Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

40+ Minute Wait

Dakhari
12.15.2011 , 07:40 PM | #1
40+ minute wait on a server which my pre-launch guild was placed. It's not feasible to simply create a new character on another server.

The ball was really dropped on this one. I get home from work, take care of dinner, do what needs to be done around the house and want to play my new game. Uh, I don't think so... how about a nice 40-minute wait. Ridiculous. Why even allow pre-launch server placement if you're going to do it so damn poorly.

CaptEric
12.15.2011 , 07:45 PM | #2
Yeah, this is major BS. I was just playing, lightning struck outside, and I temporarily lost my wireless connection. Now I am trying yo join the server again, and there is a 35 minute queue???!!!??? ***!! I paid good money for this game, now I have to wait 35 minutes to get back in??? If this keeps up, I will not likely be subscribing. Unbelievable!!

DutchJack
12.15.2011 , 07:48 PM | #3
Settle down guys, there's a lot of people logging into the servers, and a server can only take so much stress. If they didn't limit it, the game would be unplayable.

Waiting times are rarely as long as they are advertised to be, and they won't be as prominent a week after launch. It's just that everyone's playing at the same time now, giving the servers a much larger load than they would normally have.

mmjarec
12.15.2011 , 07:48 PM | #4
nobody cares about queues when people cant even play because of emails not being sent correctly despite waves being let in that are way past your code entry date.. so.. some of us would be happy to sit in a queue, stop complaining at least you are lucky enough to be able to get a queue. SOME OF US DONT EVEN HAVE EMAILS YET THAT SHOULD. csrs are over burdened and you just make it worse by whining about trivial crap..

if the waiting is that bad, then moving will be feasible. you want your cake to be fed to you with a silver spoon while someone wipes your butt and tells you bedtime stories?. you are gonna get no sympathy from csrs or anyone who is actually getting shafted.

Aieny
12.15.2011 , 07:48 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakhari View Post
40+ minute wait on a server which my pre-launch guild was placed. It's not feasible to simply create a new character on another server.

The ball was really dropped on this one. I get home from work, take care of dinner, do what needs to be done around the house and want to play my new game. Uh, I don't think so... how about a nice 40-minute wait. Ridiculous. Why even allow pre-launch server placement if you're going to do it so damn poorly.
BioWare is well aware of queues; in fact, they anticipated them. In some cases, server capacity is kept intentionally low to help spread out the population. At this point, nearly every pre-order is in the game, and BioWare has opened several new servers today.

Paralassa
12.15.2011 , 07:51 PM | #6
Hi there!

While we understand your frustration, there is an active discussion thread for this issues with queues:

45 Minute Queue - Really!?

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!