Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

depart from WoW and make your raids unique


ademnus's Avatar


ademnus
02.19.2012 , 11:49 AM | #1
I dont really need more wow in space, there's plenty of wow raids already in wow.

What can make your newer raids more Bioware and less Blizzard? I didnt leave wow and come to TOR just to play WoW.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

silverprovidence's Avatar


silverprovidence
02.19.2012 , 11:51 AM | #2
You've spent your time on these forums disparaging raiding full stop as an evil... why should you get a say in how it should be again?
'Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic' - William Ewart Gladstone.

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
02.19.2012 , 03:13 PM | #3
Sounds like you really don't enjoy this game.
I'm unaware of the need to stay subscribed if your really not happy.

As far as your post, there really isn't many fights that share simularities between the two games.

ademnus's Avatar


ademnus
02.20.2012 , 06:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Sounds like you really don't enjoy this game.
I'm unaware of the need to stay subscribed if your really not happy.

As far as your post, there really isn't many fights that share simularities between the two games.
I love this game and have bee an active participant since '08

as far as raiding goes, it is indistinguishable from wow. Slog thru adds, dance out the fire fire while killing a boss, loot epics, rinse repeat. tank, dps, heal, blah blah blah.

There is not one thing that stamps it as a Bioware game at all.

I get my opinion same as you, if you dislike that you are equally free to unsub.
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

Midgardsnake's Avatar


Midgardsnake
02.20.2012 , 06:11 PM | #5
if you think then you should say they copy from Everquest, they invented the 3D mmorpg and Raid Mobs. Anyway i think that the Raids in swtor are very funny, could be a little bit harder, but Mobs like Sou have nice scripts

Bation's Avatar


Bation
02.20.2012 , 06:18 PM | #6
Honestly raiding doesnt change pretty much at all in any mmorpg its a key componunt that u cant really alter to extremely

sanctified's Avatar


sanctified
02.20.2012 , 06:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
I love this game and have bee an active participant since '08

as far as raiding goes, it is indistinguishable from wow. Slog thru adds, dance out the fire fire while killing a boss, loot epics, rinse repeat. tank, dps, heal, blah blah blah.

There is not one thing that stamps it as a Bioware game at all.

I get my opinion same as you, if you dislike that you are equally free to unsub.
Come on now, you seem like you've been around the block. These are just how raids have been done since EQ. There's really not much you can do to be truly innovative.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.

schwiz's Avatar


schwiz
02.20.2012 , 07:38 PM | #8
I hear that skyrim is a really awesome single player rpg you should check it out.

ademnus's Avatar


ademnus
02.20.2012 , 10:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Come on now, you seem like you've been around the block. These are just how raids have been done since EQ. There's really not much you can do to be truly innovative.
EQ raids were open world with world bosses, but yes otherwise we've been doing the same thing since EQ.

Time for something new. I came here for the Bioware factor. Where is it in our endgame?
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

Sinku's Avatar


Sinku
02.20.2012 , 10:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
I dont really need more wow in space, there's plenty of wow raids already in wow.

What can make your newer raids more Bioware and less Blizzard? I didnt leave wow and come to TOR just to play WoW.

Your gripes are idiotic and silly. You are saying you didn't leave wow to play wow here yet you are sticking around doing just that. Why not leave and go play World Of Warcraft then?

The bane of all MMO's are when the wow players show up and start trying to say its not like wow or its too much like it. Blah
Visit My SWTOR Blog