Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How did the Sith get defeated after the Old Republic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How did the Sith get defeated after the Old Republic?

Icebergy
02.19.2012 , 02:26 PM | #11
Read The Darth Bane Trilogy, it explains all that. It is also a very good read.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

TalkingDinosaur
02.19.2012 , 02:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
During this SWTOR, the Sith are so powerful.

How did the Sith get defeated until Epi 1 where they only had 2 Sith left?

Thanks!
If you play the Sith Warrior storyline you will probably notice you kill more Sith than Jedi.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Morticoccus
02.19.2012 , 02:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TalkingDinosaur View Post
If you play the Sith Warrior storyline you will probably notice you kill more Sith than Jedi.
Also, capturing that first storyline jedi for torture by your master is a light side option, whereas giving her a quick death like she wants is a dark side option?

Yeah, that's fair, especially since you know what he'll probably do to her =p
When all is said and done we're not the only ones who look at life this way: That's what the Sith lords say.
And if they'd ever change as that reminds to say. But every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun. If I thought that I was crazy well I guess I'd have more fun.

lord-durpp
02.20.2012 , 12:15 AM | #14
just saying, this empire died off at least 1,000 years before darth bane...

Dire-Wolf
02.20.2012 , 12:59 AM | #15
Here's a better question: How does the Republic get defeated in the Old Republic?

We know the Republic loses, else it wouldn't be known as the Old Republic. Old Republic implies that the Republic was destroyed and a new one, the one we see in episodes 1 - 3, took its place. Before you argue that it's just called the Old Republic because it happened 3000 years before the films and so is pretty old keep in mind that the Republic in the Old Republic has been around for 20,000 years but they don't refer to the Republic that existed thousands of years before them as the Old Republic. The fact that there's a distinction between the Old Republic and the new Republic we see in the films implies that something happened to interupt the life cycle of the original Republic, it didn't just carry on straight up to the films.

Ausstig
02.20.2012 , 05:09 AM | #16
It's not entirely impossible, though unlikely, that the Empire may conquer the Republic and then become 'Normanised'. For those who do not understand, after the Normans' conquered england they intermarried with the locals and were assimilated into the Anglo-Saxon culture.

So it is possible the Empire wins the war an loses the peace, so to speak. Basically Sith win, then through both their own infighting and jedi actions, are destroyed, Imperial citizens, join the Republic and a generation or two later they are fully assimilated into the Republic.

Thus explaining why the Empire has a Corusant accent, and that their raceism, which according to the OFFICIAL Atlas, was part of Core culture for millennium.
Have Force lightning will travel

Twaggy
02.20.2012 , 06:43 AM | #17
Read the Darth Bane series, infact you only need to read the first book (which is AWESOME) and it explains how it all happened. By the way, the first book actually is also a prequel to the Dark Forces Trilogy with Kyle Katarn... so read those too! lol
Mask of Nihilus Server Facebook Group - A place to find new friends, join guilds, find groups, learn of server events and most of all to have fun with YOUR community!

Rayla_Felana
02.20.2012 , 10:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by J-Sheridan View Post
Sith are stupid. Simple as that really.
Tell that to Darth Sidious, he played the Republic, the CIS and the Jedi Order all at the sametime and made a mockery of them all and then built the most efficient Galactic civilization ever.

Tovenar
02.20.2012 , 10:47 AM | #19
All the foreshadowing is there. The Sith are defeated, but the empire becomes the republic we know.

Laser colors! Its all about the laser colors!
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

-Darth Helmet

ZettaZonvolt
02.20.2012 , 10:57 AM | #20
Galactic Republic (the one that appears after TOR).
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Republic

Our Sith Empire.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_...Hyperspace_War)

Compare the symbols.

Now look at the symbol for the current Republic in TOR.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...TORkit.svg.png

It doesn't take a genius to see that the Sith Empire is probably not gonna be beaten.
Alright! Back to Sith business, grrr!