Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

undeadsithdread
02.20.2012 , 05:36 AM | #11
no please no i can't take more for sam emo whining.

i have feeling maul will become emo too.
Sith assassin Forever!

TKMaster
02.20.2012 , 07:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Oh, Crashdown from BSG! But Darth Maul? No one ever stays dead in Star Wars EU, do they?
Chewbacca hasnt been zombie'd yet.

Fyurii
02.20.2012 , 07:41 AM | #13
Am I the only one thinking that they should have just gotten Peter Serafinowicz to do the voice... again?
________║≤o≥║___________
/_______TROOPER___≡≡≡≡≡≡≡╡
\_/‾‾‾‾ // ╝‾‾╚▄▄▄▄▄/‾‾‾‾‾

Warcranium
02.20.2012 , 07:58 AM | #14
This should be good.

Can't wait to facepalm at their explanation for how he survived being chopped in half and falling down a bottomless pit. Sith wizardry and prosthetic legs/nads? Or maybe one of those hoverchairs that Yoda uses.

Aitix
02.20.2012 , 09:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcranium View Post
This should be good.

Can't wait to facepalm at their explanation for how he survived being chopped in half and falling down a bottomless pit. Sith wizardry and prosthetic legs/nads? Or maybe one of those hoverchairs that Yoda uses.
Sam Witwer said that Maul survived through the dark side, although he may have only survived long enough to go through the air vents when he was falling down the reactor shaft. According to a new book titled The Wrath of Darth Maul, that's how Maul avoided the landing. However, he doesn't know what happened afterwards.

Now, according to another recent EU book called the Book of Sith, Talzin has an amulet of resurrection that can bring the spirits of the dead back to their bodies. She also says that she can save the near-dead from dying or something like that.

MustrumRidcully
02.20.2012 , 12:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
Chewbacca hasnt been zombie'd yet.
Oh, he's just some furry alien, no one cares about those.

Llenyd
02.20.2012 , 02:45 PM | #17
So Maul is coming back because he's a vampire.

Aitix
02.20.2012 , 03:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
So Maul is coming back because he's a vampire.
Through his hatred and the dark side(although Talzin may have had a helping hand).

LukeDanger
02.20.2012 , 07:04 PM | #19
"Rage is a helluva anesthetic."
- Zaeed, Mass Effect 2

I believe that summerizes how Maul apparently survived.

Anyways, at least we can rest knowing that Sam Witner is going to comment about clashes with canon. Supposedly, when he playtested the Junkyard level in TFU, he voiced disapointment when he saw a wrecked X-Wing in the wreckage (this being long before the X-Wing was introduced). He was glad to know that later on, it was replaced with a Z-95, the X-Wing's direct predecessor.

Spoiler

Eldartank
02.20.2012 , 07:34 PM | #20
I remember in one of the comic books, Darth Maul, outfitted with a cybernetic lower body, turns up on Tatooine and terrorizes Owen and Beru Lars when Luke is around 3 years old. An obvious attempt to draw out Obi Wan Kenobi. Obi Wan duels Maul, and kills him for good this time. Then Owen sends Obi Wan away, clearly not wanting him around to influence Luke with his Jedi ways. So, if they are going on that premise, I could sort of see Maul appearing in the Clone Wars series. Although, in the story I read, Obi Wan was quite surprised to find out that Maul had actually survived that duel on Naboo. Perhsps Obi Wan won't find out about Maul in the episodes that he appears....