Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

Abimelech's Avatar


Abimelech
02.20.2012 , 01:37 PM | #171
In the OP's defense I have seen an entire opposing team made up of Consulars and I've seen a whole team made up of nothing but Troopers.
CE VIP (Cheap Edition VIP)

Tsubodia's Avatar


Tsubodia
02.20.2012 , 01:39 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
Really, it's pointless to argue with players who are clearly biased (or just that oblivious to actual balance issues). I don't need to convince anyone when there's a 97 page, 1000+ post thread still active on the topic of Sages/Sorcs: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302206.

Why do you think that is? And what do you think is going to happen?

I'll give you a little hint - they are going to get nerfed.....hard - it's just a matter of time. Ok, maybe that was a huge hint, like blowing the surprise out of the story huge, like Dumbledore dying in Harry Potter.
a big thread of qq doesnt mean **** all. especially when 90% of the people posting in it have no clue what they are talking about.

why is it? its because the forum is full of bads who qq because they are bad. like yourself. Ive just been trained by a scoundral all *********** WZ eating 4k crits from stealth to have the ****er re-stealth and start again. anyone with a brain will insta gib a sorc or sage as they die stupidly fast. if your too bad to kill one thats your own fault.

they wont get nerfed. and they wont get nerfed "hard" at all as they are not imbalanced. if they where im balanced surely bioware would have done something by now.. like they did with scoundrel/op opening burst.

a good player will rip a sorc apart if they push them 1v1 and if you train one they drop in seconds. even as a sorc i can drop a sorc or sage pretty fast due to a lot of the playerbase being bads like you re rolling and thinking "hey im super op"

some of these posts infuriate me beyond all levels. If you really want some education go read tumri or tauri or whatever the **** his name is.. his ongoing thread. he at least has some abjectivity despite his overwealming bias but the rest of you qqers need either stop being bad. or **** and stop whining because your bad

Orangerascal's Avatar


Orangerascal
02.20.2012 , 03:49 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
Really, it's pointless to argue with players who are clearly biased (or just that oblivious to actual balance issues). I don't need to convince anyone when there's a 97 page, 1000+ post thread still active on the topic of Sages/Sorcs: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302206.

Why do you think that is? And what do you think is going to happen?

I'll give you a little hint - they are going to get nerfed.....hard - it's just a matter of time. Ok, maybe that was a huge hint, like blowing the surprise out of the story huge, like Dumbledore dying in Harry Potter.
Please, we're bioware's love child. How could they nerf a class played by 88% of the population. Come join us .
Lace - Sage / Fleet - Scoundrel / Vaine - Guardian - www.jedilace.com
<Sphinx> - Tomb of the Freedon Nadd

Cragen's Avatar


Cragen
02.20.2012 , 03:59 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
Really, it's pointless to argue with players who are clearly biased (or just that oblivious to actual balance issues). I don't need to convince anyone when there's a 97 page, 1000+ post thread still active on the topic of Sages/Sorcs: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=302206.

Why do you think that is? And what do you think is going to happen?

I'll give you a little hint - they are going to get nerfed.....hard - it's just a matter of time. Ok, maybe that was a huge hint, like blowing the surprise out of the story huge, like Dumbledore dying in Harry Potter.
Yet what I see in those posts is nothing but hyperbole and lack of evidence. The Sith Inquisitor being a popular base class for Imperials doesn't automatically make the class overpowered. But more that people love lightning and double bladed lightsabers. I mean Phantom Menace is terrible, yet people are running to see it again in 3D.

Kayse's Avatar


Kayse
02.20.2012 , 04:00 PM | #175
I really cannot find the problem with sages/sorcs. In fact if in find them the easiest, squishiest class to kill and they are far from OP in my personal opinion. I out dps every sage/sorc in 1 v 1 scenarios on both my BH and my Marauder and i can eat their shield in 1-2 hits..Its not op. Their damage is not op they just get high damage on the charts because they dot and aoe everyone. Then spam consumption or w.e it is (Life tap) then heal up for easy medals usually. They are extremely easy to interrupt since they rely on channels so much and are just so squishy. I find them to be weak in pvp and thats why im making an assassin. All because 6/8 of them are Sorc it doesn't mean they are OP, just OU.

It's an insanely simple class to play from what i have fought where even my sorc friends tell me its simple. You just throw dots and channels and pray no one interrupts you if you are trying to cast or try to kite as you get snared and destroyed.
The <Stormdust> Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Griever/Vasuki- Sentinel Gabranth - Marauder
Nizome - Vanguard Bebop - Mercenary Metraton - Shadow
(R60 1/14/12 R60 2/14/12 R60 4/26/12)

endikux's Avatar


endikux
02.20.2012 , 04:04 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by savionen View Post
Sorcerer/Sage is OP, everyone knows it. The only people that say otherwise play a Sorcerer/Sage, which also happens to be 50% of the population now.
Everyone does know this now. Even the people I knew who were arguing the opposite thing a month ago all agree that the Sorc/Sage are OP. The evidence is too blatant in front of everyone's nose.

Darth_Philar's Avatar


Darth_Philar
02.20.2012 , 04:05 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by endikux View Post
Everyone does know this now. Even the people I knew who were arguing the opposite thing a month ago all agree that the Sorc/Sage are OP. The evidence is too blatant in front of everyone's nose.
Nothing like hearsay and hyperbolic absolutes to give your post the appearance of validity, right?
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

Squatdog_nz's Avatar


Squatdog_nz
02.20.2012 , 04:13 PM | #178
Quote:
why is it? its because the forum is full of bads who qq because they are bad. like yourself. Ive just been trained by a scoundral all *********** WZ eating 4k crits from stealth to have the ****er re-stealth and start again. anyone with a brain will insta gib a sorc or sage as they die stupidly fast. if your too bad to kill one thats your own fault.
Put a single DoT on the Scoundrel/Operative and they can't vanish and restealth.

Stop being bad.

DarthValmar's Avatar


DarthValmar
02.20.2012 , 04:13 PM | #179
Im sorry but im playing the highly story focused mmo for the story. I wanted to be a sorc because I wanted the be the evil dark side force focused ******. bu hey don't worry dude, we are paying for it outside of pvp. I'm a dps sorc. in otherwords im 65% of my server. Do you know how hard it if for me to find a flashpoint group? it frekin sucks cuz dps sorc are a dime a dozen.

Kayse's Avatar


Kayse
02.20.2012 , 04:14 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Squatdog_nz View Post
Put a single DoT on the Scoundrel/Operative and they can't vanish and restealth.

Stop being bad.
Yes dot the invisible target that is now on the back of a light armor wearer who is being stabbed for absurd amounts of damage and somehow manage to throw a dot on them before they die and hope they can get away in time to kill them.
The <Stormdust> Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Griever/Vasuki- Sentinel Gabranth - Marauder
Nizome - Vanguard Bebop - Mercenary Metraton - Shadow
(R60 1/14/12 R60 2/14/12 R60 4/26/12)