Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what happend to the free roam/sandbox game??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
what happend to the free roam/sandbox game??

equeone
02.19.2012 , 05:03 PM | #1
Is it just me or doesnt Swtor feel like a free roam game at all? i mean in order to reach the quest area that you need to be, you need to pick the right way, because other roads leading there has been closed by mountains/pipes/cliffs etc..

so if you need to go to a area there is mostly only 1 way to get there, which makes the world feel kinda boxed in and very limited, imo this shows that BW normally does single player games and not Mmorpgs.
<Uo,Eq,Nwn,Swg,Gw,Aoc,War,Wow,Rift>

Kaskava
02.19.2012 , 05:11 PM | #2
The company known for its directed narrative stories, that never promised a sandbox game, made a directed narrative game?

Shocker. Truly.
This just in: Expanding on an ending no one likes is not improving said ending. A polished turd is still a turd.

Blacklynx
02.19.2012 , 05:23 PM | #3
To be honest BW said they were doing a themepark mmo with sandbox elements (in one of the interviews). Haven't seen any sandbox anywhere tho

Rouge
02.19.2012 , 08:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by equeone View Post
Is it just me or doesnt Swtor feel like a free roam game at all? i mean in order to reach the quest area that you need to be, you need to pick the right way, because other roads leading there has been closed by mountains/pipes/cliffs etc..

so if you need to go to a area there is mostly only 1 way to get there, which makes the world feel kinda boxed in and very limited, imo this shows that BW normally does single player games and not Mmorpgs.
Have you been on Hoth for example? Or even Tatooine?

I love Hoth, and it's as free roam as they go in MMORPGs...
Think of this: If you will play a Jedi or a Sith, now you will never get to take your apprentice to fight with you in flashpoints, warzones or raids. You will never face together any of the big end-game bosses.