Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP level system.

Minovacy
02.20.2012 , 06:23 AM | #1
I am having a ball in PvP, but there are a few really annoying things left in the arenas that need addressed. The runspeed buff needs to be given at level 10 or stop letting anyone queue for warzones without it. A lot of people can play low levels effectively, but without runspeed even a master gamer is at a disadvantage.

You intentionally cripple a team without addressing this and it is one reason people will not play some maps. Anyone HAS to capitulate that you are at a disadvantage with 2 to 4 sub level 15's when you're playing a fully mobile opponent.

I'm looking forward to some coming changes also with ranked PvP even though I'm really curious how this will work. Cross-server queues will also breath a new life into the PvP arena.
Please....please don't take my stapler....

Dominion Elite Official Website
SWTOR Guild Site

MetleAntiga
02.20.2012 , 06:52 AM | #2
+1 for not letting Lower level than 14 into warzones, or Give sprint at level10 (which is the lowest you van queue for a warzone)

JaltuStele
02.20.2012 , 09:11 AM | #3
I'm levelling many alts, and when I get them in to their teens, I have no guilt queuing them for WZs. Need to start collecting those medallions. Of course, you'll get loads of elitist jerks telling me I shouldn't be here or where to go.

So Bioware should bring in brackets, just 2 more.

10-20
21-49
50s

Not going to hurt the queues and fights would be fairer. Cross-server queues would help.

Ochad
02.20.2012 , 09:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JaltuStele View Post
I'm levelling many alts, and when I get them in to their teens, I have no guilt queuing them for WZs. Need to start collecting those medallions. Of course, you'll get loads of elitist jerks telling me I shouldn't be here or where to go.

So Bioware should bring in brackets, just 2 more.

10-20
21-49
50s

Not going to hurt the queues and fights would be fairer. Cross-server queues would help.
It would hurt the queues. I'm level 34 and frequently it's a 5-10 min wait on Nadds Sarcophagus. That's an ok number but just so. That 10-14 level player is going to be 15 in no time PVPing. I'd rather have quicker queues.

100% on board with makeing run/sprint available at level 10.
"Android hell is a real place... and you will be sent there at the first sign of defiance"

patatt
02.20.2012 , 12:44 PM | #5
I personally see no real issue with allowing sprint to be available at level 10... It will make PvP more balanced and more fun for those lower levels, and it doesn't have a large effect on increasing the rate of how one levels, as someone can run through levels 10-14 pretty easily, I'd say probably an hour or two if you're working at it.

100% onboard. Anyone disagree? I'd love to hear some negative sideaffects, but I honestly don't think there are any...

Grubfist
02.20.2012 , 12:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MetleAntiga View Post
+1 for not letting Lower level than 14 into warzones, or Give sprint at level10 (which is the lowest you van queue for a warzone)
Incorporate it into Bolster?

I like pvping on my alts at level 10....can draw 3-4 people away from a base by acting like "oh noe ima squishie lvl 10 and those guys chasing meeee"

they all chase me away from the base and a stealther ninjas it.

savionen
02.20.2012 , 12:46 PM | #7
Sprint should really be available at 10 regardless. Having to walk through Dromund Kaas and Coruscant is terrible.

Spuck
02.20.2012 , 12:49 PM | #8
I pvp on all my characters as soon as they reach level 10. I would be q'ing at level 1 if they allowed me to. Making me wait until level 14 or 15 to pvp would discourage me lots more. I pvp "majority" of the time on my alts because... 1. I enjoy pvp and 2. It slows down the leveling process. Questing just makes those levels fly by at an alarming rate.

Mofotrey
02.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #9
It's 4 levels. It's not going to "cripple" teams to have a few level 12's running slower than everyone else any more than it is for the other team to have a few 49's running around with almost all of their abilities. It's not that huge a deal, really, so you gotta learn to live with it.
There are bigger issues than this, like fixing Illum.
Mitthrawnuruodo - 50 Mercenary - Prophecy of the Five
Abeloth - 19 Sith Sorcerer - Prophecy of the Five
Vestara'Khai - 5 Sith Warrior - Prophecy of the Five
Gnaos - 12 Guardian - Jedi Covenant

Nakazia
02.20.2012 , 01:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
Sprint should really be available at 10 regardless. Having to walk through Dromund Kaas and Coruscant is terrible.
^ this.