Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does gear even matter in warzones 10 - 49??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Does gear even matter in warzones 10 - 49??

DarthWomprat
02.20.2012 , 01:27 PM | #1
Seems as if it doesn't? As there are no expertise items I can think of that are pre-level 50, doesn't this just seem dumb?
"If Alderran were death starred right now, only hundreds of voices would cry out" - Lord Zalkido

Sabbathius
02.20.2012 , 01:29 PM | #2
It keeps things interesting. If gear had more of an impact, a level 49 would be untouchable for a level 10. Or at least more so than currently.

Also there ARE items with expertise below 50. I believe weapons, at the very least, have some expertise on them. Don't know what level, I think 38-42 or thereabouts and up. Not much, but they have some.

Apraxic
02.20.2012 , 01:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWomprat View Post
Seems as if it doesn't? As there are no expertise items I can think of that are pre-level 50, doesn't this just seem dumb?

no, but the boost you get takes into account your stats vs your current level and then boost them to 50. for instance, a 20 lvl player with full 20 lvl pvp gear will have better stats that a 49 lvl player with lvl 45 gear.

Fidopro
02.20.2012 , 01:33 PM | #4
not anywhere as much as the 50 bracket

the big difference maker is talents...a lvl 40 has many more abilities which is just as bad

Nakazia
02.20.2012 , 01:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWomprat View Post
There are a few weapons you can buy pre-50 with expertise. But really, it's not going to make much if any difference.

DarthWomprat
02.20.2012 , 01:41 PM | #6
Just for the record, it isn't QQ at all. I do just fine with my 23 sniper. It just seems odd that I should have the same type of stats as a level 45 and be able to potentially kill them when they've worked harder (cough, in some cases) and longer than I have.
"If Alderran were death starred right now, only hundreds of voices would cry out" - Lord Zalkido