Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plea to Dev's: Don't make 16's easier than 8's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Plea to Dev's: Don't make 16's easier than 8's

Luthier
02.19.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1
From the recent Q&A panel the last question and answer are as follows:

Lexiekaboom: 16 man Operations are much harder than 8 man Operations (to the point where most guilds can easily clear hard mode 8 man before being able to clear 16 man easy mode) but there is no loot difference at all to doing them. It's better to send your 16 man raid force to clear two 8 man instances .Is this oversight or design? What will be done to offset this in the future?

Gabe Amatangelo: This is not per design. The teams have been addressing this in the weekly patches to some degree and more so in Game Update 1.2. It is intended that 16 player mode is slightly easier than 8 player mode due to the fact that getting and coordinating 16 players is a larger hurdle in and of itself.

I would like to make a plea to the Dev's in regards to this and hope that like minded individuals will respond.

Please DO NOT make 16 man operations easier than 8 man. I would venture to say that a vast majority of guilds that chose to do 16 man content is because they prefer the challenge. I know this is the case for my guild. If a guild set out from the start to be a solely 16 man guild then they probably did so expecting a stiffer challenge.

The ideal situation would be for the two size of raids to be equal in difficulty, as well as equal in rewards. Or even better yet I would love the WOLTK model of the bigger raids being harder, as well as getting better rewards. I like the challenge. I like the prestige of completing harder content, and the rewards that come with that.

As it stands right now 16 man content IS harder and I like that. Now there are a few exceptions where 8 man SOA is harder than 16 in my opinion, as well as fabricator droid in Karaggas is harder on 8 man as well. Other than that 16's are as difficult or more so than 8's. I like this, and I'm bothered by the response to the question posted in the Q&A. I don't want the easier route. Yes getting 16 people on the same page is harder than 8. This much is true, but if people were already committed to 16's I bet they were already planning on and expecting a bigger challenge so it is accepted and welcomed.

So again I plea to the Dev's to NOT make 16's easier than 8's. Make them equal or keep them harder. I hope most 16 man guilds would agree.
R]

Talorra
02.19.2012 , 05:25 PM | #2
Signed. We don't want to see them easier either.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Dulwaithe
02.19.2012 , 05:27 PM | #3
Coming from some one who has only done 8 person ops and will probably never get a chance to do 16 person ops, I completely agree. In my mind 16 person ops should be marginally harder (even including the extra 8 people to coordinate) and drop marginally better loot (like a tier x.5 sort of thing).

Ideally this would encourage more people to run 16 person operations (not everyone raids just for the fun of it!) while still keeping a decent population of people who do 8 person ops.

snurkii
02.19.2012 , 05:31 PM | #4
make the raids harder and not easier and u wont loose a few 100 k subscribers
Sharpshooter - Ahto city

<http://singularity-gaming.net>

turnal
02.19.2012 , 05:39 PM | #5
signed
<Relapse> - PVE Raiding Guild - Kai-kan EU - Recruiting
http://relapse-kaikan.swtornow.com/

FallenFaux
02.19.2012 , 06:08 PM | #6
Signed, if this game doesn't get harder soon we're just going to leave for something else.
OMEN
Hardcore Progression Guild on The Shadowlands

Snack - Lv50 Operative
Snackrifice - Lv50 Sorcerer

Luthier
02.19.2012 , 11:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FallenFaux View Post
Signed, if this game doesn't get harder soon we're just going to leave for something else.
I think many people are feeling this way. At least the hardcore raiders.
R]

Akella
02.19.2012 , 11:28 PM | #8
/signed
Never argue with a fool, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Antinoobkiller
02.19.2012 , 11:37 PM | #9
NO, I want them to make 8man and 4 man the hardest encounters. Its already too hard to find 16ppl. I want to play with my friends.

So please BW make the the content for 8man the hardest!

tyvm

and btw i quitted one month ago.

fusrodahz
02.20.2012 , 02:07 AM | #10
signed
Klebs - Level 50 Marauder
<Paradox> Sword Of Ajunta Pall