level 50 Sage
Jedi Covenant

Scoobings
02.20.2012 , 02:02 PM | #5
I'm not sure what you've done, if you really actually truly are in all purple modded orange gear, but your bonus damage is really low....

Someone else back me up, because I can't load my game right now, but 70 seems really, really, really low for someone not in greens.

You sure you're not pulling our legs a little bit?
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

Jamuro
02.20.2012 , 02:02 PM | #6
you have to realize that you play now against equal or higher geared palyers ... no more free kills from people in their low 20s who don't even have half of their skills and don't have a rotation and experience.

Stand back ... focus on the ones your team is hitting and avoid attention.
Also as a sage ... live with it ... you will die ... A LOT!

People know that you can do insane damage or are probably a healer ... so they will zerg you
and once they know that they can finish you they will seek you out and zerg you even more

Just learn where and how to hide, watch out where the enemy is and run away before you get attention.
Learn escape routes and perfection them ... well that's it

You will see ... it will help ... and on the other hand be happy about deaths ... you regain all your force ^^

Edit: oh and be picky about your targets ... seek out squishies and people who don't have a dark red/bule glowie stick^^

Scoobings
02.20.2012 , 02:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SirGradivus View Post
You answered your own question...You're Republic. By the very design of the game you are suppose to die in 3 hits or less. This game was designed for imps not Republic. So suck it up and take it.
Somehow we've gon from a half second delay on damage from one move to dieing in 3 hits.
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

Daeborn
02.20.2012 , 02:03 PM | #8
You will be getting hurt for a little while until you gear up. It takes time but don't give up. Sage's are very useful. Get your centurion gear and build up your champ gear slowly. The bonuses makes all the diff.

Grubfist
02.20.2012 , 02:05 PM | #9
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600ZfcMZcMfRsMkrfz.1

try this for pure balance build (if you don't want to hybrid)

Daeborn
02.20.2012 , 02:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamuro View Post
Stand back ... focus on the ones your team is hitting and avoid attention.
Also as a sage ... live with it ... you will die ... A LOT!
And that. You have a target on your back just being that class.