Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions about HM Flashpoints

schnopsnosn
02.19.2012 , 07:13 PM | #11
I guess it just depends on the Faction you play.
Seems like Esseles on Rep-side is overtuned.
The only problems I've encountered so far were maybe the final three in Boarding Party, but as of now they're a cake-walk for us(due to vast gear-improvements and some tuning from BW).

Also let me tell you that you don't need to grind dailies for those Rakata-earpieces and implants.
To be honest there are better ones on the GTN that might now have that amount of primary stat(willpower, strength, whatever) but excel in secondary stats and might even have an augment-slot where you can fit your primary stat, power, alacrity, crit, whatever really floats your boat.
The same goes for shields and focii.

My implants for example has:
50 endurance
62 willpower
40 power
40 accuracy(wrong stat, yes but I don't care )
25 crit
29 alacrity
+ augment slot

Deadbatery
02.19.2012 , 07:19 PM | #12
It was most likely the dps's fault, those adds should be quickly aoe'd down, dont even try and get agro on them. The boss has a knockdown on a fairly short cd, when stunned/knocked down etc your def stats mean nothing, the dmg goes strait through to your amour, if you have adds on you when this happens you'll likely die.

As a general rule always have dps kill the weakest mobs first

KantaUO
02.19.2012 , 07:24 PM | #13
I cleared at least 5 hm all under an hour with under geared guild
Mates. Mostly level 48 and higher mods and some greens and blues. Pve too simple...

Sivenom
02.19.2012 , 08:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zazzaro View Post
Hello,
So i just had a couple questions so i don't end up hated and blacklisted on my server. I just hit lvl 50 and have been doing dailies to try and gear up my implants and ear pieces (600 dailys total i think). Im a Inq specced for healing. On my way to lvl 50, i pretty much did the solo content to 50 (no flashpoints, no Heroic 4s really). I've been subbed to 5 or 6 different MMOs so i know how to work in a group dynamic and how to heal so not too worried about it. I also use the keyboard mostly for healing in groups in the past (not a ability clicker while in groups). Thats some background. Not a complete noob when grouping, but not your raid member that has been raiding every week for the last 5 years. I didnt mean to level to 50 solo, but doing the planet quests on rested xp leveled me up fast and was at least a little challenging (going to planets 2 levels below the suggested level range).

My questions really are: Am i going to be under geared if i try to group up to do a HM flashpoint? I think ill go back and solo the flashpoints with my companion so Im at least familiar with the layout. My fear is being undergeared.... doing a crappy healing job cause my gear isnt allowing for enough bonus healing, crits etc. etc. and getting hated on by my server and ignored by people lol. Def dont want that cause of a rookie mistake. Should i stick the course and not try the HM flashpoints until i get those daily com. upgrades? Or can i heal just fine in the mostly lvl 47+ blue/purps/oranges i currently have?

Going to give it to you cold turkey; start with your easiest. Inq healers really *shouldn't* have any problem healing. Mercs are iffy and ops are better-than-iffy, but sorc's should beat their odds.

Start with easiest first. In terms of easy HM's I rank them like this (easy > hard)
BT>Kaon(if you do the bonus boss with the drag method) > found >BP > BoI > D7 > FE

As a tank(powertech and assassin), I could step into them up until BoI(battle of ilum) and run them with no problems. We are talking in 48-50 blues and oranges. I've had ****** healers and I've had good healers. The ones that knew HOW to heal, have told me that they didn't need to worry much; they wore everything from greens to purples.

It's all about if you know how to deal. It's completely possible to do those first 4 I mentioned as a new healer, but you need to know what you're doing and the tank needs to be not semi-mental.
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed. -- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

teemoor
02.19.2012 , 09:47 PM | #15
1st of all - as an operative I managed to heal through HMs in Red Reaper/D7 orange gear with no daily mods.
2nd - tell your tank to mark and actually CC elite/strong mobs. That alone can make an HM a breeze. Now I have full columi gear, so I have no problems with chain pulling and no CC, but when I didn't have this gear, we wiped a lot (you know how a columi/rakata geared group LFM healer and starts running thru HM like their wife is giving birth).

Aelrail
02.20.2012 , 01:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by teemoor View Post
running thru HM like their wife is giving birth).
Lol'ed

You should be more than able to run at least most of the HM's in orange gear with high level mods if you know what you are doing and pay attention to the encounter mechanics. Actually, the worst pull in all of Black Talon is the first trash pull. That one is tougher than most bosses.

When I tank HM's on my Jugg tank alt, I just inspect the healer and test him/her on a pull or two, if he keeps me up ok I switch to "my pants are on fire" tanking mode and chain pull keeping an eye on his resource bar They usually love that if they are good.

NineInchNinja
02.20.2012 , 01:15 PM | #17
My advice is as follows:

1) Join a laid back guild that isn't trying to get every HM done every night. Pugging it without purples is going to be a major headache in most cases.
2) Do the level 50 flashpoints on normal a few times. You might get a drop or two that improves your gear
3) A few bosses you might want to avoid at first are the bonus boss in Kaon (KR-82 Expulser), Bulwark in directive 7 and Krel Thrak in Battle of Ilum. KR-82 is a bonus boss and can be skipped, and Krel Thrak can be skipped although I wont describe how here. Bulwark is required however, and so you might want to wait on doing D-7 for a while.

Just my 2 cents.

JLapp
02.20.2012 , 01:33 PM | #18
From what the OP says...I think he is probably good enough to jump into Hard Modes.

Just doing the daily quest chains in belsavis & ilum will get you enough daily commendations to buy a hilt/barrel and I think 2-3 armor mods. The heroics give you another armor and a mod/enhancement. Use the cash from those and buy a two crafted implants, earpiece, and offhand (somewhere between 30k and 50k a piece on my server). Fill in the gear with the blue mod/enhancements from corellia commendations.

Also if you aren't biochem (or don't have a biochem buddy) buy some stims/medpacs off the vendor or GTN.