Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warriors Ballcarrying..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sith Warriors Ballcarrying..

Forthehonor
02.20.2012 , 01:00 PM | #1
Am i the only one that thinks the amount of mobility a sith warrior has is ridiculous? Especially Sith Maruders.. Marauders Have force charge, intercede, obliterate(if rage spec) and even a 50% movement speed party sprint (predation). I just personally think this amount of mobility isn't balanced, just had a Hutball match where there was a 2 man premade on the enemy team a sith maruder building tanky, and a sith sorceror: The sorceror sprinter in took hutball waited a few secs with it and proceeded to throw it to the maruder on the bridge, sure that's fairly balanced, its teamwork, but then the maruder proceded to sprint trough one fire force charge to the next, and sprint trough the second as well i would estimate it took him around 10-15 secs to score.

TL;DR Sith maruder's ballcarrying kit/mobility is op..

Skjoldr
02.20.2012 , 01:01 PM | #2
Foolish mortal, slow them and save your knockbacks for when they charge to you. Easy prey.

JustinxDuff
02.20.2012 , 01:02 PM | #3
You do realize that Sentinels are identical right?
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

HBninjaX
02.20.2012 , 01:03 PM | #4
you can't be serious

we're a mediocre ball runner at best

look at inquisitors/sages and tell us all with a straight face that we are even close to being as good as them

predation is the only thing we really bring to the table, with the lucky force leap here and there

Rheeling
02.20.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
I don't really know how "tanky" a Marauder can get, but we do have great CD's if we choose to blow them all for a score.

Also, many people consider Sorcs mobility in Huttball OP.

And soon, people will start seeing GOOD Assassins carrying the ball, and will say they are also OP.

Though I think everything is fine the way it is if you anticipate moves instead of just blowing CC's as soon as you have a LoS.
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashface View Post
I imagine they pulled them from actual server data, as opposed to your source, which appears to be your arse.

Evesore
02.20.2012 , 01:06 PM | #6
If you are having trouble with maraduers carrying the ball you are very, very, very bad.

Force push/pull is the most powerful type of ability in hutt ball and marauders don't have that.

Scoobings
02.20.2012 , 01:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HBninjaX View Post
you can't be serious

we're a mediocre ball runner at best

look at inquisitors/sages and tell us all with a straight face that we are even close to being as good as them

predation is the only thing we really bring to the table, with the lucky force leap here and there
This is why I don't get why people complain about charge but think force speed is fine.

Charge capitalizes on YOUR mistake and they can only go where YOU allow them to go.

Force speed is 2 seconds of open season snare/root immunity going wherever you want.
- Kaeljen, 50 Powertech - Mal'Shek, 50 Juggernaut
- Adien, 50 Assassin - Jest, 50 Sniper
- Kijaar, 15 Sentinel

Menzoberanza
02.20.2012 , 01:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Forthehonor View Post
Am i the only one that thinks the amount of mobility a sith warrior has is redicilous? Especially Sith Maruders.. Marauders Have force charge, intercede, obliterate(if rage spec) and even a 50% movement speed party sprint (predation). I just personally think this amount of mobility isn't balanced, just had a Hutball match where there was a 2 man premade on the enemy team a sith maruder building tanky, and a sith sorceror: The sorceror sprinter in took hutball waited a few secs with it and proceeded to throw it to the maruder on the bridge, sure that's fairly balanced, its teamwork, but then the maruder proceded to sprint trough one fire force charge to the next, and sprint trough the second as well i would estimate it took him around 10-15 secs to score.

TL;DR Sith maruder's ballcarrying kit/mobility is op..

Intercede is Juggernaut skill ...

And yeah Me as juggernaut I can score ball in 6 sec .. .if Im playing vs srcub team without Idea how to counter me ...

intercede or get pulled my Sorc(to friendly on ramp) -->> charge noob on ramp -->> force push that noob ----> charge him again --->> and Score ...

It's working as it should ... if people in your team have no clue how to position them self to counter Jugger or Mara then sorry ... NOTHING will help you
R.I.P. .

karnyboy
02.20.2012 , 01:08 PM | #9
I'd have to agree with the others, a Marauder/Sentinel is not a prime choice for a ball carrier, that being said we're not horrible either if we have nothign on cool down.

However, once we use our CC breaker it's down hill from there. You can't pass the ball when stunned, you can't move, you are very susceptible to grabs and knock backs.

Life sucks if you can't move as a Marauder/Sentinel so there in itself is the answer as to why we have many "keep moving" abilities.

Newbrax
02.20.2012 , 01:10 PM | #10
lol "redicilous", it even has red squiggly lines under it to tell you that you butchered the word.
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead. Only the strong survive.