Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

unable to retrieve patch data ....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
unable to retrieve patch data ....

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Banjoo
12.15.2011 , 07:28 PM | #1
I got an invite for the pre release like we all do but i cant connect for some reason :s
My launcher keeps saying "unable to retrieve patch data Please check network connection"

As you can probably see i have network connection cause otherwise this aint showing up on the forums

I tryd manny things starting as administrator shutdown all firewalls etc etc ..

But no succes O.o i played the beta and didnt get anny problem with this ...

Does Somoene know the answer or annything to fix this problem ?
And i am not the only person having this problem...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...562#post297562

Cheers
and /hug for the person who finds the problem ^^

Banjoo
12.16.2011 , 05:14 AM | #2
Bump !!!

Strumpan_SWE
12.16.2011 , 05:16 AM | #3
what launcher do you have?

if its not the latest you might wanna download the new one.

Dont know if thats the problem tho
[Lightsaberhilt]----------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally Posted by Biggrouse View Post
7/10. it's a great lightsaber.
Quote: Originally Posted by SandmanJoe View Post
In the late 70's there were no VCRs, that's a blue ray player for anyone under 13 LOL.

Banjoo
12.16.2011 , 06:05 AM | #4
I have the most recent downloader but no succes unfortionatly :S

Banjoo
12.18.2011 , 04:08 PM | #5
SWTOR works at my home but doesnt work at my studentshome ....
Reason unknown ...
I have internet buth for some bizare reason i get an error unable to retrieve patch data ....
It doesnt need to patch normally cause i played like 50 min ago at home ...

draxtar
12.18.2011 , 04:11 PM | #6
Try the link in my signature, hope it helps.

Summup of big threads, check it out.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43860

Xaryell
12.18.2011 , 04:47 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Banjoo,

If you are having issues downloading the game client through the launcher, please check the following:
  1. You may need to allow the launcher (launcher.exe) and game client (swtor.exe) to communicate through your firewall. Please see here for further information on how to configure your firewall.

2. Anti-Virus software can also cause issues launching the game. There are a number of different anti-virus software variations out there, so we’ve included some general steps below that might help:
    • Open up your Anti-virus software menu and check that ‘swtor.exe’ and ‘launcher.exe’ are NOT in a quarantine list or deletion list.
    • Add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your anti-virus ‘safelist’.
    If you are unsure on how to perform either of the above steps then you should contact the manufacturer of your Anti-Virus software.

3. Occasionally you might find that your router set-up might be affecting your ability to access the game. You may need to open specific ports which are needed by Star Wars: The Old Republic. The port numbers which are needed by Star Wars: The Old Republic can be found here.

4. If you utilise a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Options.

5. If you are working from a LAN(Local Area Network) for example on a College Campus, please check with the provider to make sure the connection will allow communication between the client and servers. If you have recently been connected to a LAN network using a Proxy Server and are now no longer working from this you will need to disable the proxy settings:
    1. Open the Control Panel
    2. Click on Network and Internet
    3. Select Internet Options
    4. Select the Connections Tab
    5. Click the LAN settings button
    6. Tick the box to Automatically detect settings
    7. Click ok to accept your changes

6. Close down any unnecessary applications that may be running in the background. You can check the applications tab and processes tab in Task Manager to see what programs are currently running and close them from there.

7. Please be aware that simultaneously downloading large amounts of data while trying to download the client may lead to a reduction in the speed of the download. Please try disabling any applications which may be utilizing excessive amounts of your bandwidth.
I hope this helps.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Banjoo
12.18.2011 , 06:43 PM | #8
Thx for the reply S1-W7,

Everything u said checked and double checked but not

Quote: Originally Posted by S1-W7 View Post

Occasionally you might find that your router set-up might be affecting your ability to access the game. You may need to open specific ports which are needed by Star Wars: The Old Republic. The port numbers which are needed by Star Wars: The Old Republic can be found here.

If you utilise a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Options.
I should point out i cant acces the router. Every room/person has he's own login and password . I am not an admin.
But doesnt every router forward all those ports ? Would be strange that this router doesnt forward it. And every other 1 does.
I Played the Beta at my Studenthome without a problem.
Then the launcher didnt have this problem and nothing has been done to the internet since :s
Mbe in the full release of the game it uses different ports ?
I would like to fix this really badly
i am 5 days here and 2 days at home in the weekend so.

angelofazrael
12.20.2011 , 05:19 PM | #9
I have been having this problem also, and weird thing is, its something with my computer. I have a laptop also that can connect and download the patch and everything, but my desktop can't for some reason. My laptop is a toshiba satellite, but my desktop is a custom build. So for some reason I can't get it to do the patch. Any info on that would be cool.

DarthDexter
12.21.2011 , 02:41 AM | #10
Same problem, checked all the possiable reasons ( Firewall, router, etc. )
All the previous patches was downloaded without any problem. My 2 guildmates also can't patch it!