Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR.exe Running Twice in Task Manager

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR.exe Running Twice in Task Manager
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Strelitzia
12.15.2011 , 07:23 PM | #1
Alright I've been forced to constantly shut down the game constantly because the game for some stupid reason keeps running twice. It's getting to the point where it's sucking up 70-100% of my CPU and 6-8gigs of my ram. It's really annoying to see such a huge memory leak coming from the game and crippling my use of the computer.

Every time I force one of the .exe files to end the other ends as well. I've seen that this has been a problem that kept cropping up before launch and there hasn't been a definitive answer on how to fix the issue from what I've been searching. I'd very much appreciate if this could be resolved since I would rather not have the game keep sucking up all of my hardware resources. People have said that they've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times and the issue still wasn't resolved.

Inomae
12.16.2011 , 01:35 AM | #2
I am experiencing this exact same issue. Please help us. This is really annoying.

Crimmlee
12.16.2011 , 03:42 AM | #3
i have never played an mmo that needs to run 2 exe's of itself, so lets fix this BW

Miren
12.16.2011 , 04:12 AM | #4
Bump. I saw that too yesterday while trying to understand why my FPS changed HUGE in 2 days and saw that two swtor.exe running in task manager.

Revenar
12.16.2011 , 04:14 AM | #5
Based on what I can tell, one of the SWTOR.exe instances is the launcher, the other is the game client. I have the launcher pinned to my taskbar in Windows 7, and once the game starts, a second icon appears in the taskbar which is the actual game itself.

Darthiaga
12.16.2011 , 04:14 AM | #6
same here
same here

because twice is better.exe
because twice is better.exe

FoE_Paranoid
12.16.2011 , 04:15 AM | #7
I am also seeing 2 swtor.exe in my task manager. Slowing my computer down quite a bit a times

Zythaera
12.16.2011 , 04:21 AM | #8
Well, thats ******. Are they trying to be like chrome?
:: The Sovereign :: We, the harbingers of death, shall rise from the ashes and conquer all who oppose our reign.

Don_J
12.16.2011 , 04:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenar View Post
Based on what I can tell, one of the SWTOR.exe instances is the launcher, the other is the game client. I have the launcher pinned to my taskbar in Windows 7, and once the game starts, a second icon appears in the taskbar which is the actual game itself.
But both executibles point to the same file in the same folder, launcher is located in different folder and has different file name. And both applications use way too much memory, for one of them to be launcher.

I'm experiencing the same issue, btw
Epic, Empire guild for us with demanding real life!
Smile It's better to fondly remember a happy youth, than to get depressed by a sad one!
YES! To removing gear stats in PVP. NO! To PVP gear grind.

Sethhan
12.16.2011 , 04:28 AM | #10
I Have Windows 7 and having the same problem.
I will try the quick fix and see if my computer stops behaving weird. It just reboots it's self after playing for a while. It has never happened before and I'v been playing ME1 and ME2 on this machine. The problem was first experienced playing swtor. I really hope that killing the other .exe will sort tis issue too