Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Voidstar ties are determined. Answered!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Voidstar ties are determined. Answered!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GrantyJPS
02.22.2012 , 05:01 PM | #91
As I said on the last thread, we lost a game that we clearly won because both teams reached the core, we attacked 2nd and had 11 seconds left when we capped.

When we raised the ticket we were told this was a "new" issue and they'd look into it.

If it can give the wrong result when probably the 2nd most important win condition has been met (1st being the "points" you get for each door/bridge) then I have no confidence that there is decent code determining who wins when even more conditions are tied...

CrunchyGremlin
02.22.2012 , 05:14 PM | #92
Maybe... it remembers things from match to match that are not displayed on the end result...

Pulling it out of my *** here.
this picture..
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/5...2021623204.jpg

round 2: defender has no ojective points.
so that means that all the objective points were scored in round 1.
In round 2 the attackers never tried to plant.
attackers LOSE for lack of trying for objectives.

in this one the winners have more objective points.
http://i.imgur.com/s090x.jpg

My stab at this is this.
round 2 determines the winner. ties are given to the defender.
objective points are only generated by the defenders.
victory points are only generated by the attacker.
Its possible that the objectives points are averaged over all players on a team.

Is it possible that getting objective points makes you lose?
someone said this earlier sort of.

on a first foor tie the round2 defender has to score more objectives than the round1 defender for the *round 2* attacker to win?
The effect is that the objective points can not be milked.
I soloed Ilum completing all of the objectives.
30 sentinel ,40 Shadow, 18 Scoundrel
Why cant we win at WZ's Universe at war RPGPVP progression Re-install DX9 for better perf?

Ich_Bin
02.22.2012 , 05:31 PM | #93
I just came here to say that I find it hilarious that we even have to GUESS what the deciding factor in winning or losing is. Instead of Bioware just telling us. That leads me to believe they don't even know the answer themselves. Or the answer is too embarrassing to make public.

I can live with the idea that Voidstar draws are randomly decided by no apparent system. It's not all that important to me. But Bioware does look really bad in this regard.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewgal View Post
The trouble with PvP... fact and fantasy blur into what the player does believe.

Prophetic
02.22.2012 , 05:33 PM | #94
You know, I kind of just want to coordinate with the Imperials on our server, get on after prime time hours (when queues hardly pop), then have both sides queue premades at the same time....then have both sides afk through the whole WZ.

Wonder if it'd just randomly pick a winner if no one did anything?

Kyntari
02.22.2012 , 05:39 PM | #95
it's entirely possible the check goes something like this:

Code:
if (team1.score > team2.score)
   team1 wins
else
   team2 wins
end
... which would mean that in the event of a tie, team2 would always win, and whatever logic is employed to assign 'team1' and 'team2' would effectively determine the outcome of a tie before the match even starts

from here, it's not too far fetched that team1 and team2 might be assigned based on something purely arbitrary, such as first to enter warzone, or something equally stupid

no, i have no data of any kind to back this up, just speculating
Lithann | Operative | <Pkers> | P5

CrunchyGremlin
02.22.2012 , 05:41 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Prophetic View Post
You know, I kind of just want to coordinate with the Imperials on our server, get on after prime time hours (when queues hardly pop), then have both sides queue premades at the same time....then have both sides afk through the whole WZ.

Wonder if it'd just randomly pick a winner if no one did anything?
this is really the only way we will know.
would be usefull to see what is worth objective points by attacker or defender and how much.

I imagine once we know that we would find that all of the WZ's use the same idea.

The big difference in VS is taht its two rounds with a time to beat.
Why cant we win at WZ's Universe at war RPGPVP progression Re-install DX9 for better perf?

CrunchyGremlin
02.22.2012 , 05:50 PM | #97
Its also possible that the extra players are screwing up the scoring math.

KurleyKilla
02.22.2012 , 06:04 PM | #98
I figured it out!!!! In this situation whichever side I am not on, gets the win.

Seems legit..

JovethGonzalez
02.22.2012 , 06:16 PM | #99 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

CrunchyGremlin
02.22.2012 , 06:25 PM | #100
Wow.
Thanks!

Id say these guys are pretty forth coming with information in comparison to say DAOC and some other games.