Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EV endboss fight absurd; needs fix

Prestontx
02.19.2012 , 02:40 PM | #11
SOA is bugged a bit and I think most of us agree to that op. But the pylon part seems to work as planned. Generally speaking you need to do it in 4 pylons. Depending on how quick you were to get there. 3 should be enough. When the sheild is dropped everyone including healz should drop dps on him and forget about everything else imo.

As for the despawn that part sucks. But I have noticed if he enrages he will despawn shortly after. Seeing as how hard he is to tank at that point I usually don't mind it. Saves some creds
I7-2600k OC 4.5, 2 SLI GTX 570, 8gb 1600mhz ram, 120GB SSD, 1TB HD, LC

Dranzen
02.19.2012 , 02:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
I dont mind wiping due to hitting an enrage timer. We suck it up and dps harder or fail.

I do mind that for no clear reason, with a flawlessly executed fight, the boss just decides to go on a fishing holiday.

This needs attention.
Quote:
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - 1.1.4 Patch Notes
Flashpoints and Operations

Operations

Eternity Vault

Casting Mind Trap will no longer cause Soa to lose threat against his primary target.
This should alleviate the despawn issues.

Rocketride
02.19.2012 , 03:47 PM | #13
This fight has great ideas but poor programming. Hoping to see more fights like it but with a little more testing.
<The Turks>
"a classy & respectable display" -_Kayko_
Blightning, Socr; Rafiq, P-Tech
Jedi Covenant US

halfhourofpower
02.19.2012 , 03:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by silverprovidence View Post
Demanding the game should fit your needs.

Elitism at its worst.

Dont you realise not everyone is ultra hardcore raiders? >.<
What the hell are you talking about? Have you even done the fight? Randomly the boss will just despawn and disappear, making you have to reset the instance to try again. We are demanding that the game works as intended.
KFC, now with more Jesus!

Rabbican
02.19.2012 , 03:59 PM | #15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HTZUaaenY

Fast forward to 7:39 to see the bug happen, Soa seems to disappear after mind trapping the MT in phase 3, the 1.4 patch notes will not fix this issue (my best guess). This is on 8 man. Normal Soa.
Shards of Alderaan, Helm of Graush, 50 Jedi Sage: Deceiver
Operation Latte Thunder, Helm of Graush, 50 Operative: Watcher

Iandayen
02.19.2012 , 04:03 PM | #16
We run 16's. Not 8's.

We do have the random agro issue - but taunting after mindtrap = problem solved.

I have never seen him disappear nor despawn. Of course if one tank gets mind trapped, we have the offtank taunt it immediately.

As far as the shield goes, stop being bad and do it right?

Rabbican
02.19.2012 , 04:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Iandayen View Post
We run 16's. Not 8's.

We do have the random agro issue - but taunting after mindtrap = problem solved.

I have never seen him disappear nor despawn. Of course if one tank gets mind trapped, we have the offtank taunt it immediately.

As far as the shield goes, stop being bad and do it right?
Watch my youtube video and watch it happen tough guy.

Iandayen
02.19.2012 , 04:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbican View Post
Watch my youtube video and watch it happen tough guy.
Watching it now.

First thing I noticed you doing wrong.

P1 - you jumped right into the green puddle AFTER it spawned. Really? you had to be told to move out of that?

Going back to watch more, but this has already shown me signs of what is to happen ahead.

Next - phase 1-2 transition you are taking way too long, you should be at the bottom and have your raid full health before soa ever gets down and able to be attacked.

You are starting p2 with people at 20% - unacceptable.

In P2 you ran right towards a lightning ball that wasn't on you taking unneccesary damage. You would have been booted from our raid by this point.

3:37-4:21 black screen why?

then again slmost a whole minute at 6 miunte - black screen.

7:19 your tank blows and missed the first pillar.

and then soa despawned because nobody taunted it when your tank got mind trapped.

That whole time your tank was in mind trap you - or any other dps with a taunt could have taunted him and prevented the reset. He hits for crap, anyone can tank him.

Again - your fault, your raids fault, you guys didn't do it right.

Rabbican
02.19.2012 , 04:49 PM | #19
Every weekend I introduce new 50's to the fights, notice me explaining the fights? I hear everyone gets it right the first time through, we would have killed it will all the mistakes if he had not have despawned. Black screen is from data corruption during edit, I only put up the video to show the bug.

Parna the person to just hit 50 last weekend made video. You must have a really small guild if you kick people on their first mistake, how's that turnover working out for you friend?

Iandayen
02.19.2012 , 04:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbican View Post
Every weekend I introduce new 50's to the fights, notice me explaining the fights? I hear everyone gets it right the first time through, we would have killed it will all the mistakes if he had not have despawned. Black screen is from data corruption during edit, I only put up the video to show the bug.

Parna the person to just hit 50 last weekend made video. You must have a really small guild if you kick people on their first mistake, how's that turnover working out for you friend?
Considering we have 2 16 man raids that clear nightmare every week and we turn away 4-5 apps a day. Pretty good.

We are an end game raid guild, we are a top 20 worldwide guild, we have so many applicants that we had to assign someone to go through them and sort the good from the bad.

People make mistakes, but not like that - he literally jumped into green **** after it spawned and then stood in it without even attempting to move until the raid leader told him to get out.

Thats raiding 101 - don't stand in ****.

As far as soa despawning - you guys went all of p3 without being able to attack him because your tank wasn't doing his job and getting soa under the pillars (he was attacking a mind trap lol).

To top it all off, when your tank got mind trapped himself, nobody thought to taunt the boss to keep it from resetting. That's another raiding 101 item - boss evading because tank isn't able to be hit - taunt - win.

Your whole raid is sub par - you guys might eventually get a kill, and good for you. But don't come on here screaming bug/broken encounter when it was your own fault that the boss evaded and reset.