Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Last boss of FE = worst design I've ever seen

Karkais
02.19.2012 , 04:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by hulkweazel View Post
We tried this four times. With a Marauder, Assassin and Sorc using their knockback abilities plus the use of grenades it wasn't enough unless I deliberately went extremely close to the ledge.

For all those saying I'm just whining, do you honestly think it's working as intended for someone that falls off the ledge to be zoned out plus miss out on completing quests/getting loot, especially when the mechanics of the boss means you have to risk doing so? And I wouldn't be nearly is ticked off if the first 90% of the fight wasn't a complete and utter joke.
Step 1: tank him at the stairs with everyone having their backs to the wall

step 2: when he hits about 15% hp (switch target information on in settings), stop dps, tank pull him to one of the pillars on the bridge, have tank with their back towards a pillar so malgus is standing in front of the pit. Everyone else except the tank stay far enough away so that his knockback wont hit you if it hits the tank.

step 3: resume dps

step 4: when he is at 10% hp, he says "your fleet is doomed", your grenades become usable. Hit him with 2 at the same time.

step 5: collect loot.

ps. What you are saying about people getting knocked off the ledge and not being able to enter, you are correct. That is wrong, and bugged and all that. Bioware needs to fix that. They can attempt to enter, but the game will kick them out. Fix it Bioware!
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

hulkweazel
02.19.2012 , 10:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Step 1: tank him at the stairs with everyone having their backs to the wall

step 2: when he hits about 15% hp (switch target information on in settings), stop dps, tank pull him to one of the pillars on the bridge, have tank with their back towards a pillar so malgus is standing in front of the pit. Everyone else except the tank stay far enough away so that his knockback wont hit you if it hits the tank.

step 3: resume dps

step 4: when he is at 10% hp, he says "your fleet is doomed", your grenades become usable. Hit him with 2 at the same time.

step 5: collect loot.

ps. What you are saying about people getting knocked off the ledge and not being able to enter, you are correct. That is wrong, and bugged and all that. Bioware needs to fix that. They can attempt to enter, but the game will kick them out. Fix it Bioware!
Thank you for your detailed explanation. This does help a lot, there seems to be a few steps that we missed although none of it really seems intuitive (ie. you have to look it up to know what you're doing) which is just as much of a flaw in the boss fight.

As for everyone else, screw you. It's funny how yet again you guys blame the tank when it's just as much everyone else's fault in the party.

Fumanchu_Fow
02.19.2012 , 11:53 PM | #23
Thank you for your detailed explanation. This does help a lot, there seems to be a few steps that we missed although none of it really seems intuitive (ie. you have to look it up to know what you're doing) which is just as much of a flaw in the boss fight.

As for everyone else, screw you. It's funny how yet again you guys blame the tank when it's just as much everyone else's fault in the party.
If the tank is the ******* getting knocked off I'm gonna blame the tank. If it's the dps I'm gonna blame the dps. Who should we blame for your mistake? The cat?

Bladedakoda
02.20.2012 , 12:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Fumanchu_Fow View Post
If the tank is the ******* getting knocked off I'm gonna blame the tank. If it's the dps I'm gonna blame the dps. Who should we blame for your mistake? The cat?
Pretty much this, i love that fight.

hulkweazel
02.20.2012 , 02:18 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Fumanchu_Fow View Post
Did you not bother to read anything I wrote? I followed the instructions of someone who ran it before. All three other players on my team also got knocked off in some of our other tries. It's their role to knock him off, yet each time they were busy DPSing and getting him enraged.

Yet it's my fault that we failed the first several times, it's my fault that I tried something different.

Kakachan
02.20.2012 , 02:32 AM | #26
So we fought him on HM, and the first 90% of the fight isn't even a challenge. I'm decently geared but nothing amazing, but he could barely touch me the entire time. Last 10% is ridiculously stupid though as it takes precise positioning and timing, and if you mess up, you now have to sit through another borefest of a fight to get back to that point. Not to mention the worst part of it all, if you fall off the ledge, no credit for the quest. Which is a real pain for tanks because the only way we could get to the point where we could knock him off was if I ran near the edge and risked getting pushed over, which was exactly what happened to me.

Seriously, change this fight. this is terrible design.
I think it is one of the few fun fights in entire game..., Also you dont need to get him to edge, you can kick him even he is in the middle of bridge with these bombs that you loot before fight.

Maaitz
02.20.2012 , 02:43 AM | #27
IMO Malgus is my favorite FP boss. I killed him like 10 times and never had a problem with being knocked off the ledge. You just have to be more careful when bringing him down for final knock back - move to the side of the stairs before moving down.

Near the ledge there are a few additional steps down. Don't go there, grenades and push backs should be enough to push him off the edge, instead position yourself, so his knockback doesn't throw you down.

Edit: For easy pull @15% I save both my taunts (slacking party members on stairs can be a pain), First I use AOE taunt, run down, then use my second taunt when I'm down the stairs.
"The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side."

reaperkeepet
02.20.2012 , 03:02 AM | #28
Sry but. I must ask, FE? Which one is that?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

FalmeseReb
02.20.2012 , 03:04 AM | #29
The entire fight is SO EASY. Theres nothing wrong with it. if anything it should be made harder.

Battilea
02.20.2012 , 03:07 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by reaperkeepet View Post
Sry but. I must ask, FE? Which one is that?
False Emperor.