Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is expertise worth it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is expertise worth it?

somnang
02.20.2012 , 02:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Oghier View Post
Comparisons, limited to PvP considerations:

- Lethality is slightly better at healing others, while Concealment is moderately better at healing yourself (Lethality vs Survival Training).

- Concealment build has permanent 15% in-combat speed boost; Lethality has a four-second 30% sprint attached to a reduced cooldown Debilitate.

- Lethality build has noticeably better energy regeneration, while Concealment has noticeably better health regen (Combat Stims vs Revitalizers).

- Lethality build does a LOT more damage overall, but it's DoT damage, so it's far less bursty and not as good at one-on-ones as the Concealment build.

- Lethality build does most of its damage at range. Can help you stay out of trouble.

- You've boosted Backstab to be much better. I've boosted Corrosive Dart (see above)

- Lethality has a 21-second AoE DoT on a short cooldown. Good luck capping a node if I'm within 30 meters

That covers the essentials. I have tried both builds (extensively), and they're both far better than any 31-pt Medicine build in PvP. The thing I miss most from yours is the speed increase from Infiltrator. That's a big deal. But the increased energy regen and the cap-prevention from the Lethality build give it the edge for me.
Thanks for the in-depth comparison! I'll give the 13pt Lethality a try. The 2 things that stands out for me with Lethality is short cool down on Stim boost and the 21sec dot (very crucial for stopping multiple enemies from capping)

somnang
02.20.2012 , 02:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamuro View Post
get expertise until you reach the 10% mark ... from then on you need just insane amounts of expertise to benefit (still can be usefull if you tend to use the pvp adrenal)

I would say go at least 2 set items rataka, the other stuff bm and switch some bm mods for rataka ones ... depending on which stat you prefer
Thanks, I'll tinkering around with my gear setups.

Albaatros
02.20.2012 , 02:30 PM | #13
Its not. 2 crafted rakata relics with augments slot, crafted rakata belt/bracer with augment slot, crafted columni implants/earring with augments slot. and rest rakata beats any BM.

Jamuro
02.20.2012 , 02:34 PM | #14
did i miss something ... because i think the rakata relics and earpiece things are bound on the crafting proffession ... right?

is it possible to equipt the crafted stuff and switch proff or how do you plan on getting them?