Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plea to Dev's: Don't make 16's easier than 8's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Plea to Dev's: Don't make 16's easier than 8's

Kibaken
02.20.2012 , 03:17 AM | #11
I do hope they're aware this will hurt the game more than almost everything they've done to it so far.

Appealing to the more casual population with a subscription based model is not how to do it; there's going to be absolutely no competitive end-game. The content race is going to turn into 'who can get 8 people on right after servers come up on Tuesday.'

Pathetic. This Amatengalo guy really needs to find a new career path. Maybe insurance.
The Aurion Legacy

Nylos Aevir Salrik Lyrax | Malkros Uhriel Flamel Kemarov
Prophecy of the Five

Ellnassil
02.20.2012 , 03:18 AM | #12
They should bring 8 man and 16 man on one Level. To make 16 man Easier just for the Reason that it is complicated to gather the 16 People is the stupiest answer i ever heard from a Game Designer....... what type of LSD did this guy´s kick into their Coke?
eFame // Darth Traya
Wir suchen noch Ranged DPS und Heiler für 1.2 / X-Realm Spieler sind willkommen und werden unterstützt!
http://www.efame.de

Soazak
02.20.2012 , 03:27 AM | #13
/signed

The only reason it's hard to get 16 people together is because there is no point.

Give 16 some better loot and people will try. There are lots of groups out there that are looking at 16...but end up splitting into two 8s.

Edit: I'm in a PvP guild, and even we are finding the PvE content too easy. I can only imagine it's a faceroll for the people who do PvE as their main focus.
Legions of Lettow (EU PvP)

Sorc, Marauder
Guardian, Scoundrel

Kibaken
02.20.2012 , 03:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Soazak View Post
/signed

The only reason it's hard to get 16 people together is because there is no point.

Give 16 some better loot and people will try. There are lots of groups out there that are looking at 16...but end up splitting into two 8s.
Or there aren't 16 people there due to massive server population issues.
The Aurion Legacy

Nylos Aevir Salrik Lyrax | Malkros Uhriel Flamel Kemarov
Prophecy of the Five

Soazak
02.20.2012 , 03:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kibaken View Post
Or there aren't 16 people there due to massive server population issues.

Different issue entirely.

Larger raids should be more challenging than smaller ones. They should consider a difference in the 8/16 loot, before they assume that people are not doing them because they can't get the numbers together.
Legions of Lettow (EU PvP)

Sorc, Marauder
Guardian, Scoundrel

AesirUesugi
02.20.2012 , 04:19 AM | #16
/signed

Feebs
02.20.2012 , 05:27 AM | #17
/signed

Make all the content bug free, but more difficult. Also, ffs use more than 1 tanks. You know that was the dumbest design decision yet. GZ and GA claim to have actually played MMO's before this job, and they should have known better to start.

Bloodymoon
02.20.2012 , 05:38 AM | #18
/signed

I could understand the statement if it was the other way around, since casuals usually run smaller ops. It is just more easy to find 7 other player than 15. So let the 16 man be slightly (or even much) more difficult, so that 8 mans are more accessible for casuals - both in regards of manpower and difficulty.

As a hardcore raider myself, I (and probably most other hardcore raiders) even have no problem with these "easy" raids providing the same loot, codex entries, titles, etc.

However, the hardcorde raiders WANT a challenge. A challenge which is currently not in the game. Because it is the very first tier, it is understandable - although unexspected, since there is a Nightmare mode (which does not live up to its name).

Also, almost all guilds which are seriously raiding are raiding 16 man. Go on with this change and most of these guilds will break up:

If the new 8 man ops are more difficult, the hardcore guilds will reduce their rooster for the mainraid drastically. Some guilds of course will run multiple 8 mans, but there WILL be problems due to a first and second (or even third) string.
aka Moon

Searingklepto
02.20.2012 , 05:41 AM | #19
/signed

Rynoh
02.20.2012 , 07:08 AM | #20
I agree that making 8 man the more complicated raiding level is a quick way to break up a lot of endgame guilds. We took our time gearing out 16 players for 16 man content instead of rushing straight through nightmare with our original group. We did this because 16 man content is and should be harder, and that was our goal from the beginning. We to are looking for a challenge, if we are required to condense to an 8 man raid group there will be a lot of people left out in the cold.