Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Excessive trash mobs

WhoTookMyName
02.18.2012 , 11:17 AM | #11
It is a total buzz kill when you have to take an hour just to collect your rewards and turn in your quests cause you constantly have to fight your way to access the Quest Givers and turn in your rewards.
I like Star Wars!

DarthDemens
02.18.2012 , 11:26 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by rigormortua View Post
Ithink the rapid respawn time is for the other players coming into the area. I have seen this way too many times where you have been fighting a mob only to have another toon jump through and start clearing out an area where you playing.
Yeah it can be a trouble thing when your questing but remember would like to wait 30 to 40 minutes before the spawn you need comes back?? remember others are leveling too and need drops for cash plus exp.
It doesn't need to be 30-40 minutes.

7-10 would be enough that I don't feel like I'm clearing out the exact same group on the same mission, but should still be short enough to not let people ghost it on someone else's work.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

PuntaSur
02.18.2012 , 11:29 AM | #13
The planning meeting must have gone something like this...

"How can we slow down their progression through the content while keeping it somewhat immersive?"

"Increase npc spawn rates and add airlocks to the travel experience"

"BRILLIANT!!! They'll love it too"

blackdots
02.18.2012 , 11:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by PuntaSur View Post
The planning meeting must have gone something like this...

"How can we slow down their progression through the content while keeping it somewhat immersive?"

"Increase npc spawn rates and add airlocks to the travel experience"

"BRILLIANT!!! They'll love it too"
I suspect the problem has more to do with lack of coordination between developers working on planet content. Some devs create as if it's a stand-alone adventure, forgetting that the player has already fought through waves of boring trash mobs on other planets. Significantly, however, some dungeons seem to "get it" by making the mobs easier to avoid. I always love those.

blackdots
02.18.2012 , 11:57 AM | #15
Seriously, Alderaan is just awful. Every quest (especially in the inquisitor chain) is non-stop boring trash mobs every few feet.

TyHeaton
02.18.2012 , 12:02 PM | #16
1. If the respawns were any lower there would be people complaining that their quest mobs were overfarmed and they had to wait around for them to respawn.

2. A lot of players don't realize what a sizeable chunk of your overall XP just killing mobs to get from A to B amounts to. Reducing the amount you'd have to fight would likely gimp you by several levels and make content harder, which would result in more whining.

3. Deal with it. Rift was way worse.

Traumahawk
02.18.2012 , 12:07 PM | #17
Just add a back door. Problem solved.

Itukaaj
02.18.2012 , 12:11 PM | #18
Since other people play in the world the respawn timers are set for them not you. The good news Bioware stated prelaunch that they can track these things. I think that these timers will get modified based on where they track populations. But given other more pressing items this is a pretty low priority and it looks like it hasn't really inhibited people from leveling at a good pace.

It's good feedback but it is not reasonable to expect a prompt change. But I think they appreciate the feedback.

blackdots
02.18.2012 , 12:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TyHeaton View Post
1. If the respawns were any lower there would be people complaining that their quest mobs were overfarmed and they had to wait around for them to respawn.

2. A lot of players don't realize what a sizeable chunk of your overall XP just killing mobs to get from A to B amounts to. Reducing the amount you'd have to fight would likely gimp you by several levels and make content harder, which would result in more whining.

Awful arguments, seriously.

With (2), there are lots of other ways to get XP without trash mobs; e.g., pvp, heroics, flashpoints, etc.

With (3), we needn't take seriously an argument that goes "Game A was just as annoying and poorly designed, so what are you complaining about?"

genpion
02.18.2012 , 12:13 PM | #20
Yes. I would like to have a respawn rate of about 2 or 5 seconds for everything; I am serious.

Hence I propose a floating point XP multiplier from 0 to 10 for the gained XP.
And make the mobs passive until attacked by the player.
When XP are needed, the player can still fight mobs.
But when I want to travel from A to B I want to do it quickly.

Why is the current state or good enough better than better ?
How do the failures of other games improve or redeem SWTOR ?