Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

Evil_Santa
02.26.2012 , 04:16 PM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by Beachcomberb View Post
1. Most tank stats dont work in pvp

2. Tanks cant dps to any great degree.

Got it ?
So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor.

for your second thing - yup. That's why I put DPS last on the list of a juggs strengths.

savionen
02.26.2012 , 04:19 PM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Santa View Post
So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor.

for your second thing - yup. That's why I put DPS last on the list of a juggs strengths.
Critical hits go through shields.
Shields don't defend against most attacks.
Defense doesn't defend against most attacks.
Accuracy also reduces enemy Defenses, and PvP gear is currently stacked with it.

You can taunt whether you're a tank or not.

DirtyDiggler
02.26.2012 , 04:23 PM | #383
I choose to play sith soc before the game came out reguardless of how good they were because i wanted force lightining, my favorite spell in star wars .

Having played a few other classes Sith warrior/jugger, BH, Jedi shadow, Jedi Knight, ect

I fail to see how they require more skill to play then sith soc does.

WaywardOne
02.26.2012 , 04:29 PM | #384
<< So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor. >>

In character build discusions and pvp terms, "Doesn't work" = "Is almost always a bad choice".

Very few tank characters get close to 20k health in pvp gear.

wwkingms
02.26.2012 , 08:14 PM | #385
you 1v1 a BM marauder or assasin with a sorc and tell me how faceroll the class is then
NIHIL

THE BASTION

wwkingms
02.26.2012 , 08:23 PM | #386
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
<< So having 20k health, plus decent mitigation, and the ability to taunt players = stats don't work. How does a stat not "work"? Yes i know all about the issue with PVP damage not being "common" and going through armor. >>

In character build discusions and pvp terms, "Doesn't work" = "Is almost always a bad choice".

Very few tank characters get close to 20k health in pvp gear.
other than assasins

tank assasins full BM with hunters boom ~23k hp, with amazing mitigation and moderate dps
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Neamocoob
02.26.2012 , 08:51 PM | #387
I like the tracer deaths and lighting OOOOOH almost forgot the repeated use of none stop stuns and all the healing everyone can do
missing the old days or perhaps i am getting to old.

Neamocoob
02.26.2012 , 08:53 PM | #388
just makes the game so fun, also the people who defend it lol; can tell what class they play. I love making them run and stun. or tracers that fail to kill even with the 1 button mash lmfao
missing the old days or perhaps i am getting to old.

_Rammie_
02.26.2012 , 11:13 PM | #389
It's funny to see all the sorcerers getting so defensive. They seem to have the uncontrollable need to put a lot of chained *'s in their posts, confirming the infantile image I have of them.

I can understand why they get so defensive. When the nerfhammer hits, they will have to reroll to a new class. The new flavour of the month (probably Bounty Hunter (ironically also ranged)) will be less easymode. This means the class might be too much for them to comprehend.

I'd love to see these easymoders play a melee class. So many viable skills to use, unable to cower next to a pillar or on a platform. I hope the nerfhammer hits hard and fast, I'd love to see the dispair.

On a sidenote, 'nerf' may be read as 'redesign'. And yes, as a republic melee character, I think Consulars deserve the same.

ScipioAemilianus
02.26.2012 , 11:48 PM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by BadgerFett View Post
Why so many people in online games prefer to faceroll their face off than achieve something with a little bit of skill? Almost every WZ i enter there are like 6-8 inquisitors in one team. I cant even see map cuz everything is purple, so many stupid lightnings. I never get that, why ppl roll classes that are easy and for newbs, just like ret palas in wotlk, just like frost mages now. Please BW nerf sorcerers. Sick damage, like 3 imbollizes, stun, bubble, bubble-blind, healz, sprint, constant channeled slow, knockbacks. I mean it, what the...? I just was in WZ where total number of players were 16, and there were 13 inquisitors... PvP in SWTOR isn't cool anyway, but sorcerers make it even worse. Please do something about it because this is riddicolous. See ya peeps and may the force be with You.
funny my server its jedi sages healing so much that there is no point average bg has 6 sages + 2 commandos min