Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

savionen
02.21.2012 , 09:38 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
3500 damage is one hit

EHP doesnt mean a whole lot in a game with healers heal spamming. Not to mention, whats stopping anyone else from being bubbled by a sorc? thats 3500 extra damage everyone on the team has if its a heal speced sorc, and if its not then seriously one 3500 bubble is not going to save them from a good dps.

I say sorcs/sages are the most squishy because in my experience KILLING THEM, the only things that are a 'surer kill' if i get on them are snipers/gunslingers.
Then what is going to sage a sage/sorc from a good DPS? A sorc effectively has 25k hp with light armor over a fight with a melee class because of a pre-cast bubble and a bubble cast during combat. What skills are so much better? Seriously?

Sage/Sorc are easy to kill if they sit there and don't use any of their tools. I'll kill stupid ones on my Shadow, but the ones that use their abilities, are impossible to get to melee range and you're just snare/rooted the entire battle.

da_krall
02.21.2012 , 09:39 AM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
A "few good players". LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEKJS...ature=youtu.be

Now add instant cast dots/bubble, an instant proc, ALL INSTANT CAST and AUTOMATIC cc.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD SKILLLS. SO INTENSE. My german shepherd could play this class.
Lol, make one then you ****. This video has been made to show what the person who posted it wanted to show, He probably had videos of hundreds of waroznes until he got this one. The way he is completly ignored by the opposing faction and the rest of his team do terrible damage makes me think something strange was going on and this was setup.

If you take any other ranged DD class and they are ignored like in the video and have them spam a button they to would do average damage.

Elysion
02.21.2012 , 09:39 AM | #253
A "few good players". LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEKJS...ature=youtu.be

Now add instant cast dots/bubble, an instant proc, ALL INSTANT CAST and AUTOMATIC cc.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD SKILLLS. SO INTENSE. My german shepherd could play this class.
All im seeing in that video is the enemy team completely ignoring that sorc.

My MM sniper if left unharnessed could do the same thing only instead of 800-1k damage every 1 second tic i would be doing 2k-4k every GCD.

So yeah, if you ignore a ranged dps, it will ranged dps you, and eventually you will run out of hitpoints. I guess we better nerf it.

Bloodcharged
02.21.2012 , 09:40 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Aylisis View Post
They do NOT do less damage, if you think so your out of your mind! They can easily top the damage chart, provide protection, heal, and wear heavy armor. Oh and tracer, tracer, tracer dead. Move on and cycle again against a non interupt enemy,
If you are dying in the duration of 3 Tracer Missiles you must be wearing full greens. Man I wish my Merc had Force Speed equivalent and a ranged interrupt. Also, let my knockback root the target for a few seconds as well.

Redmarx
02.21.2012 , 09:43 AM | #255
Ask the top premades on your server what they think.

Only the pugging disorganised bad players cry about sorcs/sages.

Seriously, if you think sorcs/sages are OP, realise you're one of the 90% bad players out there and start on the path to improving, it's the only way you'll stop being terrible.

Jenrais
02.21.2012 , 09:45 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmarx View Post

Seriously, if you think sorcs/sages are OP, realise you're a bad player and start on the path to improving, it's the only way you'll stop being terrible.
This guy is pretty much the only one who made sense today lol.
"Some people think Im crazy for preordering CE VIP Edition." I tell them, "What else is new?"

biowareftw
02.21.2012 , 09:46 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodcharged View Post
If you are dying in the duration of 3 Tracer Missiles you must be wearing full greens. Man I wish my Merc had Force Speed equivalent and a ranged interrupt.
Or using his RANGED interupt on trace missile...

The poster is so clueless he prob doesn't even know what it does, and also fails to realize that the BH/Merc can't interrupt him back and has a cast time on his non stun cc...

If you die to a merc/commando on a sage/sorc just quit the game. You have 2 instant interupts (instant cast cc and ranged interrupt), on their tracer missile. You have passive dmg/heals (dots), they have none. You can LOS them and they do zero dmg, but your dots are still ticking away.

Want to know why noone besides bad sage/sorc cry about Mercs/commandos being OP? They aren't.

Hybrid spec sage/sorc are.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Elysion
02.21.2012 , 09:46 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
Then what is going to sage a sage/sorc from a good DPS? A sorc effectively has 25k hp with light armor over a fight with a melee class because of a pre-cast bubble and a bubble cast during combat. What skills are so much better? Seriously?

Sage/Sorc are easy to kill if they sit there and don't use any of their tools. I'll kill stupid ones on my Shadow, but the ones that use their abilities, are impossible to get to melee range and you're just snare/rooted the entire battle.
If you are a:

Marauder: They are also snared the entire fight, and you can leap to them if they manage to get ahead slightly (due to knockback), and force choke them if they try to force speed away. They aren't going anywhere.

Juggernaut: No contest they will be 100% controlled/unable to act effectively due to your two stuns, knockback, two interupts, and 2X use force leap, and perma-snare.

Any RDPS: Stun them if they force speed. Otherwise just los their casts and shoot them. Unless you are an arsenal merc or another sorc in which case i dont know, you are stuck in place. I guess just try and kill somebody else or sit there trading hitpoints for hitpoints. Super easy to kill as a MM sniper, they were my favorite targets since low armor meant i got to see the big flashy 4K+ crits landing on them.

Assassin: Between stuns stopping their force speed, and your own force speed, they arent getting anywhere. You have pretty much as much control as they do. And if they do decide to run AND you have already been fighting/chasing them for a while (so they should be hurt/low by thispoint) you have 3 ranged abilities you will get off on them (the third being force lightening which assassins can make 30m range with a cooldown)

Powertech: I have no idea what its like to play a powertech

Operative/scoundrel: You dont deserve to kill anything, ever.

Redmarx
02.21.2012 , 09:50 AM | #259
Or using his RANGED interupt on trace missile...

The poster is so clueless he prob doesn't even know what it does, and also fails to realize that the BH/Merc can't interrupt him back and has a cast time on his non stun cc...

If you die to a merc/commando on a sage/sorc just quit the game. You have 2 instant interupts (instant cast cc and ranged interrupt), on their tracer missile. You have passive dmg/heals (dots), they have none. You can LOS them and they do zero dmg, but your dots are still ticking away.

Want to know why noone besides bad sage/sorc cry about Mercs/commandos being OP? They aren't.

Hybrid spec sage/sorc are.
Please realise you're a bad player and start to improve yourself instead of flooding the forums with crying nonsense.

Sorcs/sages are mediocre in premade vs premade PVP. They are squishy and easy to kill, the good players are doing it all the time.

biowareftw
02.21.2012 , 09:51 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Redmarx View Post

Seriously, if you think sorcs/sages are OP, realise you're one of the 90% bad players out there and start on the path to improving, it's the only way you'll stop being terrible.
Yeah cus rolling a premade and stomping on pugs gives you much better insight...

Also because everyone in this game runs premades on voice com.

Also the "top premades" on my server are garbage. I have beaten them many times solo queuing. Why the hell would I ask a bunch of scrubnubs about class balance when they are forced to run premades against pugs to even compete in this game.

These "top premades" will suck when rateds come out and some of the better solo players (or players that play with 1 or 2 friends) form teams.

LOL at you.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)