Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

3/36 BM tokens per bags opened , 25% out of what, 1000!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
3/36 BM tokens per bags opened , 25% out of what, 1000!!!!

Quantum's Avatar


Quantum
02.18.2012 , 10:36 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Killamanjaroo View Post
Terrible system, very demoralizing too see new BMs with full gear and me at almost 65 with one piece.

Check your logs on my character to see how flawed this system is. This is not progression at all.

The fact that a BW dev can sit there and generate a 1000 BM bags does not translate to a player getting 2 per day.

Again, check your logs on my toon. Killamanajaroo@The Fatman.

I even put in a petition to get a refund on my one BM piece so I can buy something else and feel like I am progressing.
It's 25% of infinity, which is still infinity. See there is no set quantitative limit on the number of bags possible in the system, so you can't pull a real sample size. What you have to look at is 25% chance to get a token means a 75% chance you won't. So in reality 2 out of a billion would still fall in the 25% range.

Crowleyz's Avatar


Crowleyz
02.18.2012 , 10:40 AM | #22
Thought we were past chance-based PvP gear at the end of 2008. Guess releasing a game at present standards it nothing something they see as important.

However, changes are coming! In only 1 month? ....

azmundai's Avatar


azmundai
02.18.2012 , 10:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by svartalfimposter View Post
It is my opiniion that CHANCE based systems are the result of simple minded, idiotic design.
It is my opinion that lolz enrage timers are the result of simple minded, idiotic design.

One more and it's a trend.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

Nangasaur's Avatar


Nangasaur
02.18.2012 , 11:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Blazzen View Post
Your thread title is misleading. 25% of 1000 would be 250 BM commendations.
Only if it's guaranteed.

But percentage chance applies each time a new bag is opened. It doesn't change every time you open a bag - going up or down based on the last one you opened.

Each individual bag has a 25% chance to grant a token. Not, "you will get 250 tokens out of every 1000 bags you open."
Full-Time Beta Forums Tester
Spoiler

Elrathion's Avatar


Elrathion
02.18.2012 , 11:21 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
Only if it's guaranteed.

But percentage chance applies each time a new bag is opened. It doesn't change every time you open a bag - going up or down based on the last one you opened.

Each individual bag has a 25% chance to grant a token. Not, "you will get 250 tokens out of every 1000 bags you open."
Statistically speaking, your chance increases as you have a few bags without. Still there's no way of telling wether you'll get like 0 - 0 -0 .......... 1 - 1 - 1. That's the anoying part with chance

ZDProletariat's Avatar


ZDProletariat
02.18.2012 , 11:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrathion View Post
Statistically speaking, your chance increases as you have a few bags without. Still there's no way of telling wether you'll get like 0 - 0 -0 .......... 1 - 1 - 1. That's the anoying part with chance
lol Your chance does not increase on the next bag if your previous bags did not have a commendation. That's called the gambler's fallacy. Don't commit it.

Anishor's Avatar


Anishor
02.18.2012 , 11:26 AM | #27
3 weeks of dailes and Weekly quests as BM, 2 tokens.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Benets's Avatar


Benets
02.18.2012 , 11:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by svartalfimposter View Post
It is my opiniion that CHANCE based systems are the result of simple minded, idiotic design.
I couldn't agree more. This is dumb, random based rewards. Each 100 bags you have a chance to get 25, but you're enemy with luck can have 5 out of 10. Not fair nor fun.
And you can open 25 in a row and get none, it's unlikely but not impossible specially with million players, at least some will have this experience. This system is one of worst ideas ever i saw in MMO.

Probly they want to do something different only to say, it's different. But's lame.

IF you supposed to have 1 each 4 more or less, it's better to give a commendation each bag you open, and raise the price of items. Multiply the prices by 4. In avarage, long term, will be the same, but at least for short term game evolution you'll not feel stagned.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Benets's Avatar


Benets
02.18.2012 , 11:48 AM | #29
And there's more things idiotic in this bag system.

Takes too long to reach 60, when you reach it you'll proble have all champion set parts.
Just when you dont need champion commendation anymore, it begins to be the base drop from bag. This stupid.

When you begin to have champion commendation it's almost usless. Only serve to equip companion. This whole system's crap. It's very easy and do not have mystery. Give commendation each bag and/or the same commendation buy items from the sets, but what allow you do buy the set or not is your rank level, there's no mystery. Do a crazy system only to say it's different do not work.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Leekae's Avatar


Leekae
02.18.2012 , 11:51 AM | #30
Even t hough the law of averages states you SHOULD get 250 BM tokens from 1000, the way it's applied now, you may get 0 just the same. See how that works?
∃░░≣░░░░░≣Σ██████████████████████████████████████)