Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warning to new players - No 'cooldown period' when buying items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Warning to new players - No 'cooldown period' when buying items

Vitallius
12.21.2011 , 11:40 AM | #21
Rift has a cooldown like OP was saying. You can buy anything, walk away and as long as you don't enchant or equip the item you can get a refund for the full purchase price within a 30 minute window.

alteswaldtroll
12.21.2011 , 11:47 AM | #22
Thanks for the warning. I try to not be in the habit of clicking random crap on the screen unless I intend on doing something with it, though.

jafarali
12.21.2011 , 01:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Saone View Post
I did the same thing, ouch. Good thing it was the one I actually wanted!
Same here I was pissed.

-Swag
12.21.2011 , 01:42 PM | #24
I accidentally deleted an AH mail with 10k in it because I thought it was that stupid message that tells you you sold something and that you'll get the credits later.

Really wish they'd get rid of that. Keep the one hour delay if you want, but get rid of the message telling you about the message you're gonna get.

Oh, and putting the (too small) "Take all attachments from checked messages" button right next to the "Delete all checked messages" with no confirmation window? Not a good idea either.

This UI is as bad as a console port like FFXIV or Skyrim, though in different ways.

BigRedJedi
12.21.2011 , 01:43 PM | #25
Having a cooldown on 'everything' (like Rift) might be slightly over-the-top, but, at the least, having it so the vendor will take back items which were purchased in the current session (i.e. since the vendor window was opened and before it was closed) for their full purchase price, seems to make the most sense.

I know that there have been several instances where an errant click has cost me commendations (which are slightly harder to replace than credits), this would help to alleviate such situations.

-BRJ
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.
The Jedi Code (Based on the meditations of Odan-Urr)

Khri
12.24.2011 , 06:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JekRendar View Post
I've played nearly every triple A MMO since 2003 and have not heard of it.

Must of missed World of Warcraft then. It's there.

Rift also has it.

Mungo
12.24.2011 , 07:42 AM | #27
I made the same mistake and bought something for 5k credits wiped me out in a instant. But I didn't come here to cry about it. I set too and grinded that cash back again so from only having 250 creds to my name at level 10 after the mistake I now have 30k creds.

I put my energy into correcting my mistakes instead of moaning about it here. HTFU.
Quote:
"A man must always have the final choice in life and in death.
Anything else can be taken from him, but never that. "
Ghenghis Khan

GoldPush
12.24.2011 , 07:56 AM | #28
Wow does it for commendation type vendors.
Heroes of newerth/dota2 has a 15 second grace period where you can sell back items for full price (yes I am aware they are not mmos)