Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Droid boss in Karagga palace bugged?

quezcotl
02.19.2012 , 12:10 PM | #1
So we tried it on normal where boss had 2.2 million hp and wiped us like 8 times before we got him - he also enraged at the end and almost wiped us.
Then we tried it on Hardmode, where he was 1.5 million hp, we got him before he even enraged and wasnt even a threat to us at all on the first try.

Is this bugged, and meant to be the other way around?

btw, I really enjoyed karagga palace, the last boss on HM wasnt hard or annoying - good boss design.

malaclyps
02.19.2012 , 12:52 PM | #2
HP is being reduced in 1.1.4 according to test server notes, and they mentioned it in the Q&a, it's getting nerf'd.
zoss, of backlash -Imp Inq, Mind Tricks

nametakenz
02.19.2012 , 01:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by quezcotl View Post

btw, I really enjoyed karagga palace, the last boss on HM wasnt hard or annoying - good boss design.
How is a boss on hardmode not being hard a good design?

Yescek
02.19.2012 , 01:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nametakenz View Post
How is a boss on hardmode not being hard a good design?
I was wondering that myself.

Killpo
02.19.2012 , 01:33 PM | #5
The boss has a different strat in HM and Normal. In normal you basically really only dps with his debuff and -maybe- one armor. You rotate him through right and center and if your puzzle solvers are quick enough you should be able to solve it in around 10 seconds. Granted, yes 2.2 mil is a dps check.

joetacticSW
02.19.2012 , 02:10 PM | #6
I wouldnt call an upcoming change a 'nerf'... if his health is Higher in normal then on Hard I'd consider it a bug-fix.
Battlemaster - 50 Combat Medic
The Warthirsting Legacy
Grand Master Zym Server

Prestontx
02.19.2012 , 02:13 PM | #7
I wouldn't call it a bug fix since the strategy is different. In Normal you can debuff him quickly on two platforms saving time. On hard, nightmare that changes. Just my two cents.

Edit: So the buffs stay off him more often actually raising ure dps in normal mode vs hard
I7-2600k OC 4.5, 2 SLI GTX 570, 8gb 1600mhz ram, 120GB SSD, 1TB HD, LC

joetacticSW
02.19.2012 , 02:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Prestontx View Post
I wouldn't call it a bug fix since the strategy is different. In Normal you can debuff him quickly on two platforms saving time. On hard, nightmare that changes. Just my two cents.
IDK i haven't done him on hard yet what are the new mechanics how does it work in hard.
Battlemaster - 50 Combat Medic
The Warthirsting Legacy
Grand Master Zym Server

AtomicSquid
02.19.2012 , 03:18 PM | #9
Not bugged. HP is lower in hard because you can only melt his armor half as often. They are nerfing his HP in normal mode next patch; I guess because it is a bit harsh enrage timer for groups just learning the puzzle for the first time.
Dralvin Galamonde
Galactic Squid

Merraith
02.19.2012 , 03:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Prestontx View Post

Edit: So the buffs stay off him more often actually raising ure dps in normal mode vs hard
Gotta remember most people will see more health and instantly think something is wrong. Especially if the strategy they see in some video isn't designed to take full advantage of the mechanics of the fight. Fortunately for them, BW is nerfing it anyways because it wasn't easy enough already for those people.