Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

75k to 300k...


ForceWelder's Avatar


ForceWelder
02.20.2012 , 11:52 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by bicuspid View Post
look at yourself. i run a premade with a healer, whom receives virtually no protection on our end other than taunts/intercedes when they're up. most imps we play, and all the decent imp premades, know he heals and are on his *** like white on bread as soon as they see us. he knows how to line of sight, he knows how to use his knockback and speed bursts, he knows how to kite, and he has NEVER gotten less than 300k healing ever since he got rid of his greens. and like i said he dies probably 10 times a game because we don't do anything special for him usually and everyone knows he's a healer


all the healers in this game have at least as many tools as healers have in other games, if not more.
Speed burst? Kiting?

I play as a Merc Healer. I can't kite because I have to be stationary to heal. I have no speed burst. My only escape is a single knockback (that does limited damage and does nothing to prevent range attacks), a short stun, and a bubble that reduces my damage for 25% for 12 secs.

When I take damage my movement is slowed. When I am healing my movement is slowed because the people I heal are in combat so thus so am I. Once a range player has me in their sights there is nothing I can do to get out of trouble but break line of sight. And odds are once on me, the player or players who are attacking me continue to do so.

Merc healers are not sages / sorcerors. They were given heavy armor and thus were deny access to a number of escape tools that the lighter armor classes were given. The Mercs are stationary healers. Because they were given heavy armor, they are expected to be able to take a few hits. Unfortunately, that works well in PVE, but doesn't work so well against burst damage classes.

Since you didn't even bother to ask which healer class I play, how about you roll a Merc Healer and then get back to me. Maybe then we can have an adult conversation without you making false assumptions.
Want to subscribe or re-subscribe to SWTOR?
Get more with your return and click on the link below

Mcfondles's Avatar


Mcfondles
02.20.2012 , 11:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by bicuspid View Post
if you're having problems getting 300k heals or dps at 50, with gear, then you're bad
I'm level 25.. Who said anything about 50?

Way to stick it to me though.. lol

Complecs's Avatar


Complecs
02.20.2012 , 12:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceWelder View Post
Speed burst? Kiting?

I play as a Merc Healer. I can't kite because I have to be stationary to heal. I have no speed burst. My only escape is a single knockback (that does limited damage and does nothing to prevent range attacks), a short stun, and a bubble that reduces my damage for 25% for 12 secs.

When I take damage my movement is slowed. When I am healing my movement is slowed because the people I heal are in combat so thus so am I. Once a range player has me in their sights there is nothing I can do to get out of trouble but break line of sight. And odds are once on me, the player or players who are attacking me continue to do so.

Merc healers are not sages / sorcerors. They were given heavy armor and thus were deny access to a number of escape tools that the lighter armor classes were given. The Mercs are stationary healers. Because they were given heavy armor, they are expected to be able to take a few hits. Unfortunately, that works well in PVE, but doesn't work so well against burst damage classes.

Since you didn't even bother to ask which healer class I play, how about you roll a Merc Healer and then get back to me. Maybe then we can have an adult conversation without you making false assumptions.
Now see that makes sense, it's not easy healing as a merc/commando. But you would be surprised how much less damage you take than myself as a sage. My sentinel friend hits my other commando heals friend for 3300 with his biggest crit, that biggest crit on me is 4700. We're all fully geared, and thats a massive damage difference.

Nakazia's Avatar


Nakazia
02.20.2012 , 12:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcfondles View Post
I'm level 25.. Who said anything about 50?
Hopefully when PvP changes hit, there will be a change to the medal system too.

It's ridiculous that a class can get more medals from guarding a healer, than a healer can get from genuinely healing everyone in an entire match.

It only feels like even more of an injustice at 50 btw.

gabriong's Avatar


gabriong
02.20.2012 , 12:05 PM | #25
I really hope you're low level. And not just sub 50...41 on is so easy to get 300k (unless guarding a node in the civil war) that it's ridiculous.

I was getting 300k long before I was able to get the 5k single heal medal, so it's not a matter of great gear either. Heck I spent a good chunk of my time at 50 as DPS and my first awesome after switching back to heals (at which point I had all centurion gear with two champ pieces...again not great gear) I put out 670k in voidstar.

What you should be asking for is medals for 500k and 750k. Or don't heal if you don't want to/aren't good at it.

Dzhokhar's Avatar


Dzhokhar
02.20.2012 , 12:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcfondles View Post
I'm level 25.. Who said anything about 50?

Way to stick it to me though.. lol
Yeah. As a level 37 commando who only PvPs in PuGs, I'm usually around 100-150k healing and most of the time that's at least 25k more heals than anybody else in the match. The most I've ever seen by anyone in matches I've played is about 225k healing or 200k damage (combined, the best I've seen are people with about 150k of each).

skyflash's Avatar


skyflash
02.20.2012 , 12:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Boshlord View Post
Lol I get 300K healing and average 8 medals as a "healer" because medals are a joke in this game.
Yeah so?

I get 100K in healing and then 250K in DPS, and thats in a full healer specc.

So whats your point?

Its much easier to get 8 medals while doing DPS than pure healing.

Nakazia's Avatar


Nakazia
02.20.2012 , 12:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by gabriong View Post
What you should be asking for is medals for 500k and 750k. Or don't heal if you don't want to/aren't good at it.
So

2.5 k heal.... medal
5.0 k heal.... medal
75 k healing.... medal
300 k healing.... medal

That's only 4 medals for a healer, huttball is specifically harder to heal than the others and most people will find it harder to hit 300 k in it. I see alot of people hitting 12-16 medals.. and for a pure healing class, not mixing it up with dps that amount is impossible to achieve. I'm lucky if I can get a defender or a killing blow/10 kills medal to boost it to 6-7.. thats about tops for me tho.

I find the medal system extremely lacking for healers... it's a pretty thankless job usually and even more so when you realize that you're getting less medals than everyone else to boot.

DGolubets's Avatar


DGolubets
02.20.2012 , 12:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bicuspid View Post
if you're having problems getting 300k heals or dps at 50, with gear, then you're bad
As an operative I find your words offensive. To get 300k damage in champ gear I should try really really hard, screwing all objectives, screwing my team and just dpsing a first person I see.

Your words would be valid if corrected like "if you are missle spammer" or "if you are BM geared" .

bicuspid's Avatar


bicuspid
02.20.2012 , 01:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DGolubets View Post
As an operative I find your words offensive. To get 300k damage in champ gear I should try really really hard, screwing all objectives, screwing my team and just dpsing a first person I see.

Your words would be valid if corrected like "if you are missle spammer" or "if you are BM geared" .
bm gear might net you about 20k more damage, so if you're not close to 300 now you won't get there once you're in full bm either

i dont understand why you doing damage is excluse to things like objectives. once they are dead you can take the objective. its not like you have to break all cc's or wander around in the middle of nowhere to do your dps. there is practically no situation in the game where you cannot find someone to hit that would benefit your team