Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Excessive trash mobs

02.18.2012 , 12:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by genpion View Post
Yes. I would like to have a respawn rate of about 2 or 5 seconds for everything; I am serious.

Hence I propose a floating point XP multiplier from 0 to 10 for the gained XP.
And make the mobs passive until attacked by the player.
When XP are needed, the player can still fight mobs.
But when I want to travel from A to B I want to do it quickly.

Why is the current state or good enough better than better ?
How do the failures of other games improve or redeem SWTOR ?
All mobs being passive makes no sense. Your enemies wouldn't just let you walk past so you can set up in the most advantageous position to fight them.

02.18.2012 , 12:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TyHeaton View Post
All mobs being passive makes no sense. Your enemies wouldn't just let you walk past so you can set up in the most advantageous position to fight them.
I am fighting most of the time in the most advantageous position; as far as the cover system of my Agent allows it.

This game is already totally unrealistic.
An entire planet but enemies stand there lined up every 30 meters ?
You fight 4 enemies but would loose without your (one and only) companion; how true to the heroic storyline where you decimate entire armies.
Cities of millions of inhabitants that you can cross it in 2 boring minutes by running ?

This game is all about the fun for the player and the technical and artistic constraints.

02.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #23
My character is a stealth class, and just thinking of all the mobs I stealth past makes me a little less excited about leveling up my non-stealth alts.

I don't mind fighting my way to a quest objective, and will usually kill all the required mobs and then some, but once I am done with a quest and the multi-stage bonuses I want to be, well, DONE. And with stealth, I am done -- I just slip right out past all the mobs that respawned in the few minutes since I killed them on the way in. Despite this, I am still overleveled and have plenty of credits and commendations.

Of course, there is always quick travel, but I usually have several quests to do in an area so I'd just have to double back, plus I couldn't use it after every "go through narrow tunnels and kill everything" quest due to the cooldown.

I do understand why respawn timers are so short, since if you have only one or two other players in the same quest area it is needed. The problem is, about 90% of the time after the first few planets, there is no one questing near me so I get all the mobs to myself.

02.18.2012 , 02:30 PM | #24
I look at "trash mobs" as a speed bump or time sink in this game. I say this for the fact that the leveling curve is very shallow for a newly relesed game. Most realease with a sharper curve to get a bit of lead time and cushion in development then shallow curve over time.
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by pauloleson

02.21.2012 , 11:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDemens View Post
It doesn't need to be 30-40 minutes.

7-10 would be enough that I don't feel like I'm clearing out the exact same group on the same mission, but should still be short enough to not let people ghost it on someone else's work.
Would like to wait for 10 to 15 minutes to get exp? people would be like they were in the beginning of the game camping the bigger mobs and bosses for exp.
A possible solution could be the higher level you become the longer it takes the mob to aggro. Kinda like the stleath mode. example time is flexible your 1 level higher than the mob it takes say 3 seconds before they aggro and so on.
try running through the mobs yeah they may come after you for a bit but if you turn your companion on to follow you out run just about anything.

when indoubt ,over matched, or just plain bored (RUN AWAY!!)

02.21.2012 , 12:00 PM | #26
Agreed... I don't think I could play through the game again with a character that didn't have stealth, to get past the tons and tons of trash mobs!

02.21.2012 , 12:06 PM | #27
A possible solution could be the higher level you become the longer it takes the mob to aggro. Kinda like the stleath mode.
That already happens. At 50 you can speeder through just about any of the planets without anyone aggroing.

02.21.2012 , 12:08 PM | #28
If they didn't have an abundance of random trash mobs how would BW artifically increase the total play time of the game?

02.21.2012 , 12:27 PM | #29
This whole thread is a joke, right? I mean I must be missing sarcasm or something here.. Yeah, that's it. You are all being sarcastic. Ok. I will join in.

Message Follows.

Yeah, totally. They should make all mobs only attack you if you attack them. I mean really, this game is uber unrealistic that an imperial soldier would attack a Jedi, right? So let's make them all passive so that I can just run into their base and plant some bombs. If I want to fight them, I'll attack them myself! Umm.. And they should each give me some chocolate cake when I walk by them.

As for the need for XP.. I think it would be much more exciting for a player if we went around looking for little cakes labled "Eat Me" so that we can just immediately grow big and strong without any effort. That would make the game so much more fun.

I think we need to institute silver platters into the game, so that everything can be handed to us on them.

Seriously, folks. This is what you sound like. Mobs are going to be Aggro, and they are going to respawn quickly enough that other players have something to fight off. This is the nature of gaming. You are never going to be able to just run past mobs without being attacked unless you happen to be a stealth class. If that's what you want, might I suggest rolling a stealther? Otherwise, as a previous poster said, Deal with it.

02.21.2012 , 12:28 PM | #30
How are things time sinks when the game lvls so fast anyways.
The xp rate is so fast in this game why would u think there time sinks at all

I guess this is same group of people who say lvl is a grind. That is the game