Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware spent large amounts of money on this game. Why are they so lazy?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware spent large amounts of money on this game. Why are they so lazy?

rlpirate's Avatar


rlpirate
02.18.2012 , 12:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OklahomaSooner View Post
EA rushed the game to be released several months ahead of time so they could milk the extra sales they could get if it was released around Christmas time.

EA did the same thing to Warhammer Online so it could be released in tandem with WOTLK.

The PvP team at Warhammer Online was full of *********** morons - they redid endgame PvP around 7 times and made it worse every single time. The lead man for that, Gabe Jiggalo is here now.

Play the game for the story and leveling - the part Bioware does well.
game had more then 5 years to stew, that doesnt sound rushed to me. Wait any longer and this game would have died in development.
Swtor needs more pvp

BoredOfMMOS's Avatar


BoredOfMMOS
02.18.2012 , 12:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryphandor View Post
I do not blame Bioware for anything.

I blame EA....

EA is the reason this game was even released in this unfinished state. This bugged unfinished form that many people form exploit or use 3rd party programs to Hack and destroy the enjoyment of other players in the game world.
in no way shape or form should BW get off Scot free.
i will miss you Swtor
But your not my mmo home.

schwiz's Avatar


schwiz
02.18.2012 , 12:31 PM | #13
Based on the interview where they say the dev team went straight from release to continued development, I assume that most of them are burnt out and needed a short vacation.

BoredOfMMOS's Avatar


BoredOfMMOS
02.18.2012 , 12:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by schwiz View Post
Based on the interview where they say the dev team went straight from release to continued development, I assume that most of them are burnt out and needed a short vacation.
oh sure they can have a short vacation as long as im not charged any money during that time.

No they cannot have a break with a MMORPG this isnt a single player game
i will miss you Swtor
But your not my mmo home.

patatt's Avatar


patatt
02.18.2012 , 12:39 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by rlpirate View Post
game had more then 5 years to stew, that doesnt sound rushed to me. Wait any longer and this game would have died in development.
you're very wrong about this, which is exactly why Diablo 3 will be a much more successful game than this. I don't mind waiting for something good, and although I still don't have a release date for D3, It is something that I will not hesitate to purchase on the day of release.

Why? Because it will be brilliant. Why? Because Blizzard is taking it's time and very carefully making sure things are perfect.

BinxDarkstar's Avatar


BinxDarkstar
02.18.2012 , 12:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BoredOfMMOS View Post
LOL troll can you leave? Hippocrates make me laugh
Ancient Greek doctors make you laugh? I believe the word you are looking for is "hypocrites"

patatt's Avatar


patatt
02.18.2012 , 12:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BinxDarkstar View Post
Ancient Greek doctors make you laugh? I believe the word you are looking for is "hypocrites"
No no no, he was talking about large crates, filled with hippos...

*giggles at the sight of such a ridiculous image*

rlpirate's Avatar


rlpirate
02.18.2012 , 12:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by patatt View Post
you're very wrong about this, which is exactly why Diablo 3 will be a much more successful game than this. I don't mind waiting for something good, and although I still don't have a release date for D3, It is something that I will not hesitate to purchase on the day of release.

Why? Because it will be brilliant. Why? Because Blizzard is taking it's time and very carefully making sure things are perfect.
do some research. 2006/2007 they started up and the game was released in late 2011(basicly 2012). Give me a break.
Swtor needs more pvp

patatt's Avatar


patatt
02.18.2012 , 12:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by rlpirate View Post
do some research. 2006/2007 they started up and the game was released in late 2011(basicly 2012). Give me a break.
Give you a break about what? How D3 has been in production for a longer period of time and yet is not released yet, even though it is a much simpler game in concept? Diablo 3 has been under development since 2001. That's 11 years. You don't even know what you mean when you say the words "do some research."

How about you give me a break?

I'm sorry if you enjoy the fact that EA took something you respect and care about in the Star Wars theme and rushed it. I personally revel in the fact that Blizzard does not subscribe to that business model, which is why they have so many loyal customers.

DragonAgeOrgins's Avatar


DragonAgeOrgins
02.18.2012 , 12:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryphandor View Post
I do not blame Bioware for anything.

I blame EA....

EA is the reason this game was even released in this unfinished state. This bugged unfinished form that many people form exploit or use 3rd party programs to Hack and destroy the enjoyment of other players in the game world.
How much time did they need exactly to release this game, they were going release it six months before they actually did. They said targeting a spring release date and pushed that back. I'm glad I got to play it. But I think they should brought in expert's to work on it 24/7. I don't know how much time they spent on it.

Maybe it's because the engine is so buggy. As they said when they released it, it will likely never be completley finished. I just wish like rift they offered thing's to do other then warzone and do your missions. I currently have a level 44, and a level 50 and I cannot stand to level up again. Same reason warcraft is sinking.