Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

sylorien
02.26.2012 , 11:50 PM | #391
I am a proud OP inquisitor. Since I queue solo virtually all the time, I think its necessary, because its rare to queue into a WZ with more than 1 or 2 other players that are even paying attention to the objectives. Usually the majority of my team just wants to PVP and pad their states. I have to play an OP class to try to win the WZ while playing with idiots.

GrandMike
02.27.2012 , 02:19 AM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by _Rammie_ View Post
It's funny to see all the sorcerers getting so defensive. They seem to have the uncontrollable need to put a lot of chained *'s in their posts, confirming the infantile image I have of them.
Its funny how all the terribads attack the class. They have uncontollable need to come to forums to QQ about how bad they are, which translate to "i play so bad, will you nerf x calss so i can beat it instead me improving and L2P".

Its funny how more than half of this posters dont know difference between assasin and a sorc, the other half talk about 31/31/31 build lol.

Sorc are fine, not that they dont need "nerf" or "redisign" they need a buff to their burst dmage and buffing end tree talents.

Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
other than assasins

tank assasins full BM with hunters boom ~23k hp, with amazing mitigation and moderate dps
Unfortunately these people have very little knowledge of the game, of course certain classes go well over 20k health.

Telaan
02.27.2012 , 02:34 AM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by _Rammie_ View Post
It's funny to see all the sorcerers getting so defensive. They seem to have the uncontrollable need to put a lot of chained *'s in their posts, confirming the infantile image I have of them.

I can understand why they get so defensive. When the nerfhammer hits, they will have to reroll to a new class. The new flavour of the month (probably Bounty Hunter (ironically also ranged)) will be less easymode. This means the class might be too much for them to comprehend.

I'd love to see these easymoders play a melee class. So many viable skills to use, unable to cower next to a pillar or on a platform. I hope the nerfhammer hits hard and fast, I'd love to see the dispair.

On a sidenote, 'nerf' may be read as 'redesign'. And yes, as a republic melee character, I think Consulars deserve the same.
The ironic part is, I picture the same thing about you while you rage about a class that is perfectly fine. This is coming from a Jedi Guardian.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

FarizAA
02.27.2012 , 02:57 AM | #394
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Its funny how all the terribads attack the class. They have uncontollable need to come to forums to QQ about how bad they are, which translate to "i play so bad, will you nerf x calss so i can beat it instead me improving and L2P".

Its funny how more than half of this posters dont know difference between assasin and a sorc, the other half talk about 31/31/31 build lol.

Sorc are fine, not that they dont need "nerf" or "redisign" they need a buff to their burst dmage and buffing end tree talents.

Unfortunately these people have very little knowledge of the game, of course certain classes go well over 20k health.

I am valor 61 sentinel, and I leveled my valor without grinding illum or using any bugs. It means lot of wz played.

I top damage charts often, and have a solid understanding of a pvp in this game.

Sorcs in a team environment are OP and need to be nerfed. If you do not see it, you are biased.

1 vs 1 sorcs are nothing great. But this game is not about 1 vs 1. Some classes when stacked get tons of advantage. Others not.
no signature

GrandMike
02.27.2012 , 03:01 AM | #395
Quote: Originally Posted by FarizAA View Post
I am valor 61 sentinel, and I leveled my valor without grinding illum or using any bugs. It means lot of wz played.

I top damage charts often, and have a solid understanding of a pvp in this game.

Sorcs in a team environment are OP and need to be nerfed. If you do not see it, you are biased.
1. Im valor 65, gained mostly in WZs-ilum dailies and i say you are biased because in group environment sorc/sage are just bearable considering they are easiest class to shut down (well, share the place with certain other class) and are made of cardboard. Not to talk 1vs1 where sorc is one of worst classes.

2. In a group environmnet you can have sorc of your own if you think they are so good.

If you think they need to be nerfed you are biased and just want free kills. With a sentinel you steamroll them now (group or no group) and thats not enough for you. Biased.

Telaan
02.27.2012 , 03:02 AM | #396

I have a valor 60 guardian. I too have a solid grasp of PvP in this game. Sorc/Sage are fine, and FAR from op in a team setting. If you don't see it you are bad. I throw guard on a sent and watch him roll through 3-4 sorc while a healer keeps him up.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

FarizAA
02.27.2012 , 03:08 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
I have a valor 60 guardian. I too have a solid grasp of PvP in this game. Sorc/Sage are fine, and FAR from op in a team setting. If you don't see it you are bad. I throw guard on a sent and watch him roll through 3-4 sorc while a healer keeps him up.
Do you read yourself? You throw guard on sentinel and healer keep him up and he kills 3 sorcs which has no clue -- what it proves? Get 3 equal skill team up sorcs, and your healer is dead, then your sent is dead, then you are dead in a matter of minute.

Please, spare me of such arguments.
no signature

GrandMike
02.27.2012 , 03:12 AM | #398
Do you read yourself? You throw guard on sentinel and healer keep him up and he kills 3 sorcs which has no clue -- what it proves? Get 3 equal skill team up sorcs, and your healer is dead, then your sent is dead, then you are dead in a matter of minute.

Please, spare me of such arguments.
Seems you are not on top of the game.

Theres a lot of room for improvement

QuinteX
02.27.2012 , 03:14 AM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by BadgerFett View Post
Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.
I do not agreed.

Myself i chose inquisitor -> Sorc in early beta and i havent regret my choice.

But relly in WZ i do see MAXIMUM 4 inq on a team, most likely 2:1 or 3:1 sorc/assasin ratio.

Often i've been seing more BH than inq. hence the tracer spam
Signature not available.

Steele_dk
02.27.2012 , 03:16 AM | #400
Quote: Originally Posted by BadgerFett View Post
Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.
Oh how i shall love replying to this

First of all, not all inquisitors are dps, theres many of us that are healers including myself, OMG NO FACEROLL AS HEALER!

Second of all, unless everyone of them 13 inquisitor (real number properly lower) did over 500k damage i dont think you can complain about nerfing sorc as many other classes can easily put out as much damage!

Thirdly:
3 "imbo" is one snare, and 1 extra as 31 madness talent
stun: every class has a stun why shouldnt sorc??? ILLOGIC WHINE
Bubble: Yes we have a shield that can be cast every 17seconds that absorbs about 2k dmg, Not a gamebreaker and ill take heavy armor over that shield any day
Healz: Im sry, but again you fail to see that also both bh merc and imp op also have this, and to calm your whine, a hybrid dps sorcs heal takes 3 second to cast, no way near imba and easily interrupted
bubble-blind: this only affects melee in range and breakable on damage plus you dont have this talent in the hybrid spec only full lighting which isnt called the glass cannon spec for nothing!
sprint: snare us after this and we screwed, send a marauder with leap after us and we even more screwed
slow channel: interupt this! Its what the whole hybrid spec is about using force lighting to proc our instant cast, OMG DID I JUST GIVE YOU A TIP?
knockbacks... knockbackS ? We have 1 called overload and it knockback the least range of all the knockbacks in the game!

All in all, sorc are squishy, even as healers (*** TROOPER HEALER NEVER DIE, OMG DID I JUST WHINE MYSELF IN A WHINE THREAD!?) with great dps.

And to the reason why so many play sorcs? ITS THE ONLY CASTER IN THE GAME AND PPL LIKE TO PLAY CASTERS INCLUDING MYSELF BYE
The only good republic is a dead republic
Shayden/Poncho - Nightmare Lands