Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOA Nightmare - Sick of broken mechanics (Videos Included)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
SOA Nightmare - Sick of broken mechanics (Videos Included)

Iandayen
02.22.2012 , 01:56 PM | #21
Nothing about Soa is RNG (except the platform disappearing bug- that is def rng).

Quote:
Randomly drops aggro through phase 1 - 3 (Known issue to be fixed 1.1.4)

Kill this guy every week and the only time I've ever seen the agro dump is in p3 - never in p1 and p2 - that's just your tank being bad and losing agro most likely. And even in P3 it's not hard - wait for mind trap - taunt as soon as he changes direction - problem worked around.

Quote:
Lightning ball ticks for 3 times rather then once while impacting and/or after exploding.
Don't try to kite it - run directly into it then stop, don't run through it. Use shields and defensive cooldowns if you have it - and I run this on 16's where the lightning balls in nightmare will one shot you if you are under 17k health without a shield.

Quote:
Despawns around 10-15% and leaves everyone in combat, forcing you to exit area and reset.
Only does this when your tank is in mind trap - learn to have someone taunt and offtank until your tank is out - problem solved. Soa hits for crap, any dps with a taunt can easily tank him.

Quote:
Pyramids clearly landing on the boss but not breaking his shield.
While this does happen, and is annoying, it's not a design breaking or raid wiping encounter - even in enrage soa hits for crap, the only thing that does more damage is the pillar falling and hitting the ground - and nobody should be getting hit by that anyways. You have an unlimited amount of time to kill him in p3 - one pyramid not hitting shouldn't wipe your raid.

Quote:
Missing platforms while transitioning from phase 1 to phase 2.
Already conceded this annoying little feature.

Quote:
Mind Trap spawns right next to Lightning Balls so you take ticks of damage and die within the Mind Trap.
I have never seen anyone take ticks of lightning in mind trap - what I HAVE seen, is people take ticks of damage coming out of mind trap next to a lightning ball - move fast and you can live. Or have people pop lightning balls faster or control when you kill the mind traps so that a lightning ball isn't right next to it.

Quote:
Immediate cyclone straight after soaking a lightning ball and dying when landing, even though you used a medpac just in time to try and stay alive.
Sorc Pull ftw.

Tylerlee
02.22.2012 , 02:08 PM | #22
Experienced the Lightning Ball bug tonight, our first attempts on Soa NM. the first 2 times i got one on me it was fine, the third and foruth time, i took 2 ticks of the dmg, leaving me at <5% health, the last attempt, i got thrown into the air after taking 2 ticks, meaning instant death.
Darkstarz - [GoS]
Imperial Agent Sniper Rank 73
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)

Mysquine
02.22.2012 , 02:27 PM | #23
The best one we've had so far is one person gets thrown up just as the lightning balls spawn, so instead the other person gets both lightning balls. On Nightmare this is a suicide walk.

Xterminatz
02.22.2012 , 05:44 PM | #24
We're using Assassin tank for all our fights and having Jugg offtank when possible however our assassin tank seems to lose threat a fair bit.

Anyone had any issues with assassin threat? or maybe any advise I can give him to hold threat a bit better?
Follow your resident I.T geek and gaming enthusiast!
http://twitter.com/xterminatz || http://twitch.tv/xterminatz || http://youtube.com/xterminatz
Midian 16HM 4/4 Denova ~ http://www.midiangaming.com

Contricio
02.22.2012 , 09:11 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Xterminatz View Post
We're using Assassin tank for all our fights and having Jugg offtank when possible however our assassin tank seems to lose threat a fair bit.

Anyone had any issues with assassin threat? or maybe any advise I can give him to hold threat a bit better?
Our guild has been having a few issues with tank threat, especially with snipers pulling aggro. Make sure your dps are using their threat reductions on cooldown and funnel at the very least rakata weapons to your tanks. Tank gear matters A LOT for threat generation in this game, it's not like wow where you can stay 2x 2nd on threat with ease. Also prompt your tanks to try to being doing their rotation optimal at all times.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.