Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

Thundartwothree
02.23.2012 , 10:07 AM | #361
Why the do people cite and use 1v1 as any kind of example? Every single WZ and Ilum are very much focused on group and team play, and as such the Sage/Sorc ACs get exponetially stronger the more of them are present. Thats one of the reasons you see WZ with 50-70% of the AC, the more there are the stronger they get, I have been and have seen people killed while in mid leap 100-0% by 4 of the AC. There are several other reasons you see a boat load of the AC everywhere, it requires very little input to succede with, supplies multiple roles(While spec'd it ofcourse) and has a tool for every situation. Add all that together and you have an over population of the ACs.

Several things need to happen to bring the population down. Make it more difficult to play, that doesnt mean nerfing their damage or what have you. But requiring players to, oh I dont know pay attention to their resource for starters would add alittle more thought to the AC. For all non cover type ranged auto facing could be gone easily. Add a cast time to knockback, and for petes sake murder the hybrid spec. The AC was given too much to work with, a low user input, and a non-existant resource management system.
I will reach my field of battle at any means at my disposal, and when I get there I will arrive violently, no one will deny me, no one will defy me.

Keldaur
02.23.2012 , 10:12 AM | #362
Yeh yeh, other classes are better 1vs1 than sorcs. Who cares ?

On sc2 zealot kills 2 marines on a 1vs2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0txZBDDSA4

That's what rangeds do. The more you stack, the merrier.

Vales
02.23.2012 , 10:21 AM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Laalipop View Post
Not a nerf, a bug fix. Though most sorcs abused it to no end and it was causing more throughput than intended.

They're making Force Bending do what it is supposed to do and removing our ability to get a second fast Dark Infusion from it. It's whatever, if you used it as a crutch knowing that it's a bug it'll be your fault you won't do as well post 1.2.
I was aware of this. It is a fix, not a nerf. As they have to fix the double dip into Psychic Projection for TK Throw.
This game needs more Kel Dor!

Vales
02.23.2012 , 10:22 AM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Appletaz View Post
I have to laugh at myself and my indignation last night. I play a sorc, and I was so totally frustrated and mad because I was constantly CC'd and died so easily. My barrier hardly saves me for more than a second...

I wanted to come on here and make a thread about how come I can be pushed back all the way from the Huttball holder to the green goo then cc'd to stay there til I died, and there is no way my pushback can push things that far, and my CCs have a long cooldown, yet I can be multiple-CC'd and killed helplessly. I also don't know why someone on the frame across from the huttball center can target and hit me with their skills while my forced lightning is always stopped saying out of range...

Granted, I am no expert player and I didn't really start queueing up for warzones until I was 49, so my skills are right around mediocre and I expected to die. Just didn't think I could throw everything I've got at an opponent and have their health not even go to 99%.

I think there is something imbalanced. Another player's skill at playing their class, that is the way it should be and not limitations on my skill set that doesn't match theirs, whether that be "expertise" or range.

It's too bad there has to be such a disparity about range and expertise and such that the pvp battles are people with skills that are given in different combinations, but all skills have the same dimensions. Otherwise, there is always this screaming about one class being OP -- as I myself wanted to scream last night.
Your biggest problem should be gear right now if you are not 50 very long yet.
This game needs more Kel Dor!

Iamurfriend
02.23.2012 , 10:26 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
DPS Sorcs have the most cc by a wide margin over any other class in the game if spec'd for it. That is a fact. They have amazing AOE, at least as good as any other classes. Single burst isn't the best, but they can dish out some nasty single target damage if you are spec'd for insta cast with hybrid spec. They have a great way to get away from people as well as get the ball across the line for the game that needs it. Friendly pull, etc. I'm a Sorc, and I rolled one because I wanted to get in on the fun too, and boy is it fun.

6 second lockout on my interupt
Bubble shield that blinds upon breaking
Aoe knock back that roots
Insta cast 8 second cc that when broken upon damage stuns target for 2 seconds.
4 second stun that does damage
6 second slow that does damage
Force lighting, 4 ticks of damage that slows while casting
Force speed to create distance
And myriad if aoe spells all of which can be channeled or insta casted with frequent procs.

P.S. Nerf Mercs and Power techs.
Don't forget our ability to spec 31/31/31

/facepalm @ bads

mystbladex
02.23.2012 , 10:27 AM | #366
Just like everyone crys when me and my buddy go tag team the entire Warzone, we are the Sith Maurader twins ( we can never be stopped) because we both are "good" at our class and we both "focus" the same target we can kill anything together, even have intrup rotation and cc rotation going on so we know whats up and down.

Barzarel
02.23.2012 , 03:13 PM | #367
Yesterday i saw a sorcerer do 1mil damage and 2mil healing, he shot lightning out of his hands faster than "Drive angry" hit box sales, then he shot across the battle field with lightning speed at least for half and hour, he could bubble and take 20gcd downs on his shield.

OMG. then he knocked everyone back and rooted them for at least 20sec, he could fire of whirlwind at will, and stun people while doing damage, then when i thought i had him killed he instantly bubbled and healed up to max in 3sec. did i forgot to say he could AOE damage for 20k... omg....nerf...nerf..nerf!!!

/sarcasme of i think i heard just about everyone of them by now

danomight
02.23.2012 , 03:23 PM | #368
id be happy if ranged didnt automaticaly spin to hit you when you are in close. that is insanely cheap.

Lumanotti
02.26.2012 , 11:14 AM | #369
>>>>>

Lumanotti
02.26.2012 , 11:28 AM | #370