Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Voidstar ties are determined. Answered!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Voidstar ties are determined. Answered!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ashania
02.19.2012 , 02:12 AM | #1
Joveth gave us the true deciding factor on page 10:

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

-------------------

I can't imagine noone has done this before, but with many people still confused as to how ties are solved in Voidstar, myself included; I have an official response on the matter.

The first time I sent an email asking this question I received this response:

Quote:
I am Protocol Droid B6-F7 of Human-Cyborg Relations.

I have received your transmission regarding how are draws determined in Voidstar.

Please note that there are no draws in Voidstar. There can only be one winning side. The winner is determined by whichever side reaches the data core the fastest.
Not helpful at all. (Everything i've ever sent an email/ticket about has always either not been an answer to the question, or a completely unrelated answer) So I then decided to reply, my first enquiry was clear enough, but this time I emphasised certain keywords and finally came back with this response:

Quote:

I am Protocol Droid A0-H0 of Human-Cyborg Relations.

We have received your transmission regarding with your question on who will win if both teams did not open the first door during Voidstar. If both teams did not manage to open the first door then the team with most objective points wins.
So, the winner of ties is determined by who has the most accumulative objective points. So none of this 'those who attack first win' etc.

Now another question, how are objective points gained in Voidstar if you don't plant/disarm bombs? Killing people at the doors/attempting to plant?

Adzzy
02.19.2012 , 02:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashania View Post
Now another question, how are objective points gained in Voidstar if you don't plant/disarm bombs? Killing people at the doors/attempting to plant?
Interrupting ppl trying to plant...

Quite possibly the dumbest tie breaker system ever...you lose, because you try...

Basically the team that almost gets there but gets interrupted at the end, or even plants a bomb that gets defused etc loses...because they're actually making an effort to try and break the door....
Keys are lame

BaalsMistress
02.19.2012 , 09:09 AM | #3
Looking at this recently posted screenshot, the official response is wrong too

Voidstar Defeat Picture

Raggok
02.19.2012 , 09:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Adzzy View Post

Quite possibly the dumbest tie breaker system ever...you lose, because you try...

Basically the team that almost gets there but gets interrupted at the end, or even plants a bomb that gets defused etc loses...because they're actually making an effort to try and break the door....
Okay, that makes sense. I was wondering how the hell we were losing "tie" matches where we had planted a bomb but the enemy had not.

Horrible.
Check out my SWTOR PvP movies.
Follow me on Twitter for updates

svartalfimposter
02.19.2012 , 09:43 AM | #5
I would like to be able to see objective points as I play.
Quote: Originally Posted by killgorde
a great PvP game requires the devs only to facilitate and improve the environment within which the players themselves create their own content.

Sookster
02.19.2012 , 09:44 AM | #6
Every voidstar tie I've been in, the team with the most total kills are the ones that wins.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

Nangasaur
02.19.2012 , 09:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsMistress View Post
Looking at this recently posted screenshot, the official response is wrong too

Voidstar Defeat Picture
Are they EVER right?
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Laoi
02.19.2012 , 09:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sookster View Post
Every voidstar tie I've been in, the team with the most total kills are the ones that wins.
this. kills is only thing that matters in a tie. funny how we know the game better than biofail.

Ashania
02.19.2012 , 11:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Are they EVER right?
Ha, seems not!

Given the first response I got I don't think they can even comprehend that ties can happen. To them, everyone is reaching the datacore!

Sabbathius
02.19.2012 , 11:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Adzzy View Post

Classic Bioware!

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.